• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jul. 24 2017 - 01:10 AM

http://www.kimberame...om/super-jagare
This is their new Super Jagare 6" hunter/target 1911 with a Delta point pro sight. This sucker is nice. For the money it should be but 6" custom shooters don't come cheap.

This is their new 5" Camp Guard 10. This one is pretty slick also.
http://www.kimberame....com/camp-guard

Every 1911 I own is in 45acp and I own a few Kimbers. My normal carry is a Kimber CDP. But reading everything y'all have posted about the 10mm has got me thinking that maybe it's about time to sip the Kool Aid.
Yes I know you can buy cheaper 10mm but that's just not me, I like what I like I guess.

Edited by devil duck, Jul. 24 2017 - 01:13 AM.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#2 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Jul. 24 2017 - 05:37 AM

http://www.kimberame...om/super-jagare
This is their new Super Jagare 6" hunter/target 1911 with a Delta point pro sight. This sucker is nice. For the money it should be but 6" custom shooters don't come cheap.

This is their new 5" Camp Guard 10. This one is pretty slick also.
http://www.kimberame....com/camp-guard

Every 1911 I own is in 45acp and I own a few Kimbers. My normal carry is a Kimber CDP. But reading everything y'all have posted about the 10mm has got me thinking that maybe it's about time to sip the Kool Aid.
Yes I know you can buy cheaper 10mm but that's just not me, I like what I like I guess.

I have been wanting a 10mm, but fat chance.

I actually prefer the Camp Guard. Not sure about those grips, though, they

look like they would be pretty hard on the hands....but I would get over it. 

• devil duck likes this

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#3 ONLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Member ID: 25,426

Posted Jul. 24 2017 - 06:21 AM

I have zero desire to own a 10, but I sure start to drool whenever I see a Kimber.  

• devil duck likes this

Signature:

Lighten up Francis!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
A
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg

#4 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Jul. 24 2017 - 09:57 PM

I have zero desire to own a 10, but I sure start to drool whenever I see a Kimber.

I love my Kimbers. The 10mm is still up in the air. It just seems odd to own a 1911 that is not a 45.

#5 ONLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Member ID: 25,426

Posted Jul. 24 2017 - 10:06 PM

I love my Kimbers. The 10mm is still up in the air. It just seems odd to own a 1911 that is not a 45.

Yep.
  • devil duck likes this

#6 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,238

Posted Jul. 26 2017 - 02:42 PM

I have been wanting a 10mm, but fat chance.

I actually prefer the Camp Guard. Not sure about those grips, though, they

look like they would be pretty hard on the hands....but I would get over it. 

Retcop, grip makers like VZ, and Lok make a host of replacements for C-Bobs.  

• devil duck likes this

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Years ago, my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart . . . I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd, 'Harvey'

#7 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 26 2017 - 02:53 PM

I'm not trying to sway you one way, or the other; but the 10mm is something you need to experience on the 1911 platform.  Your getting up to .41 Magnum performance with certain loads, or can be downloaded to high .40 S&W ++P.  It's like 'forbidden fruit'; one bite, and your a goner!  I personally, own two Kimbers, and like them:  one's in .45 ACP the other is 10mm.  After seeing Hickok 45 review, on the relatively new Kimber .357 pistol, I want one those too.  I'm not afraid to spend money on something I really want, and like.  But I understand some folks can't, or won't do it.  

"Try-out the 1911 in 10mm, you might-like what you find, Devil!"

tve3434-13-267.jpg

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, Jul. 26 2017 - 02:55 PM.

• devil duck likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 02:05 AM

Retcop, grip makers like VZ, and Lok make a host of replacements for C-Bobs.  

Thanks for the info, Zephyr. Maybe I should try a set for my Kimber Pro Carry ?

I have the Kimber black "rubber" grips on the pistol, and they are supposed to sell me a set of Kimber classic double diamond wood grips for 40 bucks,

as part of the offer that came with the pistol when I bought it new. The Kimber was a good investment. It is in excellent shape, and the price they want today for the same model

is much higher than what I paid for it. 

