AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

State of STUPIDITY " Oregon " Weed too Heroin !!!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 6,707

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 05:55 PM

Yes the State of Oregon has gone from Weed too Heroin !. Really do you think this is gonna make it all OK !.

The citizens of  SEVERAL States ,would be far better off  if their legislators  could retroactively be aborted !!!...

http://www.breitbart...-a-misdemeanor/

A bill that would reduce drug felonies to misdemeanors for first-time possessions of small amounts of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and other hard drugs passed through the Oregon state legislature on Thursday and is likely to be signed into law by Governor Kate Brown.

House Bill 2355 which reduces convictions for first-time possessions of such illicit drugs passed through the state’s house of representatives by 36-23 on July 4. The state senate voted in favor of it by 20-9.

The bill’s proponents argued that it was the most effective way of addressing growing drug abuse in the state.

Signature:

#2 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 06:08 PM

The bills proponents argued that it was the most effective way of addressing growing drug abuse in the state.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly, "most effective way of addressing growing drug abuse" is to LESSEN the penalty for being in possession of hard drugs and basically give the offender a pass.
Now I'm just a simple man so all the smart people here need to help me.
If I know that if I get caught with drugs and nothing will happen to me, what's my incentive to NOT have said drugs on me? That by reducing the penalty will encourage me TOO NOT DO DRUGS, it this the thinking?

Edited by devil duck, Jul. 17 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#3 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 23,008

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 06:10 PM

Evil is as evil does. The people of Oregon need to be retrained in just how to vote so they get good government.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

I am an analog guy in a digital world! KISS!!!

"The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies." Anita Blake

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1 (see also Psalms 18:34 and 2 Samuel 22:35)

"Great armies and navies are always tempted to fight the last war...Truly fearsome militaries prepare to fight the next war." Thomas & Barry, 2008

"It matters not that a man dies, for all men die. What matters is just what the man died for."

#4 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Member ID: 6,707

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 07:06 PM

Let me make sure I understand this correctly, "most effective way of addressing growing drug abuse" is to LESSEN the penalty for being in possession of hard drugs and basically give the offender a pass.
Now I'm just a simple man so all the smart people here need to help me.
If I know that if I get caught with drugs and nothing will happen to me, what's my incentive to NOT have said drugs on me? That by reducing the penalty will encourage me TOO NOT DO DRUGS, it this the thinking?

An here I am with a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry  and don't know any better either !.  However I'm certain" Reducing Penalties" ISN'T the answer nor is treating people !. ( Take a page out of Europe or England's  hopeless heroin addicts " Treatment  Programs " !!!...

Evil is as evil does. The people of Oregon need to be retrained in just how to vote so they get good government.

I'm certain that can NEVER happen as too many California LUNACY cases , have moved northward into liberalville central and are infecting the waters !!!... 

Edited by BushXM15, Jul. 17 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#5 ONLINE   Variable

Variable

• Member ID: 32,006

Posted Jul. 17 2017 - 07:16 PM

Oregon will become a junkie magnet.

#6 ONLINE   alwyschmbrd

alwyschmbrd

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 31,330

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 01:15 AM

:doh:

Signature:

"Be Safe"

#7 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 13,758

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 01:34 AM

The problem with the "racial profiling fix" is that it won't work. Cops will still arrest criminals and a greater than demographic percentage will be black. There used to be a law like that here. What it resulted in was cops recording the details on every contact they made. They still arrested the criminals and life went on. 

It isn't racial profiling, it is criminal profiling. People aren't being arrested based on their race but because they have committed a crime.

Decriminalizing won't fix the problem, just make it worse.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#8 ONLINE   Variable

Variable

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 02:14 AM

They're gonna have dirty needles everywhere as the junkies pour in:

http://www.zerohedge...ground-syringes

Seriously, if one was a junkie, wouldn't they go to a place where they won't get arrested? Jail interrupts their constant highs. There was a sequence of photos in "faces of meth" where some girl appears to improve her appearance. That was due to her being incarcerated. As soon as she was out of jail, the downward spiral resumed.

If it was just Portland, well no big deal. But this will ruin the whole state. Dumb idea. Dumb dumb dumb.

#9 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

• Member ID: 30,977

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 03:39 AM

In my opinion it has nothing to do with deterrence or helping the addict.  Its all about keeping the prison population down. The State doesnt want to deal with a bunch of addicts in jail.

