• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 750

Posted Apr. 20 2017 - 10:10 PM

So, we traded the wife's Honda mini van in for a car, she did not like the van & it was getting up there in miles.....

We ended up with a Charger R/T Scat Pack @ 485hp (dynos over 500hp) screaming demon that's a 4 door luxury car with a 175mph top speed & only 1 of 12  ever made like this......

FullSizeRender_zpsoifpnmsw.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsjacqj8od.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps2vazwvxc.jpg

Signature:
In the end we're all just chalk lines on concrete only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that I'm not.

#2 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 33

Posted Apr. 20 2017 - 10:43 PM

Congrats on the Charger.

That is a nice looking car.

Everybody is getting a new car but me.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#3 ONLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

• Member ID: 5,622

Contributor

Posted Apr. 20 2017 - 10:52 PM

Damn! Nice looking charger. Congratulations, good to see you back Rampy.

Signature:
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
George Carlin

My State is BIGGER than yours!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

#4 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 03:37 AM

Holy cow !

Rampy ! !

Welcome back ! ! !

How's it hanging ? !

john

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#5 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 135

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 05:43 AM

Very nice car!!!  Congrats.   Engine??  Hemi???

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 05:59 AM

My old buddy!  When can I come out and take her for a test spin?  :D:

I know you all will love the car.  We're on our second Challenger.  I like, wrong, probably love, the Mustang and Camaro, but they just don't enough room to be practical and of the familly of new retro American muscle, the Charger has the most room.  They finally got rid of the fugly Magnum look and embraced the cars heritage.  Wasn't so when we bought our Challengers.  Today, I'd be hard pressed to decide. 

Be prepared though.  If your wife is like mine and really gets into it, she'll come home time to time with a box "Look what I bought you!" and it will be for the car with you demoted to mechanic. :hysterical3: Thankfully, you have enough performance, it shouldn't be a major project. 

Anyway, love the car and actually love the color.  That I don't know how you talked your wife into?

Tj

#7 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 01:03 PM

She has the 392 (6.4L Hemi), so far all I've done is mid muffler delete (sweet sounding V8 rumble now), Billet Technology Catch Can , Thinkware F770 front/rear dash cam, full set of Weathertech matts. Looking at a LMI cold air intake (sound and looks awesome) as the intake is already a CAI and even has a temp gauge. Might take the bottom of a hellcat's intake as it's a little more open, but doe not have the sound or the looks...as the stock air box is ugly.....

Was a fluke getting it, just happened to swing thru the Dodge lot on the way home & started talking to a sales guy at 19:45 on a Thursday, took a couple different cars for a drive as well as  a Durango & was meh....then took a Charger with the V6 and meh, so went with a R/T and the small V8 & was blah and called it a night (dealer closes at 8P) next day took a couple Chargers (Scat Pack and SRT) for a drive with a friend and the sales guy went off the deep end talking shat about how she could not be in the room when talking numbers due to HIPPA.....so I talked shat & left....few hours later manager called us trying to sweeten the pot and we did not like the colors or options of what they had.....

So, took the Honda mini van down the next day with 5 other people......saw the red one under some trees dirty and ignored....asked to drive it...HH6 and oldest daughter went with sales guy...HH6 SMOKED it leaving the dealer by accident & then daughter also smoked it.....

HH6 came back smiling ear to ear and loved it.....

Asked to talk to the manager who called us.....

Fired the sales guy, went off on the manager about his lying ass and thinking we were freaking stupid....and that the retired federal LEO credentials in my pocket said I was not freaking stupid and that HIPPA was medical and not car sales....sales guy tried arguing, told him to "freak off and die" and that if the manager wanted to sell us the red scat pack he had better give us one hell of a deal, a new sales guy and make me want to take the car home.

Ended up with a nice deal on the van (blue book excellent selling to  individual)  20% off invoice price and then 0% APR...........

HH6 drives it way more than I do, she LOVES the car.........

However, it's a turd magnet, I've ran almost 10 different Porsches, 3 of the sporty fast  Audi's,  several of the stupid fast VW's, lots of turbo ricers and even several Camaro's  and a couple Chargers.... one of the Chargers had ladder bars on & wide tires & at idle was really loopy,, guess he could not drive as we had him from the start....same with the LS1 Camaro, figured he was going to eat our lunch, but nope......

