• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 17,136

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 10:34 AM

http://www.cabelas.c...earch=lead+sled

Not a bad price, I had to pick one up on this sale so I can keep from borrowing my father in laws all the time when sighting in bigger bores.  

#2 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 17,756

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 10:54 AM

That's a great price on one of those!

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#3 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 11:22 AM

Great price, I probably need to get one but being slight masochistic when (in shooting firearms, not the humiliation side of it) shooting thumpers it would take away the "fun"
Something about the anticipation of knowing that your shoulder is about to scream the moment you squeeze that trigger gets the heart pumping. Now admittedly that "fun" can diminish pretty quick when trying to sight in a 45/70 or my lightweight 300wsm. I went through a box of 180gr and was done for awhile.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#4 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 17,136

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 11:26 AM

Great price, I probably need to get one but being slight masochistic when (in shooting firearms, not the humiliation side of it) shooting thumpers it would take away the "fun"
Something about the anticipation of knowing that your shoulder is about to scream the moment you squeeze that trigger gets the heart pumping. Now admittedly that "fun" can diminish pretty quick when trying to sight in a 45/70 or my lightweight 300wsm. I went through a box of 180gr and was done for awhile.

I love to shoot thumpers for fun, but these are are handy when you want to get the optics on those thumpers zeroed like you said...or testing handloads when you have lots and lots to test.

These things were essential for my .45-70 load development.  

#5 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 11:38 AM

I love to shoot thumpers for fun, but these are are handy when you want to get the optics on those thumpers zeroed like you said...or testing handloads when you have lots and lots to test.

These things were essential for my .45-70 load development.

Lol, 45/70 load development, essential could be an understatement. You should have seen me attempting to adjust the sights on my single shot 10ga. After only 7 shots with 3 1/2" mag slugs I started to develop a slight flinch. I was seated at a bench trying to shoot out to 100 yards without a rest.
Lol, I need to order one of those!

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center