Chinese Army Optics---What Do They Do?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SturmGewehr

SturmGewehr

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 31,177

Posted Sep. 09 2016 - 04:03 PM

In the beginner's forum we are discussing red dots and which is the best (for AR15s).

http://ar15armory.co...-red-dot/page-2

The red dot maker Holosun came up and they make some interesting red dots, one solar powered.  But are they durable?  I am wondering if the Holosun is Chinese, which I am told it is, is the Holosun used by the Chinese on their AK type weapons?  Since these are known as durable, it would make no sense to put a delicate red dot on a rifle which is accustomed to taking some abuse.  Or, do they use something else?   What do you guys think?

#2 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 417

Posted Sep. 09 2016 - 04:23 PM

A lot of scopes- a majority, I'd say, are made in China. All of the inexpensive ones are made in China. I wouldn't assume that because it is made in China, it is used by their military.

• SturmGewehr likes this

Signature:

Wag more. Bark less.

So many guns, so little time.

#3 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

• Member ID: 4,205

Posted Sep. 10 2016 - 06:06 AM

If you are looking into an inexpensive red dot that can take abuse, check out the Soviet optics from Kalinka Optics.

• SturmGewehr likes this

Signature:

0xCkRE3.png

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
George Orwell

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

"I don't get that -- people going to war over religion. I don't know, I could see going to war over justice or democracy or even revenge. But if you're going to war over religion, now you're just killing people in an argument over who has the better imaginary friend." Richard Jeni

#4 OFFLINE   SturmGewehr

SturmGewehr

Posted Sep. 10 2016 - 12:07 PM

If you are looking into an inexpensive red dot that can take abuse, check out the Soviet optics from Kalinka Optics.

Thanks andy2205.

#5 OFFLINE   SturmGewehr

SturmGewehr

Posted Sep. 10 2016 - 12:09 PM

I think I hit the wrong button and disliked you post but I actually wanted to hit the "like" instead, sorry.

#6 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 31,419

Posted Sep. 10 2016 - 03:31 PM

There's no consistency with optics (scopes) when it comes to their ground forces. I don't think they do much red dotting. It's as though each political district has an independent army. They don't but a lot of equipment is indigenous. But they also use nice glass such as Kahles (Austrian). As is so common in the far east, there's a really good chance it comes down to bribes.

Signature:

This is my last build.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center