Delta Elite Worth It?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NickW

NickW

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 21,518

Posted Aug. 10 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hello Guys. ran across a Delta Elite Yesterday, good condition, with a letter from a local gunsmith giving it a clean bill of health, they want 850 for it, what do you think? Many thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   sqlbullet

sqlbullet

• Member ID: 8,698

Posted Aug. 11 2011 - 09:25 AM

New or old mfg, stainless or blue?

#3 OFFLINE   NickW

NickW

Posted Aug. 12 2011 - 06:23 PM

New or old mfg, stainless or blue?

Old MFG, Stainless.

#4 OFFLINE   sqlbullet

sqlbullet

Posted Aug. 13 2011 - 11:48 AM

Probably fair.

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=245861435.

But, two days left bidding on this one. My experience is they are generally $100-$200 below the final price heading into the last day of bidding. Plus, on Gunbroker, you have shipping fees and ffl fees. Assuming your are $850 out the door, I think that is a pretty good deal.

#5 OFFLINE   NickW

NickW

Posted Aug. 13 2011 - 02:01 PM

Probably fair.

<a href="
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=245861435" target="_blank">http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem....?Item=245861435</a>.

But, two days left bidding on this one. My experience is they are generally $100-$200 below the final price heading into the last day of bidding. Plus, on Gunbroker, you have shipping fees and ffl fees. Assuming your are $850 out the door, I think that is a pretty good deal.

Thanks, I was thinking 850 was about 50 too much, perhaps I will offer 800. One thing though this Delta is bright shiny as if its been polished, looks very nice though.

#6 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 17,986

Posted Aug. 13 2011 - 05:47 PM

:unsure: do hot 10mm loads put too much stress on a 1911 which was designed for the low pressure 45acp? :hmm:

#7 OFFLINE   sqlbullet

sqlbullet

Posted Aug. 13 2011 - 09:22 PM

:unsure: do hot 10mm loads put too much stress on a 1911 which was designed for the low pressure 45acp? :hmm:

Not if set up properly. The first generation Delta's did have a frame cracking issue. However this was a flex issue not a strength issue. Colt fixed it by removing the metal where the crack would occur. I have run some pretty hot loads through my Para. It is rock solid.

#8 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Member ID: 3,238

Posted Aug. 14 2011 - 10:28 AM

I was thinking around $800 USD as a decent offer too.

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Years ago, my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart . . . I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd, 'Harvey'

"I'm dry, when I work." - Col.  Alan Faulkner, 'The Wild Geese'

#9 OFFLINE   Rodekill

Rodekill

• Member ID: 15,433

Posted Aug. 15 2011 - 08:11 PM

That is a good price IMHO. I've had 2 over the years, nice guns, BUT I wouldn't trade my G20 for one.

Signature:
American by birth, TEXAN by the grace of God.
Don't fear the night, fear who hunts at night.

Psychos don't explode when the sunlight hits them,
I don't care how crazy they are.
-Seth Gecko

In a perfect world...
If someone sticks a gun in you face, and says "Give me your money"
You should have the right to stick your gun in his face, and give him a bullet, right between the eyes,
and the cops should pat you on the back, and say"Thank you sir, that's one we don't have to deal with".

#10 OFFLINE   NickW

NickW

Posted Aug. 17 2011 - 06:35 PM

Well I passed on the Delta, the gunsmith had to replace the some trigger parts, the sear had been messed with and thus I didn't have that warm fuzzy feeling. Will keep looking, thanks to all.

#11 OFFLINE   shooter94

shooter94

Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy

• Member ID: 302

Posted Dec. 19 2016 - 12:30 AM

Dont give up on the Delta, its a fine pistol.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center