Rock Island 10mm

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dj454

dj454

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 11,722

Posted Dec. 29 2014 - 08:50 AM

I was looking at Rock Islands website this weekend. I knew they started offering 10mm's last year but they had a 6" version listed. I have wanted a longslide 10mm for awhile. I have heard good things about Rock Island but they have all been 45's or 9mm's. Has anybody tried a RIA 10mm the price is tempting but I don't want it if it won't hold up. Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   ewallover

ewallover

• Member ID: 18,501

Posted Dec. 29 2014 - 06:44 PM

My son has one and he loves it. It is his hunting sidearm while elk hunting in Wyoming. No reported hiccups!

#3 OFFLINE   ToeCutter

ToeCutter

• Member ID: 7,604

Posted May. 29 2016 - 09:23 PM

I have been ogling the new Double stack version from Rock Island. I was really leaning towards the P220 but then i saw the Rock Island 1911... I really want both...

http://armscor.com/f...tra-fs-hc-10mm/

Edited by ToeCutter, May. 29 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#4 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted May. 30 2016 - 06:53 PM

My RIA 10mm...luv it

gallery_24285_275_249127.jpg

• nickE10mm and mpsporttoter like this

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#5 OFFLINE   ewallover

ewallover

• Member ID: 18,501

Posted May. 30 2016 - 07:21 PM

Been eyeing the long slide 10 from RIA. I'd really prefer a simple non- railed pistol but I'm not sure they offer that configuration in the 6" barreled 10. I love the sights, just don't want a rail on the frame. If push come to shove, I'm sure I could live with it, but I just like the lines of the original design. And I can't find an image of the pistol without the holes drilled in the frame for an optic mount...

#6 OFFLINE   nickE10mm

nickE10mm

• Member ID: 9,218

Posted Jun. 04 2016 - 04:53 AM

Gshayd, what you have picture there is my next For whatever reason I continue to buy a Glock 29th and then sell them later to find other projects I think what I really have wanted all along as a contact in millimeter, but a 1911 10mm in Commander configuration .... and they have brought me a full rail on a compact!

Anymore details you can share about your pistol i.e. performance accuracy handling carry ability and everything else Would be much appreciated Plus anymore pictures

#7 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Jun. 04 2016 - 10:35 PM

4.2 inch barrel and it puts the bullets  center of mass. Sweet Shooter

#8 OFFLINE   nickE10mm

nickE10mm

• Member ID: 9,218

Posted Aug. 26 2016 - 01:11 AM

Just picked this one up and i'm duly impressed!!!

IMG_0378.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   ToeCutter

ToeCutter

• Member ID: 7,604

Posted Jan. 23 2017 - 01:44 AM

I have been ogling the new Double stack version from Rock Island. I was really leaning towards the P220 but then i saw the Rock Island 1911... I really want both...

http://armscor.com/f...tra-fs-hc-10mm/

Well I finally did buy a Rock Island ultra A2.... It is pretty sweat 1911. The grip frame is big as was to be expected. But this is not and issue for me as I have pretty large hands... I will post pics later...

#10 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Jan. 23 2017 - 02:09 AM

If you are going to use it at the range or in competition to put a ton of rounds through, I would definately

not use the ammo that is super hot a majority of the time. IMO, you are just tempting fate.

The ideal situation would be to reload some reasonable pressure range ammo, which would also be more enjoyable to shoot,

and then use the bear/bad guy medicine to the extent to be able to shoot it well, on target, and make sure the sidearm function with it. 

This would actually go for any magnum or stout loaded sidearm caliber out there. 

There are a lot of of handguns out there that are rated to handle a steady diet of +P or magnum loads,

but that doesn't mean it is the best thing to feed it on all the time. You are simply accelerating wear.

My daughter's .357 Magnum Ruger revolver could probably handle a steady diet of .357,

but it will stay tight longer and she will shoot it more using .38 specials for training/plinking. 

I am interested in RIA and always read the threads on them here.

It seems to me that this Filipino gunmaker has figured out how to forge and build a reasonably priced

reliable and sturdy line of handguns, and their service seems good in the rare instance a problem does develop. 

Even though I don't have personal experience, if I wanted a 10mm at a lower price point, I would buy with confidence. 

Anyone have RIA's with high round counts? 

John

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#11 OFFLINE   racoonbeast

racoonbeast

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 31,970

Posted Apr. 15 2017 - 08:36 AM

Any gun will last longer with a steady diet of light ammo as compared to a steady diet of hot stuff. That is just how machines work. That being said, if the round is pretty much fully encased in the chamber and the barrel has an integral feed ramp, the gun is built as strong as any 10mm is and will handle the hot stuff as much and as long as any 10mm will. Due to the cost of the hot stuff, most folks don't have to worry about wearing their gun out with it. Most use is sparingly for hunting or maybe the occasional dazzling exposition at the range. Of course hand loaders probably use it more often, but I would imagine due to the cost of the fancy killer bullets, even they do not use it in great numbers all of the time.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center