For some time I have been considering getting a 9MM barrel for my G 23 so the wife could have it as a house gun. 

The bit of extra weight of the 9mm barrel should make it even easier to shoot, it has a new (er) set of Trijicons on it,

and I already picked up some 9mm Glock 19 magazines, including a couple of 32 rounders. 

That way I could do EDC with the Kimber. It has the aluminum frame (gasp ! not steel)  so it only weighs a couple of ounces more

than the G23 empty. I carried a cocked and locked Hi-Power for years, but after decades with mostly striker fired pistols, I will have to retrain  It should be actually easier to conceal and possibly lighter loaded. I experimented with some high quality mags, and found I actually 

preferred the Kimber Pro Tac magazines. Built like vaults, they are flawless with 8 rounds, can be run with no bumper, or a thinner "carry" bumper and a thicker range bumper comes with it, and they screw into the baseplate so they are going to stay on without no wobbles. The 3 Wilsons I bought got sold to a friend. They worked with the 8 rounds fine, but did not fit flush in the gun. There was a thin strip of the mag's stainless steel visible with the  Wilsons that could be see from the outside all around in between the magwell and the mag baseplate. I could not handle the way it looked. 

When on the range, I always run a hot gun until I am done, so those rubber mag bumpers are important to me. So is the fact that I can exchange or remove them without having to take the magazine apart. Kimber did some thinking when they designed these mags, IMO.  Running a hot gun  means after the last round the mag gets released to the ground as I do a speed reload.

If I am out of magazines on my belt, or it is time to stand down, I will still drop the magazine and go through the motions of loading a fresh mag from my belt, and drop the slide, do my threat assessment and scan, and then make safe. 

Call me crazy, but IMHO, not keeping a  "hot gun" is one of the most common training scars we impose on ourselves,

and one with potentially some of the most serious consequences.  If you are gently removing the magazines, setting them down or putting them in your pocket, and then leisurely placing another magazine home from your belt or a table as you study your last group target, and do it often enough, I assure you the proper muscle memory is not going to kick in when the adrenaline is pumping, your heart is racing and your vision is narrowing because someone is trying to kill you and you must fight.

You should  always draw you EDC pistol, whether it is live or dry fire, from the usual ways it is concealed.

Sorry (not really :laugh: ) for the detour, but the double set of bumbers on the Kimber mag made me think of it. We have  a lot of new members (WAY cool) and it is hard to pass up an opportunity to relate a practical self defense training tip. Doing dry fire draws from the holster as it is normally concealed are an easy and cost free way to easily turn practice into muscle memory, Train how you fight, to the best your circumstance allows.. If your range does not allow it, find a different place to shoot.

It is that important, IMHO

Just remember to always have a safe backstop with which to dry fire the pistol from the draw,

and get every bit of ammunition and loaded nags out of the room.

Dummy rounds are cheap, and great for simulating malfunctions, especially during live fire at the range. 

Cheers,

John.

BTW:  I would love to see more activity on the training threads.

While we all can't afford expensive high speed low drag combat pistol 

training, it is not hard to do the drills that will make you exponentially better 

than the occasional trip to the range to punch paper. It is always good to have a combat pistol-centered shooter or 2 as friends.

Ex and current cops with extensive sidearm training, and who also are or may have been Firearms Instructors

are not hard to find . They do need to know you are a standup guy, so an introduction

from a mutual friend is an essential plus.   Bringing Egg-a-muffins and coffee for those early morning trips to the range is a nice touch,   :)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Zephyr One/Zero and devil duck like this

#9 OFFLINE   The_Shadow

The_Shadow

• Group:10mm Staff
  • Member ID: 10,723

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 08:47 AM

One of the older members here (Taos Glock) used to have the Kimber chambered in 10mm and it seemed to do quite well with some of the upper end 10mm loadings.

Recent 10mm 1911 offerings from Remington and Ruger have added to the numbers with good reviews.

