Goodbye RAM 1500

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 17,136

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:18 PM

So, today my wife and I were talking about our aging diesel pickup we have for towing (1997 cummins), and how our half ton is the only truck we have that is a quad where we can put the car seats, and we decided it was time for a new truck, and we made it happen.

Luckily, the new tires I bought for the half ton will fit on this new one (glad I bought load range E).  But behold, our brand new ram 2500 heavy duty laramie crew cab pickup - 

lWclx0H.jpg

zhvCoQt.jpg

It has some pretty decent tires on it as-is, but I am gonna keep those KO2's to use on this one when they wear out.

We are excited 

Edited by adair_usmc, Mar. 17 2017 - 09:40 PM.

• Bentwrench likes this

#2 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff
  • Member ID: 6,696

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:23 PM

Nice. That is what I want a 2500 Laramie with the Cummins. Was it new or used? I went just goofing off back in Jan and one of the dealers had a 2016 they were trying to clear out. Sticker was 64 but they were quick to start the negoations at 51.

My 1500 was the last year they had the life time powertrain warrantee so it will be a long time before it leaves but hopefully it will have a bigger brother in a couple of years.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   joshm

joshm

• Member ID: 29,313

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:26 PM

Don't sell the 97. I regret getting rid of my 97 1ton more than any other car I've sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 33

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:27 PM

Congrats on the new truck. Sure looks nice.

Everybody is getting a new truck but me.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#5 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:33 PM

Congrats on the new truck. Sure looks nice.

Everybody is getting a new truck but me.

Not everybody, at least not yet.

#6 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:34 PM

Don't sell the 97. I regret getting rid of my 97 1ton more than any other car I've sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 97 is falling apart, we parted with it as part of the deal.  And it is just a regular cab, really don't have room for anything in it and do anything with the family.  

#7 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:35 PM

I cant tell from the pics, is that the crew or club cab?

#8 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:39 PM

Nice. That is what I want a 2500 Laramie with the Cummins. Was it new or used? I went just goofing off back in Jan and one of the dealers had a 2016 they were trying to clear out. Sticker was 64 but they were quick to start the negoations at 51.

My 1500 was the last year they had the life time powertrain warrantee so it will be a long time before it leaves but hopefully it will have a bigger brother in a couple of years.

It was used, barely - 22,000 miles.  We were able to get them down to $40,000 on this one, and give me a good trade in for my 1500 also.  They were going to buy the KO2 tires from me, but since they are the same size that are on this new truck, we decided to just keep them instead.  The tires that are on it are definitely not stock, and are in great shape, so we will just use those for a while, knowing I have a really good set of tires ready to go.

#9 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:40 PM

I cant tell from the pics, is that the crew or club cab?

It is a crew cab.  Much, much bigger than the quad cab that my halfton had.  

#10 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Member ID: 22,192

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:41 PM

Nice!

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#11 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:42 PM

It was used, barely - 22,000 miles.  We were able to get them down to $40,000 on this one, and give me a good trade in for my 1500 also.  They were going to buy the KO2 tires from me, but since they are the same size that are on this new truck, we decided to just keep them instead.  The tires that are on it are definitely not stock, and are in great shape, so we will just use those for a while, knowing I have a really good set of tires ready to go.

It is a crew cab.  Much, much bigger than the quad cab that my halfton had.

Nice and a pretty good deal, at least it would be around here.

I have to have at least a crew cab. There is room in my quad cab now but not nearly as much as the crew and honestly, as I plan on having the kids and grand kids in it for longer road trips I want a mega cab.

#12 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 09:52 PM

Were you able to get the balance of the factory warrantee?

#13 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 10:01 PM

Were you able to get the balance of the factory warrantee?

We were able to, the previous owner also had a national extended warranty that was transferable, so we got that too. Even covers oil changes for free at Chrysler/ram dealers until 100,000 miles. It was a nice bonus.

Now I just need to order some weathertech floor mats and get those in the way...
  • devil duck likes this

#14 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 10:04 PM

We were able to, the previous owner also had a national extended warranty that was transferable, so we got that too. Even covers oil changes for free at Chrysler/ram dealers until 100,000 miles. It was a nice bonus.
Now I just need to order some weathertech floor mats and get those in the way...

Thats a hell of a deal. Very hard to come by trucks like down down here. The new Tradesmen are going for starting about 41. I have a couple of co-workers that got them last year. I was really surprised at what is standard equipment now on what used to be a used truck. For me the next one may be the last one I ever buy so I want a little more luxury then the base model though they are nice.

#15 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 10:12 PM

Thats a hell of a deal. Very hard to come by trucks like down down here. The new Tradesmen are going for starting about 41. I have a couple of co-workers that got them last year. I was really surprised at what is standard equipment now on what used to be a used truck. For me the next one may be the last one I ever buy so I want a little more luxury then the base model though they are nice.

Yeah, we were not initially planning on buying today or even nessesarily soon, but after dealing with them today and running the numbers we couldn't let this one slip away.

#16 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 17 2017 - 10:15 PM

I dont blame you.  Its a hell of a deal.  When I was window shopping I found a 2015 Laramie with about 30K on it.  They wanted 45 for it but it had been wrecked.  A buddy at word actually went by and drove it and was telling me about it when I started finishing what the truck had and features he asked if I had seen it on line.  I told him I had and that it had been wrecked.  They were going to try to sell it to him without even telling him about it.  I'll never do business with them for sure.

#17 OFFLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

• Member ID: 5,622

Contributor

Posted Mar. 18 2017 - 03:06 AM

Nice truck, congratulations.

Signature:
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
George Carlin

My State is BIGGER than yours!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

#18 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 16,016

Posted Mar. 18 2017 - 03:21 AM

Congratulations, that's a fine looking truck. I absolutely love mine, it's a 07, last of the 5.9. I am amazed at how great the newer ones ride. You did very good on the deal although I would love to have had your 97. But the difference between the old and new one is world's apart. You are going to love it.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#19 OFFLINE   j-dub

j-dub

Zombie H-K

• Member ID: 5,140

Posted Mar. 18 2017 - 07:16 AM

congrats!!  enjoy the new hauler.

Signature:

#20 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Member ID: 25,426

Posted Mar. 18 2017 - 07:33 AM

Very nice Adair. Nice truck. Nice interior too.
I've been loving my new truck.

Signature:

Lighten up Francis!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
A
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center