She does need wider tires as it's almost impossible to keep from smoking them from a dead stop when running it........and she smokes them for quite a ways......

#8 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Member ID: 16,016

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 02:12 PM

O MY GOD, I'm in love with that bright red beast. I am Soooo close to pulling the trigger on a 392 Scat Pack, automatic, Sublime green, loaded up.

O, try launching in second gear with getting as much stall on the converter as you can (brake torque). She will leave without blowing the tires off and still run low 4 sec 0-60. A very good friend who is a sales man at a local Dodge dealer let me have a test drive in a 2 year old 6 spd Hellcat, yes I had the red key. I have offered BOTH of the swinging boys for a great deal, I'm waiting to hear back. Apparently they are not as important to them as they are to me.

Edited by devil duck, Apr. 21 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Normally I don't talk to Obama supporters, but when I do, I ask for large fries with my order.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#9 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 02:24 PM

Now if I can only get the funds together for the new Demon. 840 hp, 9.6 sec qtr mile, 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, trans has a built in transbrake, pulls 1g on the pad, stops in less than 100 ft at 60 mph, can convert the air conditioner to engine cool down between rounds, baddest car built in the WORLD right now. The passenger and rear seat cost 1.00 extra each. Comes with 3 inch skinny front tires in a box (along with a floor jack, torque wrench, etc, in the trunk for the strip. Optional full seat harnesses and a optional "roll bar" and a few other goodies I don't remember right now. I just know that I want one really bad.
Cost will be "well" under 100k but with a 3000 build number you know the dealers are going to rape you with a "limited edition" charge.

Edited by devil duck, Apr. 21 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#10 ONLINE   calebj06

calebj06

• Member ID: 27,288

Posted Apr. 21 2017 - 09:12 PM

Nice car man.

My local dealer has a new 2017 Shelby F-150. Thing has over 700 HP!! Would be a sweet ride but at somewhere close to 100k.........I'll have to pass for now.

#11 OFFLINE   SRT8Driver

SRT8Driver

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 31,204

Posted Apr. 23 2017 - 12:44 PM

Great choice!

Signature:

Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

#12 OFFLINE   j-dub

j-dub

Zombie H-K

• Member ID: 5,140

Posted Apr. 24 2017 - 04:15 PM

500hp naturally aspirated muhahaha!!!

congrats.   like the color too, arrest me red :laugh:

Signature:

#13 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

Posted Apr. 24 2017 - 08:02 PM

She is a screaming demon and I don't mean the wife :tongue:

I wanted a Mustang, but just could not swing the price & the Charger is way easier to get into and out of with my jacked up back. It's even easer than getting in/out of the Challenger and that was a surprise...

Went past a Dodge dealer yesterday that must have had 8-10 Charger Scat Paks and about 6 Challengers along with the Daytona package and a couple other & saw 2 Charger and 2 Challenger Hellcats. They had a couple of the Charger's in the funky green and even one in the wicked purple......

What's the "red key" that's a new one.....

2nd gear launch eh, have not tried that.....played with a Shelby mustang who could not stop spinning the tires & took him by a ways, had a really sweet Corvette Z0z that was playing on the road & when he got the jump on us he walked away, but if we jumped at the same time, could keep up with him the majority of time. Then had a really funky Mercedes wanting to play, turned out to be a AMG/GT S coupe & that bad by priced out at 170k :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: according to the owner & he thought we had the Hellcat due to how the engine sounded....his car was so quiet you could not tell it was running, but when he did something with some switches and he got on it, dang it screamed...

Sounds like the Demon comes with a box with all the track parts & if you get one, Dodge sets pricing and the dealer can NOT jack it up...they are doing it this way on purpose to keep dealers from raping people....HOWEVER, the Demon is also speed rated at 149mph due to coming with drag radials, it might be able to take us in the short term, but we can walk away from it....not saying I've had the Charger that fast, but....rumor has it we have gone faster than the Demon's top speed.... :segrin: :segrin:

#14 OFFLINE   joep19934

joep19934

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 32,001

Posted Yesterday, 01:54 PM

Sweet Ride

#15 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

She is a screaming demon and I don't mean the wife :tongue:

I wanted a Mustang, but just could not swing the price & the Charger is way easier to get into and out of with my jacked up back. It's even easer than getting in/out of the Challenger and that was a surprise...