Signature:
The
SHADOW

The "10mm" I'm Packin', Has The Bullets Wackin', Smakin' & The Slide is Rackin' & Jackin'!
NRA Life Member
Southeast, LoUiSiAna

#10 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Member ID: 17,136

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 05:20 PM

This is my (now my wifes) 10mm eclipse, and it shoots the heavy stuff just fine, though the recoil is a bit stiff.  I am sure these new ones will work just fine.  

4525238718_aae92bd9e8_b.jpg

I also like shooting my sig 1911 tacops in 10mm that I just got, which I got to add to the collection after my wife claimed this Kimber has hers.  

I no longer own a 1911 in .45 though, and it doesn't bother me at all.  I would much rather shoot the atomic centimeter than the .45 

#11 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 05:27 PM

One of the older members here (Taos Glock) used to have the Kimber chambered in 10mm and it seemed to do quite well with some of the upper end 10mm loadings.

Recent 10mm 1911 offerings from Remington and Ruger have added to the numbers with good reviews.

Yep, I remember Shadow; that TG used to run 180-gr. Double Tap in his Kimber.  

• devil duck likes this

#12 ONLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Member ID: 21,647

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 05:40 PM

Thats pretty much the way I feel about it too.

• devil duck likes this

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#13 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 06:22 PM

This is my (now my wifes) 10mm eclipse, and it shoots the heavy stuff just fine, though the recoil is a bit stiff.  I am sure these new ones will work just fine.  

I also like shooting my sig 1911 tacops in 10mm that I just got, which I got to add to the collection after my wife claimed this Kimber has hers.  

I no longer own a 1911 in .45 though, and it doesn't bother me at all.  I would much rather shoot the atomic centimeter than the .45 

An acquaintance from work had a 10mm Eclipse, it was a very nice pistol to shoot.  The difference between it, and my Target II were mainly the BoMar-type sights.  Both pistols were exceptional, and accurate. 

• devil duck likes this

#14 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 417

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 06:28 PM

That Camp Guard is cool!  My Kimber Stainless II 10mm is a blast to shoot. It's what got me started on10's.

Signature:

Wag more. Bark less.

So many guns, so little time.

#15 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 07:38 PM

That Camp Guard is cool!  My Kimber Stainless II 10mm is a blast to shoot. It's what got me started on10's.

I bought my Target II, after buying a S&W 610 revolver.  Still have the Kimber, and added the Dan Wesson Razorback shortly there after.  10mm is an awesome round, but maybe not for everybody.

• devil duck likes this

#16 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 07:45 PM

I bought my Target II, after buying a S&W 610 revolver.  Still have the Kimber, and added the Dan Wesson Razorback shortly there after.  10mm is an awesome round, but maybe not for everybody.

I'd love the revolver. I have the Kimber, a GLock, and a first gen Delta Elite.  I'd like a DW, and a RIA.  And a Smith.

#17 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 07:50 PM

If I do end up going to the dark side, that Camp Guard is a beauty. I would definitely like to add the Smith 610 to my collection. Lol, no 1911 debate with that.

#18 ONLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 07:52 PM

4525238718_aae92bd9e8_b.jpg

That Eclipse is absolutely gorgeous.
But no 1911 in 45, you need to fix that by the weekend, how could you sir?
  • adamr19745 likes this

#19 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 08:04 PM

If I do end up going to the dark side, that Camp Guard is a beauty. I would definitely like to add the Smith 610 to my collection. Lol, no 1911 debate with that.

I didn't even know 10's existed until I joined here.  They are great. You should definitely get one tonight.

#20 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 27 2017 - 11:31 PM

I have one 1911 in .45 ACP, it's also a Kimber Gold Match.  It goes great with my S&W 625, also in .45 ACP.  I usually run .45 Supers through the wheel-gun.  Both are great!  I'm exploring the .38 Super cartridge on a 1911 platform as a carry-option.

rY3d9uOl.jpg

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center