#10 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 05:52 AM

This is going to have the efffect on the LEO of "why bother".

It will also make the job of people like me who are now working a different part of the

Criminal just system. We will loose the leverage to get these people throught the treatment they need. 

In most States, a misdemeanor is a max of 364 days in the County Jail. 

If the cops still even make the arrests, I hope Oregon has big county jails.

Their is a countervailing point here also. Many first time offenders get probation without judgement if they finish treatment

and stay clean, and we can monitor them longer when charged with a felony.

This will take the Court's discretion away of how to sentence the true neophyte and the hard core criminal.

An SA can always reduce a felony to a misdemeanor if the situation calls for it. 

Junkie magnet is right.

I'm going to order some  "Visit Oregon" travel brochures and put them all over the Office.

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#11 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 06:05 AM

Less jail time means more dead junkies.  The medical insurance companies have been out to kill rehab centers for years now just like they did mental health facilities. 

#12 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 06:08 AM

Less jail time means more dead junkies.  The medical insurance companies have been out to kill rehab centers for years now just like they did mental health facilities. 

Another grand conspiracy from the evil corporations ?

Better just let Obamacare take care of it. 

It we let the market work, it will adjust to demand.  

#13 OFFLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Member ID: 417

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 06:55 AM

I just tried to read the bill.  It seems like it reduces penalties for first time offenders if they have prescriptions for certain drugs form their doctors.

This is what I've learned from the legislature. It doesn't sound like that the OP quotes Breitbart, which as we all know , doesn't really like to present the facts without fear.

EFFECT OF AMENDMENT:
Modifies circumstances under which possession of a controlled substance is classified as a felony. Makes possession
a felony if the defendant possesses a usable quantity of a controlled substance and one of four factors is present: 1)
The defendant has a prior felony conviction of any kind; 2) The defendant has two or more prior convictions for
possessing a usable quantity of a controlled substance; 3) The offense is a commercial drug offense; or 4) The
defendant possesses more than a specified amount of certain controlled substances. Applies earned discharge to
misdemeanor possession crimes and requires that these crimes be prosecuted in circuit court. Directs CJC to study
effect of reduction in possession penalties on criminal justice system, rates of recidivism and composition of
convicted offenders. Requires law enforcement agency to submit to Law Enforcement Contacts Policy and Data
Review Committee annual report summarizing profiling complaints and their disposition. Directs Department of State
Police to develop standardized profiling complaint form. Reduces maximum length of Class A misdemeanor offense
to 364 days.

BACKGROUND:
Currently, possession of certain controlled substances is classified as a felony and carries with it a number of
collateral consequences, including those that may affect employment, housing, jury service and the ability to possess
a firearm. House Bill 2355-A punishes possession of these controlled substances as a Class A misdemeanor but
retains the felony punishment if the defendant possesses a usable quantity of a controlled substance and one of four
factors is present: 1) The defendant has a prior felony conviction of any kind; 2) The defendant has two or more prior
convictions for possessing a usable quantity of a controlled substance; 3) The offense is a commercial drug offense;
or 4) The defendant possesses more than a specified amount of certain controlled substances. A person convicted of
a Class A misdemeanor may be sentenced to probation, up to one year's imprisonment, a fine of up to $6,250 or a
combination of these punishments. HB 2355-A retains authority under several existing statutes to allow the district
attorney, the court or both working together, to reduce certain possession crimes from a felony to a misdemeanor or
to offer a conditional discharge. See ORS 161.570; 161.705; 475.245. HB 2355-A also continues to apply earned
discharge to these possession crimes and continues to require that they be prosecuted in circuit court. It requires the
CJC to study the effect of the reduction in these possession penalties.

Signature:

Wag more. Bark less.

So many guns, so little time.

#14 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 06:58 AM

I just tried to read the bill.  This is what I've learned from the legislature. It doesn't sound like that the OP quotes Breitbart, which as we all know , doesn't really like to present the facts without fear.

EFFECT OF AMENDMENT:
Modifies circumstances under which possession of a controlled substance is classified as a felony. Makes possession
a felony if the defendant possesses a usable quantity of a controlled substance and one of four factors is present: 1)
The defendant has a prior felony conviction of any kind; 2) The defendant has two or more prior convictions for
possessing a usable quantity of a controlled substance; 3) The offense is a commercial drug offense; or 4) The
defendant possesses more than a specified amount of certain controlled substances. Applies earned discharge to
misdemeanor possession crimes and requires that these crimes be prosecuted in circuit court. Directs CJC to study
effect of reduction in possession penalties on criminal justice system, rates of recidivism and composition of
convicted offenders. Requires law enforcement agency to submit to Law Enforcement Contacts Policy and Data
Review Committee annual report summarizing profiling complaints and their disposition. Directs Department of State
Police to develop standardized profiling complaint form. Reduces maximum length of Class A misdemeanor offense
to 364 days.

