• Group:G.D. Staff
  • Member ID: 6,696

Contributor

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 03:53 PM

Any tips for removing it?

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 04:57 PM

hqdefault.jpg

• JohnGaltOU812 likes this

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#3 ONLINE   MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA

• Group:E.S. Staff
  • Member ID: 22,055

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 05:07 PM

A couple sizes of plastic and metal drywall knives, wallpaper remover chemical and either a squirt bottle or a pump sprayer. Its important that the spayer can shoot a mist.

You could try to just scrap it off too.

Either way, your going to have to do some mudding.

Signature:
If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal isn't for you.
Ignorance can be cured by knowledge, Stupid is Forever.
"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no eyes or ears."

"On every unauthoritative exercise of power by the legislature must the people rise in rebellion or their silence be construed into a surrender of that power to them? If so, how many rebellions should we have had already?"

"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."

#4 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 05:09 PM

hqdefault.jpg

You have no idea how tempting it is.

#5 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 05:10 PM

A couple sizes of plastic and metal drywall knives, wallpaper remover chemical and either a squirt bottle or a pump sprayer. Its important that the spayer can shoot a mist.
You could try to just scrap it off too.
Either way, your going to have to do some mudding.

Yea I have tried that, I dont mind doing the muddling as it will need to be done anyway but this stuff is stuck like a democrat on somebody else's dollar.

#6 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 25,426

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 05:12 PM

hqdefault.jpg

:bellylaf:

That's about right.  

I have 25 year old wallpaper in my house, and I'm going to clean it real good, float the seams, texture it, and paint it.  To hell with pulling it all down.  I tried that in one room (or my wife did while I wasn't home) and it pulled all the paper off the sheetrock.  Talk about a mess trying to patch, float and texture.  

Signature:

Lighten up Francis!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
A
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

#7 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Member ID: 16,016

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 07:12 PM

https://www.thisoldh...o-strip-it-away
I have used a couple of these tips with some success. The scoring tool and release agent is the key.

Edited by devil duck, Mar. 27 2017 - 07:12 PM.

• mattd65636 likes this

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#8 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 17,756

Posted Mar. 27 2017 - 10:19 PM

hqdefault.jpg

Beat me to it.
I was going to suggest a flamethrower. :laugh:

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#9 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted Mar. 28 2017 - 12:39 AM

I used a razor blade to help peel the top skin off. Then I used fabric softener mixed with hot water in a spray bottle to wet the paper and glue, let it soak and scrape it off........Peppers idea is the only second best I know. 

I did my old house and some in my new house......get the face peeled off and use the fabric softener and hot water to loosen it all......if the sheetrock was not painted before it was put on your screwed...wall paper is evil that had to be invented by a woman.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#10 ONLINE   mattd65636

mattd65636

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 27,713

Posted Mar. 28 2017 - 04:34 AM

https://www.thisoldh...o-strip-it-away
I have used a couple of these tips with some success. The scoring tool and release agent is the key.

Yep, used a scoring tool and release spray on a wall while converting an old building into a school.

Signature:

Any information on the above crime, please contact Armory Staff.

"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." -Thomas Lynch The Undertaking: Life Studies From A Dismal Trade

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again,  this time more intelligently."-Henry Ford

#11 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Posted Mar. 28 2017 - 06:13 AM

I used a razor blade to help peel the top skin off. Then I used fabric softener mixed with hot water in a spray bottle to wet the paper and glue, let it soak and scrape it off........Peppers idea is the only second best I know. 

I did my old house and some in my new house......get the face peeled off and use the fabric softener and hot water to loosen it all......if the sheetrock was not painted before it was put on your screwed...wall paper is evil that had to be invented by a woman.

This right here.  

#12 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Member ID: 6,707

Posted Mar. 31 2017 - 06:55 PM

Any tips for removing it?

A steamer works as well as anything I've ever seen . An I only watched a paper hanger do it a couple of times in MY life !...

http://www6.homedepo...B150/index.html

An if any of you should have an issue with Drywall , take note it's easy to prep even if on peels the paper off the drywall .

Solution simply SEAL the drywall with Two coats of this and then paint or whatever you're going too do over it .

I kid you not this chit works wonders ,it acts as an adhesive for paint , while blocking out nearly whatever it's put over !.

