Budget laser light combos

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   halfglocked

halfglocked

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 28,765

Posted Apr. 18 2014 - 01:22 AM

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone has tried mounting any if the import "knock off" laser light combos? I bought a couple of UTAC LSOO3 green laser flashlight combos from Amazon for 99.00$ a piece, I have put about a 100 rounds through my G20 sf , everything from underpowered 180gr.fmj FFederal to fairly stout HPR 200 JHPs and so far it has held zero. The laser is nice and bright and is visible in broad daylight up to 25 yds the only real complaint 8 have is the 200 lumen llight beam has to narrow of a hot spot without much usable spill, I have also had my eye on some Laser speed knockoff version of the Veridian x5 that I can get at really good prices, any how just like to hear what experiences you may have had good or bad.it has really boosted my confidence as my vision due to diabetes was getting so bad I couldn't use my iron sights any longer and now I see again lol thanks all.

#2 OFFLINE   kutz

kutz

• Member ID: 29,473

Posted Apr. 18 2014 - 10:20 AM

CT MVF 515

#3 OFFLINE   halfglocked

halfglocked

Posted Apr. 18 2014 - 12:30 PM

Now that is a sweet long gun set up and Iam not to nock upper echelon products like Crimson Trace Viridian, Surefir, streamlight etc, ,,, That is way out of my price range.

#4 OFFLINE   halfglocked

halfglocked

Posted Jun. 13 2014 - 10:11 AM

UPDATE: well most you all will probably say you get what you pay for , but in the beginning of April one of the plastic toggle switches became loose at the center mounting hole so I tightened the philips screw and it stripped 9th and just flopped around and a couple of days later the second laser had the same problem, s after many interactions with Amazon customer support they gave me credit vouchers for the value I 0 aid for the lasers. Shame though they green laser was bright enough to see at mid day and held zero well .

#5 OFFLINE   halfglocked

halfglocked

Posted Dec. 12 2014 - 01:06 AM

Does any one have any knowledge on the new true.glow.true.point green laser combo?
http://www.glockmeis...ctinfo/TG7650G/any feedback is appreciated.

#6 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Dec. 12 2014 - 06:32 AM

I am not up on all these fancy gizmos for sidearms, I run Trijicon night sights and a hand held Surefire so I don't have to point my weapon at every single thing I want to illuminate.

Having said that, I would think you would get good customer service from TrueGlo, and they would be a bit more careful about quality before they put their name on something.

Sorry I can't help you with direct experience.

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#7 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 17,136

Posted Dec. 15 2014 - 12:44 PM

Have you looked at the Streamlight TLR4?  I have one on my 1911, and it is a good little light for what it costs.  Much cheaper than the TLR2 laser/light combo.

http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=TLR4

Edited by adair_usmc, Dec. 15 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   halfglocked

halfglocked

Posted Mar. 31 2015 - 11:29 PM

Thanks so far my import UtacLS003 lights have held up well on my G20 with warm loads and has held zero and the on on my G17 well its a pop gun compared to the 10mm now I am looking for a light/laser friendly holster,I really don't want the Safari land leather ones (nothing against them,I just don't want leather) so are there any kydexknife paddle holsters or something similar? Thank you all again in advance.

#9 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Apr. 01 2015 - 06:44 AM

Thanks so far my import UtacLS003 lights have held up well on my G20 with warm loads and has held zero and the on on my G17 well its a pop gun compared to the 10mm now I am looking for a light/laser friendly holster,I really don't want the Safari land leather ones (nothing against them,I just don't want leather) so are there any kydexknife paddle holsters or something similar? Thank you all again in advance.

Glad they are working for you on the G17.

I hope you find what you need for the 10mm.

#10 OFFLINE   Raven_Actual

Raven_Actual

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 30,140

Posted Apr. 01 2015 - 08:39 PM

X400® Ultra — Green Laser

I know, it's not cheap.

I've been using SureFire for a few years with zero issues.  I highly recommend SureFire products.

I'm still using a M500A that I bought 6 years ago and it is as good as new.

20150327_110752_zpsq0xlqbt9.jpg

Signature:

Raven-1_zpskqia5yvh.png

#11 OFFLINE   halfglocked

halfglocked

Posted Apr. 02 2015 - 11:24 AM

So far my budget greenaser:light combo has held up well despite the recoil with full power loads and the one on my G17 well that is a pop gun and has had no issues, ow I am looking for a holster that can accommodate the laser/light set up and I really don't want a safari land leather holster does any one have any ideas? Thanks

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center