Just empty every pocket

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kobelup

kobelup

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 27,579

Posted Aug. 10 2017 - 04:07 PM

As some of you have seen and read I have had a few issues with my Jeep. Although most are my fault in choosing parts, and found out the people who put this parts on.

From the time the lift was put on until a week ago I had always heard this chatter coming from passenger side front shock. Only on pot hole roads and most of the downtown plaza. Hahaha
Also after Jeep fest I had noticed a weird steering feel. Best way to describe the feeling was. If your riding a motorcycle and have a flat spot on the tire and you go into a corner.
So I took my Jeep in for new shocks cause the old ones started leaking. New shocks are awesome. And while I was crawling around under my Jeep admiring the view I saw my tie rod end bushing was torn. So I went to specialty Jeep and 45 bucks later new tie rod end installed. Also had to get an alignment. Steering wheel weird feel gone. And for got to mention the shocks stopped the weird chatter sound. Now both of those problems came from the tire shop that did the install of the lift kit. I think from now on I will just let them do tires and let Jeep shop do Jeep stuff.
Well last issue I hope. I think I need to have the balancing beads removed from my tires and regular weights put on. I have a vibration at 75 miles an hour. Now I know I have a lifted Jeep and big tires, but I can't think that this is normal.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#2 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 21,647

Posted Aug. 10 2017 - 04:38 PM

Trade it in for a truck.  Sorry, couldnt resist the segue.  Hope you get everything working to your satisfaction.

• kobelup likes this

Signature:
“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

#3 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

• Member ID: 750

Posted Aug. 10 2017 - 08:40 PM

Hummmmmmm, sounds like the truck :tap: :tap:

Strange steering feel, strange vibration at highway speeds....strange noises here and there....

Had it's 1st service since purchasing it new.....3 of the Fuel rims are chipped/nicked as is one of the BFG/K02's sidewall....and some of the bodywork has branch/tree rub marks on it......

My solution....stay on pavement and have a boring life :segrin: :segrin: :segrin:

Signature:
In the end we're all just chalk lines on concrete only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that I'm not.

#4 OFFLINE   kobelup

kobelup

• Member ID: 27,579

Posted Aug. 13 2017 - 03:13 PM

Going in for a balancing Wednesday. Won't make the mistake on cheap parts again. After talking to another tire guy he said balancing beads don't always work. He said on rare occasions they work better then weights. He uses beads on semi tires but only non steering tires.
I guess I'll find out. Almost got my issues figured out, but I can become obsessed with something and that can be very bad. Other people may not even notice it but I will and it will drive me up the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted Aug. 13 2017 - 03:51 PM

Some times just swapping the tire around will fix the issue. I had to swap my left front back with the rear to get the shake out of my front end. Just the way the weights are on that one tire and wheel it wobbled at 55. I know the tire shop had trouble balancing that tire. I should have insisted they try a different tire. Next time I will have them balance the bare wheel first just to prove it's a bad tire.

• Rampy and kobelup like this

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center