AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

300 AAC Blackout 10.5 barrel twist?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Joel74

Joel74

You got one shot left in that shooter. Make the most of it.

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 28,391

Posted Apr. 10 2014 - 03:20 PM

Looking for a recommendation and information on a 10.5" blackout barrel to use suppressed shooting subsonic 220gr bullets.  I already have a YHM 7.26 TI QD suppressor and the warranty is void for shorter than 10.5"   What information exists?  I see the 300 blackout in 16" listed on BHW's site.  I don't want to fight FTF & FTE in a pistol length barrel.  Also, what twist is the best with this barrel suppressed and subsonic? Any help on this subject is appreciated.

Signature:

I will not comply.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Sharps%201874%20-%20s1_zpsgc6qmatj.png

#2 ONLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

• Group:Armory Staff
  • Member ID: 7,056

Posted Apr. 11 2014 - 09:08 AM

Looking for a recommendation and information on a 10.5" blackout barrel to use suppressed shooting subsonic 220gr bullets.  I already have a YHM 7.26 TI QD suppressor and the warranty is void for shorter than 10.5"   What information exists?  I see the 300 blackout in 16" listed on BHW's site.  I don't want to fight FTF & FTE in a pistol length barrel.  Also, what twist is the best with this barrel suppressed and subsonic? Any help on this subject is appreciated.

BHW will make up a short pistol barrel.The guns will run but the biggest thing  I have heard is they are so slick that it is hard to get them down to the sub level.  You might drop George note at BTE and ask him as he is the only guy I know personally shooting one of them and he speaks BLK very well.  He can talk twist for you but my understanding it is best to go fast for a bi-usage deal.

Greg

Signature:
The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

#3 ONLINE   Joel74

Joel74

You got one shot left in that shooter. Make the most of it.

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 28,391

Posted Apr. 11 2014 - 10:23 AM

Thanks.  Seems I misspoke about the barrel length and warranty. YHM makes an exception on the length of a 300 Blackout.  Minimum length warrantied in 300 Blackout is 8".

#4 OFFLINE   TommyD630

TommyD630

• Group:New Members
  • Member ID: 31,734

Posted Jan. 12 2017 - 12:12 AM

I know it has been a while since you made this post. Are you still looking for a 10.5" 300 BO barrel?

• mthunter65 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users