.223 bullets

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 25,426

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 10:59 AM

Received an email notification last night from Everglades Ammo that .223 bullets were in stock. Went to their website and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! $260 for 1000 bullets. Just bullets. Not Ammo...bullets!

I sent them a quick note:

"$260 for 1000 bullets?!?! Holy cow! Really? $260 for $80 worth of bullets? Wow, I thought I found a good place to look for supplies. I guess I was wrong. I didn't know I was shopping at another Cheaper Than Dirt."

The owner immediately sent this reply:

"Michael

We have seen over a 100% increase in cost on brass and bullets since the election. We kept the prices as low as possible until our existing inventory ran out. As you can see on our site we are out of stock on almost everything. I normally get shipments every week. It has been 7 weeks since my last shipment. It is a case of supply and demand. My suppliers are charging significantly more and I have to pass those costs to my customers. I understand the frustration, but there is nothing I can do about it if I want to stay in business. I have to turn a profit.

The bad part is I know it doesnt cost any more to produce them, but when my distributor calls me I have no leverage. Take it or leave it. He doesnt care and just calls the next guy on the list if I dont buy. We are working to correct this by increasing our manufacturing capability. In three to four months we will be producing our own 223 bullets and then we will be able to control the price. Thanks.

Steve Bender
Everglades Ammo
Fax: 239.455.2483
sbender@bendershooting.com"

I felt bad afterwards and wrote back to apologize, but I told him that there is no way I'm paying $260 for a double handful of bullets.

So this is what we have to look forward to. Everybody is getting screwed by everybody else. The customers by the vendor, the vendor by the distributor, and the distributor by the manufacturer.

I thought I wanted bullets to get started reloading, but I don't want any that bad.

Signature:

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

#2 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 12:57 PM

I know what you mean.

Its times like now you get into the other reason to load which is finest rounds you can get and do smaller lot sizes.  

Just for the hell of it, I was checking my volume brass sites I use.  They've doubled too.  Worse with the Obama surplus ban once their's is gone, I don't know when if ever they'll get more.  

Gun control has long been an effort to make shooting a rich man's sport.  That's what happened to FAs and now they are trying with semiautomatics.  

#3 OFFLINE   Magelk

Magelk

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 22,974

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 01:54 PM

What kind of bullets were they?

Signature:
 But today, A vortec six liter V8, a box full of hollowpoints and Lord willing, A GD Twinkie! Gotta enjoy the little things.

#4 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 03:38 PM

What kind of bullets were they?

Just plain ole standard FMJ bullets.

http://www.everglade...mj-bullets.html

#5 OFFLINE   soleeagle

soleeagle

• Member ID: 25,420

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 05:22 PM

I need bullets but not that bad

Signature:

29508ba2-44c6-4b22-bf4a-0cea11ef767f_zps

#6 OFFLINE   Magelk

Magelk

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 22,974

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 05:31 PM

Cripe, I was getting mine at the lgs for 79$ and they were brand new. He packaged them so I'm not sure but I think they are Hornady. As soon as I'm mobile, I'm going down there to see what he has in stock.

#7 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 05:42 PM

Cripe, I was getting mine at the lgs for 79$ and they were brand new. He packaged them so I'm not sure but I think they are Hornady. As soon as I'm mobile, I'm going down there to see what he has in stock.

Grab me some, I'll pay ya back. LOL

But not it they're $260 though.

#8 OFFLINE   soleeagle

soleeagle

• Member ID: 25,420

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 05:44 PM

Grab me some, I'll pay ya back. LOL

But not it they're $260 though.

Yeah no doubt. Pick me up some too. LOL

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic