AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

BEWARE Senate Bill 719 - ACTION NEEDED NOW!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 21,647

Posted Jul. 05 2017 - 09:24 AM

Senate Bill 719, Brian Boquist's gun confiscation bill, has been passed out of the House Rules Committee with NO public hearing and virtually NO notice. We expect this bill to be on the House floor on Wednesday.
This mean spirited and vindictive bill is designed to punish gun owners, pit family members against each other and promote conflict and hatred. All in the name of "compassion" of course.

If passed, this bill will allow a 
"family member," who may not have seen you in decades, to demand that your rights and your property be confiscated by the police. This "family member" need have no credentials in mental health.  The judge who imposes this order against you will be, at best, trained in law, NOT mental health. Remember, there are "judges" in Oregon who believe even cop's guns should be "put on a barge and dropped in the ocean."
The bill also allows any police officer to ask the court to take your rights and property.
Under SB 719, you won't even know there is a court order against you until the police arrive to confiscate your firearms. But it gets even worse.
Not only will they confiscate YOUR firearms, they will have to confiscate the firearms of every member of your household. Think that's crazy? They will also have to confiscate every single knife in your house.
What do you have to do to be subject to one of these confiscation orders?

Well, you and your whole household can lose the right to own kitchen knives because in the last 180 days you bought or "attempted to buy" a firearm or ammunition.
You DON'T have to have committed a crime. You DON'T have to be suicidal. You DON'T have to have hurt anyone. 
There is not one single word in the bill that seeks to get help for people who actually are in a mental health crisis. In fact, the Democrats on the committee refused to even discuss an amendment that would have addressed that. Make no mistake, this bill is an expression of pure hatred for gun owners. The fact that one of its sponsors, Senator Brian Boquist, is a Republican who has always courted gun owner's votes makes it all the more appalling.
Under this bill you can lose your gun rights if you have ever had a DUI. (Of course, you don't lose your car.)
If you contest the court's order, they may NOT consider any "mental health diagnosis."  So if a mental health professional has concluded you are not mentally ill, the court may not consider that!  The bill is the personification of insanity.
The proponents of this bill have blatantly lied about its purpose and its ramifications. 
We hate to interrupt the Independence Day celebration, but if we don't stop this awful bill, we will have taken another step down the road to serfdom. 
Even if you have taken action before, we need you to double down on your efforts to let the House members know how outrageous, counterproductive, and dangerous this bill is.
Please use this link to take action and reach all members of the Oregon House.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#2 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Jul. 05 2017 - 09:42 AM

I appreciate that you are on top of this and are getting the word out to your

Oregon brothers.   :thumb:

I have a hard time believing that this bill, if passed, would hold up to Judicial Scrutiny.

It may have to go up the food chain to get out of the Liberal Federal District there, 

but ultimately, without any due process, I just don't see this

law sticking around for long. This does not mean that every effort to prevent this

Bill for ever becoming law. 

It will be interesting to see that if the gun owners of Oregon really get active and 

flex their political muscle, if this Bill has a snowball's chance of passing,

so that there will be no need to worry about the Courts. 

With more violence and lone wolf terrorism being blamed on mental health problems

(since some of the murderers are coming from the Left), it was not hard to see this coming.

I railed against the VA handing out PTSD diagnoses like they were candy so the administrators 

could appear as if they were addressing the Troop's suicide and readjustment issues, I shudder to think where 

that is headed if the Liberals manage any amount of success with their back door 

BS mental health rationale for reducing gun ownership. 

You guys in Oregon are the tip of the spear right now on this mental health and gun ownership farce.

Go get 'em guys !

Good Luck !

Edited by Retcop, Jul. 05 2017 - 10:48 AM.

• Flesh Wound likes this

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#3 OFFLINE   Rico 05R

Rico 05R

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 31,968

Posted Jul. 05 2017 - 10:42 AM

Seems like another liberal attempt to circumvent the Second Amendment. I agree with Retcop, I doubt this would ultimately stand as being Constitutional..

Signature:

I Am The Shadow That Calls To Your Soul 

#4 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jul. 05 2017 - 10:57 AM

I agree it might not stand but some poor soul is going to have his life turned upside down while going through the courts. This could possibly be the worst bill ever written.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#5 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,238

Posted Jul. 05 2017 - 02:25 PM

That right there is the 'true intent' of gun-control.  Once again, it has nothing to do with crime, or criminals.  It gives third-party, hostile relatives, and un-elected bureaucrats domain over your rights.  With confiscation being the ultimate goal.  Just more liberal communism.

• devil duck likes this

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Years ago, my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart . . . I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd, 'Harvey'

#6 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Jul. 07 2017 - 09:17 AM

From OFF (Oregon Fiorearms Federation:  BAD NEWS...

Boquist Gun Confiscation Bill Passes
Today the Oregon House approved one of the most dangerous, hateful and mean spirited pieces of legislation ever introduced.
SB 719 A, the product of Republican Senator Brian Boquist's collusion with the most militant anti-gunners in the legislature, will now allow the police to come to your home and confiscate your firearms and "deadly weapons" with no accusation or conviction of a crime.
There is NO question this bill will cost people's lives.
Now a vindictive family or household member has the power to have your rights and property stolen from you simply because they chose to make an accusation against you.
"Dangerous" people will not be taken into custody.  Self destructive people will receive no help.
The people who passed SB 719A know this. They don't care about people's well being. They only care about seizing as many firearms as possible.

This is truly a disgraceful day in Oregon's history.
Every Republican member of the House voted against this travesty. The only Democrats to vote against it were Brad Witt, Jeff Barker and Brian Clem. Debra Boone was absent.
The bill now goes to the Governor for her certain signature.

#7 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Member ID: 25,426

Posted Jul. 07 2017 - 09:41 AM

From OFF (Oregon Fiorearms Federation:  BAD NEWS...

Boquist Gun Confiscation Bill Passes
Today the Oregon House approved one of the most dangerous, hateful and mean spirited pieces of legislation ever introduced.
SB 719 A, the product of Republican Senator Brian Boquist's collusion with the most militant anti-gunners in the legislature, will now allow the police to come to your home and confiscate your firearms and "deadly weapons" with no accusation or conviction of a crime.
There is NO question this bill will cost people's lives.
Now a vindictive family or household member has the power to have your rights and property stolen from you simply because they chose to make an accusation against you.
"Dangerous" people will not be taken into custody.  Self destructive people will receive no help.
The people who passed SB 719A know this. They don't care about people's well being. They only care about seizing as many firearms as possible.

This is truly a disgraceful day in Oregon's history.
Every Republican member of the House voted against this travesty. The only Democrats to vote against it were Brad Witt, Jeff Barker and Brian Clem. Debra Boone was absent.
The bill now goes to the Governor for her certain signature.

Louisiana nipped this shat in the bud after police were going door to door confiscating guns immediately following Katrina.  

Signature:

Lighten up Francis!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
A
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Jul. 07 2017 - 10:02 AM

Louisiana nipped this shat in the bud after police were going door to door confiscating guns immediately following Katrina.  

Hopefully there will be some kind of preemptive lawsuit to declare it unconstitutional.  Seems to deny due process, among other things to me.

#9 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jul. 07 2017 - 06:18 PM

Holy crap, they actually did it, they passed what potentially could be one of the most intrusive gun control bills ever written.
Wow, it would seem that Oregon is about to become California lite.

#10 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Jul. 07 2017 - 06:22 PM

I think Oregon has a democrap super-majority in both houses and the governorship.  They can do whatever they want until challenged in court and tossed out as unconstitutional.

They also passed a tax on health insurance this session.  Demoncraps at their best.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center