BACKGROUND:
Currently, possession of certain controlled substances is classified as a felony and carries with it a number of
collateral consequences, including those that may affect employment, housing, jury service and the ability to possess
a firearm. House Bill 2355-A punishes possession of these controlled substances as a Class A misdemeanor but
retains the felony punishment if the defendant possesses a usable quantity of a controlled substance and one of four
factors is present: 1) The defendant has a prior felony conviction of any kind; 2) The defendant has two or more prior
convictions for possessing a usable quantity of a controlled substance; 3) The offense is a commercial drug offense;
or 4) The defendant possesses more than a specified amount of certain controlled substances. A person convicted of
a Class A misdemeanor may be sentenced to probation, up to one year's imprisonment, a fine of up to $6,250 or a
combination of these punishments. HB 2355-A retains authority under several existing statutes to allow the district
attorney, the court or both working together, to reduce certain possession crimes from a felony to a misdemeanor or
to offer a conditional discharge. See ORS 161.570; 161.705; 475.245. HB 2355-A also continues to apply earned
discharge to these possession crimes and continues to require that they be prosecuted in circuit court. It requires the
CJC to study the effect of the reduction in these possession penalties.

Many thanks, Sir G !   A very valuable service !

Do you have the lawyer case law search software too ? 

#15 OFFLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Member ID: 417

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 09:23 AM

Many thanks, Sir G !   A very valuable service !

Do you have the lawyer case law search software too ? 

Just for Florida.

#16 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

Contributor

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 12:21 PM

Another grand conspiracy from the evil corporations ?

Better just let Obamacare take care of it. 

It we let the market work, it will adjust to demand.  

Corporations?  Nope.  We had mental institutions and rehab centers before the government got involved.  Its been managed healthcare the root of that devil from the get go. 

Its the nature of any company to make money.  The entire concept of managed healthcare then and is in denial not what's permitted. 

When we all die in hospice in need of a bypass,we can all go "Thank goodness slut girl can get $8 month birth control pills through her $1,000 amonth insurance."

Tj

#17 ONLINE   Variable

Variable

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 01:03 PM

Corporations?  Nope.  We had mental institutions and rehab centers before the government got involved.  Its been managed healthcare the root of that devil from the get go. 

Its the nature of any company to make money.  The entire concept of managed healthcare then and is in denial not what's permitted. 

When we all die in hospice in need of a bypass,we can all go "Thank goodness slut girl can get $8 month birth control pills through her $1,000 amonth insurance."

Tj

Won't need hospice in DC, they just voted in the express lane to oblivion:

http://wtop.com/dc/2...th-dignity-act/

BTW, for those following the Charlie Gard story (infant that UK government wants to pull the plug on, and refuses to let his parents bring him to the US for experimental treatment), turns out the government-appointed lawyer for the family is also a death with dignity advocate. Conflict of interest? Just a bit.

http://www.dailymail...right-kill.html

Doc from US who wants to treat him

http://www.dailymail...s-flew-him.html

UK death panels are a reality.

#18 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

Contributor

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 01:24 PM

They are here, they just use better marketing.  Turn 80 and try to get a colonoscopy? 

#19 ONLINE   Variable

Variable

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 01:39 PM

They are here, they just use better marketing.  Turn 80 and try to get a colonoscopy? 

Health insurers pinch pennies like crazy, but the C-level exec salaries are out of sight. They try to kick you out of the hospital the next day after major surgery. It's nuts. Health care providers hate how bad it's gotten.

Not sure what's going to happen if they vote to repeal KenyanCare with nothing to replace it. I expect chaos.

#20 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Jul. 18 2017 - 06:34 PM

One of the major changes is "usable quantity". That is going to screw us, and hard. Many of the arrests have been residue arrests. Our junkies will be able to argue "usable quantity", and the further gone they are, the more it will take to get them high, meaning more that it will take to make it a "usable quantity". 

It's going to virtually eliminate user arrests. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center