Went past a Dodge dealer yesterday that must have had 8-10 Charger Scat Paks and about 6 Challengers along with the Daytona package and a couple other & saw 2 Charger and 2 Challenger Hellcats. They had a couple of the Charger's in the funky green and even one in the wicked purple......

What's the "red key" that's a new one.....

2nd gear launch eh, have not tried that.....played with a Shelby mustang who could not stop spinning the tires & took him by a ways, had a really sweet Corvette Z0z that was playing on the road & when he got the jump on us he walked away, but if we jumped at the same time, could keep up with him the majority of time. Then had a really funky Mercedes wanting to play, turned out to be a AMG/GT S coupe & that bad by priced out at 170k :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: according to the owner & he thought we had the Hellcat due to how the engine sounded....his car was so quiet you could not tell it was running, but when he did something with some switches and he got on it, dang it screamed...

Sounds like the Demon comes with a box with all the track parts & if you get one, Dodge sets pricing and the dealer can NOT jack it up...they are doing it this way on purpose to keep dealers from raping people....HOWEVER, the Demon is also speed rated at 149mph due to coming with drag radials, it might be able to take us in the short term, but we can walk away from it....not saying I've had the Charger that fast, but....rumor has it we have gone faster than the Demon's top speed.... :segrin: :segrin:

Not unless you have got to 190mph plus. The 140mph limit is a setting in drag mode only. Anything faster than 135 on a 9.99 the NHRA will require alot more safety (full cage, fuel and electrical shut offs, certified harness, etc) and a drag racing license. The tracks have already been warned about the car and will be looking out for them going faster than 9.99.
No the dealer cannot raise the price of the car, they will charge you an extra fee. The Hell Cat had a 10,000 "availability" fee added by some dealers.
https://www.topspeed...n-ar175700.html

Edited by devil duck, Yesterday, 03:18 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

#17 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Member ID: 3,238

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

MoPar Rips!

efbe7e3de1519d1d6fe2ff267924a24a.jpg

• devil duck likes this

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher." - Frank Castle, 'The Punisher'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Years ago, my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart . . . I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd, 'Harvey'

#18 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

Posted Today, 01:41 PM

I was going by what the head of Dodge said on the video, something about the top speed of the Nitto drag radials (custom designed for the Demon) was the limiting factor and why the top speed was set where it was.

I'm sure it would break 200 out on the salt flats if they removed the limiter, but then again, so would the Scat Pack :laugh: :laugh:  And a Whipple supercharger is cheaper to put on the 6.4 than it is to buy a Hellcat or Demon :segrin: :segrin:

Not unless you have got to 190mph plus. The 140mph limit is a setting in drag mode only. Anything faster than 135 on a 9.99 the NHRA will require alot more safety (full cage, fuel and electrical shut offs, certified harness, etc) and a drag racing license. The tracks have already been warned about the car and will be looking out for them going faster than 9.99.
No the dealer cannot raise the price of the car, they will charge you an extra fee. The Hell Cat had a 10,000 "availability" fee added by some dealers.

#19 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Today, 02:18 PM

I was going by what the head of Dodge said on the video, something about the top speed of the Nitto drag radials (custom designed for the Demon) was the limiting factor and why the top speed was set where it was.

I'm sure it would break 200 out on the salt flats if they removed the limiter, but then again, so would the Scat Pack :laugh: :laugh:  And a Whipple supercharger is cheaper to put on the 6.4 than it is to buy a Hellcat or Demon :segrin: :segrin:

True, The show Detroit Muscle built a "Hell Cat beater" by installing twin turbos. The kit is pretty slick, from up top nothing really jumps out at you. But at a relatively low boost it produces over 1,000 rear wheel horse power.
Last month I received the Pro Charger catalog for Hemis. At only 7 lbs of boost it will give you an extra 200 plus rear wheel horse power and can support over 1,200 hp. That would probably be my choice, less issues than turbos and alot less plumbing.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center