• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 26,245

Posted Jul. 29 2017 - 07:51 PM

I attended this short training/practice session for rifles at KR Training in Lincoln, TX today.

https://krtraining.com/

The intention of this class is as the title suggests. Building your skills with a rifle.

Essentially this was a structured practice session. Many of the drills were the same as used in KR's Defensive Long Gun Essentials class I attended in April of 2014 (Holy crap! 3 years ago!  :blink: )

This session revolved around making solid hits with your rifle on various targets of different shapes and sizes at increasing distances. The drills began slow and increased in tempo while decreasing in the time on the shot timer. The targets ranged in size from 3" to approximately 6" with varying shapes and colors. There was also work done from behind barricades. 

Following those drills we got to shoot at some steel plates of varying size at a distance of 50 yards. Shooting the steel was good fun and a great end to the day at KR.

This was a fun practice session even with the temperatures over 100F. I was fortunate enough that my rifle was just doing it's job well and getting good hits. I did have some issues regarding some of my disabilities as well as getting the gun up from ready to good sight alignment as I was shooting open sights on a 20" AR rifle. This is an area I need to without question work on.

As with every other class I've taken at KR, Karl, the owner, was professional, helpful, knowledgable and just dang nice to train with.

Signature:

Flesh Wound

Blessed are the peacekeepers.

flag.jpg

Truth is like a lion. You do not have to defend it.

Let it free. It will defend it's self.

#2 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted Jul. 29 2017 - 07:59 PM

Sounds like a good day!

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#3 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 26,245

Posted Jul. 29 2017 - 08:22 PM

Sounds like a good day!

It was a good day. I also posted a short AAR for the "small gun" class I took earlier in the day. It was hot in central Texas today. Even with pretty much baking my out of shape self this was good stuff. 

#4 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted Jul. 29 2017 - 08:29 PM

I'm doing a Sims active shooter class on Thursday this week.....going to be 110.....And I have to pad up heavy .....lots of water and hopes they have some AC in the building we will be shooting in.

#5 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

• Group:Armory Staff
  • Member ID: 7,056

Posted Jul. 29 2017 - 09:17 PM

Sounds like a good day on the range. Nothing like some quality directed practice to resharpen your skills.

Greg

Signature:
The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center