FNP 9 vs M&P 9

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cactus1

cactus1

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 18,436

Posted May. 18 2012 - 01:11 PM

I am going to buy a 9mm pistola, I have already cashed in on a buddy's ammo deal. He sold me 2000 rounds of Agula ammo 9mm for 180 per 1000. He said he purchased for $209 per, and his wife had a fit (he has a baby coming in 9 days). Anyway I have had the itch for a 9mm for some time now. I am between an FNP 9 or the M&P9. I like the hammer fired FN, but it would not take much to talk me out of the FN and into the M&P

Looking for expirence with either, and pros and cons of both. I have shot the M&P with the apex kit, but I am loaded down with striker fired pistols (glock variety).

Price is a moot point i can get either for same money.

As always you guys have knowledge that can be found nowhere else thanks for the help.

Signature:

gallery_1_11_4016.jpg

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

#2 OFFLINE   AnonymousD

AnonymousD

• Member ID: 6,830

Posted May. 18 2012 - 03:27 PM

Ive never shot or handled an FNP9, but I have an M&P9, and it quickly became my favorite handgun. It just fits my had so well. Since I got it, Im looking to replace my G19 carry gun with an M&P Shield.

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   aatheiss

aatheiss

• Member ID: 20,835

Posted May. 18 2012 - 04:00 PM

I second the M&P. I scored a great deal on a used Pro Series (not the long slide version), and I love it. I've only handled an FNP-45 Tactical, and while I didn't shoot it, it did feel really good in my hands. I don't know how the -9 would differ.

I never could buy into the Glock hype. They never did feel right in my hands, same with the XD family. The M&P does it for me.

ETA: IMO, one of the best things the M&P has going for it is the ability to grip it so high, in relation to the bore centerline. From what I have seen, the FNP sits a little higher.

Edited by aatheiss, May. 18 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Signature:
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time. " - Patton

#4 OFFLINE   AnonymousD

AnonymousD

• Member ID: 6,830

Posted May. 18 2012 - 04:56 PM

ETA: IMO, one of the best things the M&P has going for it is the ability to grip it so high, in relation to the bore centerline. From what I have seen, the FNP sits a little higher.

Yea, I love that. I actually undercut my trigger guard too. So I can get a really high grip.

#5 OFFLINE   Gran Torino

Gran Torino

Get off my lawn

• Group:New.Members
  • Member ID: 18,313

Posted May. 18 2012 - 07:32 PM

I had an FNP 9 and it was a good gun. I have two M&P9's and an M&P .45 on the way. I like these oh so much better :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 ONLINE   turkishroy

turkishroy

brass squirrel

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 20,437

Posted May. 18 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've shot the fnp45, but I imagine the ergonomics are similar. Wasn't a fan of the combo decocker/safety thing, but experienced owners have mentioned that its a non issue if you "ride" the safety like a 1911, as it requires a fair amount of pressure to actually actuate the decocker.

I've only handled m&p's, but they feel great in the hand. Idk how it feels to shoot though. I am however, highly interested in them.

Signature:

"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities... It is best to win without fighting." - Sun Tzu

" You see it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want. It's the blood you share, your family, your friendships, your community. These are the most valuable things a man could have."

IDPA - SSP Sharpshooter, CDP Marksman

#7 OFFLINE   Jaeger48

Jaeger48

chances are I'm wrong

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 21,618

Posted May. 19 2012 - 09:40 AM

I would be buying M&Ps if I didn't already have a Glock. They're a dream to shoot IMO.

#8 OFFLINE   unsuperman

unsuperman

• Member ID: 6,646

Posted May. 19 2012 - 10:27 AM

a year or so back, i was in the market for a none glock 9mm. i had a source to get the FNx9 for about 450 OTD. i handled it, and decided it felt cheap compared to my glocks. so i kept looking. i ended up with a fullsize M/P9. its a great gun, and really, after years of striker fired glocks, the factory smith trigger doesnt bother me at all. could it be better? sure. but its not my go-to gun, so i dont really care to spend money on the apex parts right now. i probably will some day tho.

that being said, i WILL be buying an FN 45 tactical sometime, those are outstanding pistols.

Signature:

Richard C.

-Century Arms 1975 WASR-10 AK-47
-Colt Pre-Ban Match HBAR AR-15
-Essential Arms/Del-ton 14.5 M4 AR-15
-Mk12 Mod0 AR-15
-Carbine 480$ AR-15
-H&K/Walther 416-22
-Custom Lightweight AR-15
-1891/30 Mosin Nagant
-Ruger 10/22
-Mossberg 500A
-Mossberg 935
-Remington 870 Express
-Stoeger Double Defense 12ga
-Taurus PT1911 Stainless
-Taurus M85 Ultra Lite
-Glock 19
-Glock 17
-Glock 20
-Glock 26

-Glock 31
-Glock 34
-Beretta M9
-S&W M&P9
-Sig GSR 1911

-S&W500
All at the bottom of the Atlantic sadly, Damn boating accidents.
nra.gif

#9 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

• Group:E.S. Staff
  • Member ID: 17,756

Posted May. 21 2012 - 08:21 PM

I had an FNP 9 and it was a good gun. I have two M&P9's and an M&P .45 on the way. I like these oh so much better :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Who did the serrations on your slide GT??

Cost??

Turn around time?

Signature:

Purpose should drive the Purchase......

The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center