FYI : I DON'T endorse products I don't use ...

http://www.homedepot...07501/100144295

Edited by BushXM15, Mar. 31 2017 - 07:02 PM.

Signature:

#13 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

• Member ID: 17,986

Posted Apr. 01 2017 - 01:06 PM

Use a tool called a Paper Tiger that scores the paper without damaging the dry wall. Saturate with DIF and/or a mixture of vinegar and  hot water with a dash of dish detergent. Use as hot water as you can tolerate! In new construction typically the walls are not adequately painted and sized prior to paper application. If this is the case you will be skim coating and sanding once the paper is removed. Thank God that wallpaper is not as popular these days. It has presented me with heartaches over the years. It is the only job that I will not bid, time and materials only.

#14 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

• Member ID: 17,986

Posted Apr. 01 2017 - 01:12 PM

This is a common shortcut in new construction that is an absolute curse to the future home owner! Prior to papering the wall should be primed with a wallpaper primer such as Porters Blankit or a similar product and then sizing should be applied.

#15 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Member ID: 24,285

Posted Apr. 04 2017 - 04:28 PM

Luckily mine got messed up in the Hurricane of 2005 when we got some leakage in the living room. The Insurance paid for it. I did not envy the contracter........Now that wall is painted.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#16 ONLINE   calebj06

calebj06

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 27,288

Posted Apr. 04 2017 - 07:13 PM

Looks like these guys got you covered.
I used the little scoring wheel thing from lowes then the hot water and fabric softener and also tried their gel spray. Took some time but I got it all and didn't have to Remud the wall.

Good luck

#17 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Contributor

Posted Apr. 04 2017 - 10:31 PM

Most of the wallpaper is gone now. Have to do some cleanup on what is left of the glue then a lot of skimming. Seems there was also some drywall damage under some of the paneling. Gonna get that taken care of. Hopefully will be painting by the end of the weekend,

#18 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

Posted Apr. 05 2017 - 07:17 PM

Red : Next week You can spruce up the ceilings :segrin: . My Drywall Man used to do some fantastic scallop designs , fans , star burst and decorative faux plaster details in some of My high end building days . I had the perfect drywall crew ,  seriously  they did Excellent work at very reasonable   cost and were some of the quickest hangers tapers in the business . Little Mike was the talent at 5'5" and Big Mike at 7' 2" needed NO stilts or horses and Don well he kept it all together . I miss them fellas ,as do several other contractors I'm sure . Everyone has either gotten Old or Died !. I ran into little Mike's younger brother yesterday and his daughter graduated from College 4 years ago !. Damn where does the time go , anyway made me think of Little Mike !.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tiUGK_EM_eA   

#19 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Posted Apr. 05 2017 - 08:40 PM

Red : Next week You can spruce up the ceilings :segrin: . My Drywall Man used to do some fantastic scallop designs , fans , star burst and decorative faux plaster details in some of My high end building days . I had the perfect drywall crew ,  seriously  they did Excellent work at very reasonable   cost and were some of the quickest hangers tapers in the business . Little Mike was the talent at 5'5" and Big Mike at 7' 2" needed NO stilts or horses and Don well he kept it all together . I miss them fellas ,as do several other contractors I'm sure . Everyone has either gotten Old or Died !. I ran into little Mike's younger brother yesterday and his daughter graduated from College 4 years ago !. Damn where does the time go , anyway made me think of Little Mike !.

That was very interesting Bush. That guy made it look so easy.

#20 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

Posted Apr. 06 2017 - 05:19 PM

That was very interesting Bush. That guy made it look so easy.

Srgt. Hulka ; Little Mike used to do a row of half scallops close too the edge of a ceiling and then larger ones in near perfectly straight lines until the entire ceiling was done . An I swear people used to think it was stamped when completed . He had the hand eye coordination and could match anyone's texture .

I built a 7700 Sq Ft. house for a couple and their 4 year old daughter back in the mid 70's and Mike did Giraffes Elephants Zebras Lions  even some Hyenas   all over her walls in her bedroom . An her mother hand painted them , She was very talented in her own right .  I helped ( I cut straw for the mud mixture  big help ha ha ) as the rest of the interior was heavy Santa Fe stucco effect ...  

Reply to this topic

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center