#1 OFFLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 26,245

Posted Aug. 11 2017 - 11:05 AM

Tom Givens of Rangemaster Training posted this to his Yahoo Group today:

Memphis Homicides So Far in 2017

I just went through a detailed report on the homicides reported in my old stomping grounds in Memphis. From January 1, 2017, until August 9, 2017, there were a total of 122 homicides in the city. None of these involved police action, but 2 were ruled justifiable homicides by private citizens.

In these cases, the weapons used were guns in 98 cases; knives in 9 cases; and other or unknown in 12 cases. Arrests were only made in 42 of the cases, a clearance rate of 34%.  Arrests were most common when the motive listed was “domestic” or “argument”. When the motive was “robbery” or “unknown” there was rarely an arrest made. This reflects the difficulty in solving “stranger” murders, in which the victim and the offender are not known to each other. These are most often street robberies and car-jacking incidents.

The break-down of motives listed was as follows:

Unknown-        91 cases  (usually a robbery or attempted robbery)

Argument-       11 cases

Robbery-         10 cases  (in these the motive was evident)

Domestic-         8  cases

Gang related-   1  case.

Thus, “Robbery” and “Unknown” accounted for 83% of the homicides.  This completely debunks the narrative that most murders are domestics or gang related. They are certainly not. Note that only 1 case was determined to be “gang related”. This shows that by far the greatest threat is from a robbery or unknown (usually turns out to be a robbery or attempted robbery in some form).  These are crimes that are committed in public places, such as convenience stores, shopping centers, and office parking lots. Be vigilant, and carry your gear.

As Mr. Givens has said multiple times as well as in the class I took with him: "carry your damn gun!"

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.

flag.jpg

Peace Is A Dream Only Achieved When Good Men
Are Willing To Commit Great Violence Upon Evil Men.

#2 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Aug. 11 2017 - 12:45 PM

Just a couple FYIs. 

Gang related is typically referred to as Gang on Gang crime where Gang plays a major role in the motive.  It doesn't mean all those 91 unsolved robberies or argument cases the criminal didn't belong to a gang.  Unless they got a tattoo, its not like they wear colors or have a club registration.  That's why you see known gang member a lot in coverage.  

80% of the total violent crime in TN is attributed to Memphis.  Other than New Orleans where the criminals prey on tourists, I know of no city in the US that has so much stranger on stranger crime.  Most cities like Chicago, their crime is centralized to say a part of town.  Memphis is one of those cities the criminals commute.   You are hard pressed to get me to go there armed let alone not armed.  Its like going to an African nation during a civil war.  

Tj

#3 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Aug. 11 2017 - 06:40 PM

Tom Givens of Rangemaster Training posted this to his Yahoo Group today:

As Mr. Givens has said multiple times as well as in the class I took with him: "carry your damn gun!"

I have no idea if this is the case in Memphis, but many City Governments put a lot of pressure on not having deaths or violent crime in general attributed to gang activity.

The City leaders, the BBB, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Tourism Bureau, get apoplectic

when their City is tagged as having a "gang problem."

I have seen it with my own eyes.

One gang related homicide in Memphis, TN as of early August 2017 ?  

I call BS.

What are they doing, dragging the bodies over the boundary into East Memphis ? 

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#4 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Aug. 13 2017 - 02:39 AM

lies and more lies in Memphis

http://www.wmcaction...ence-in-memphis

Our local city just had a gun buyback program on the 11th...homicides are still happening.

Edited by gshayd, Aug. 13 2017 - 02:40 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center