• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   youngod

youngod

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 12,657

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 10:58 PM

http://www.washingto...article/2637349

Actually, I believe 9 out of 10 guys on this forum would survive.  If you are in a big urban area............ :anim_wave: bye.  

Have you ever thought about it?  Seriously, what would you do if you are driving down the road on the way home from work and poof!  Everything stops.   Your wife and kids maybe across town or across country.  Could they get home?  Do you have plans to meet somewhere if you can't get home?  It's some bad crap!!

I have a GHB in the car.  Not much in it but I think I could get home in a day, 2 at the most.  

Signature:
Life Member NRA!

"They drew first blood"
"To Hell with them fellas, buzzard's got to eat, same as the worm."

#2 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

• Member ID: 750

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 11:23 PM

Yep, my ass is dead......I can't walk 2 miles in a day, can't carry survival gear, let alone a rifle and ammo.....and water....

Here in town, ya make it home not much of a problem, it's a long walk for the thugs and most will be easy pickings by the time they make it up here.....

However, lack of surface water is a killer, and then ya have winter.........

Not a good combination.......

Signature:
In the end we're all just chalk lines on concrete only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that I'm not.

#3 OFFLINE   zoomy

zoomy

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 21,935

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 11:29 PM

Our horses will have to start working for a living.
  • Longhair and mattd65636 like this

#4 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 13,758

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 11:34 PM

Yep, Rampy you better hope for Yellowstone to blow its' top before NK hits us with an EMP. At least Yellowstone will kill you quickly and bury you deep.

Guys, if it happens, please waste no time and be proactive by killing every criminal you can. I am completely serious, there will be 2 types of people when society breaks down. Those who will be a benefit to have around and those who won't be. It is best to get those who won't be out of the way as quickly as possible to avoid them causing problems later.

• Steelborn1 likes this

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#5 OFFLINE   gmor

gmor

• Member ID: 17,986

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 11:36 PM

Don't forget about bicycles. They can be carried in just about any vehicle and don't need food or water.
  • Retcop likes this

#6 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Member ID: 3,430

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:20 AM

Don't forget about bicycles. They can be carried in just about any vehicle and don't need food or water.

Horses can go places that no bicycle can. In a survival situation that can be a really handy thing.

Bicycles are too much work anyway. I'll stick with my horses.

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vince Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

#7 OFFLINE   Casper

Casper

• Member ID: 17,345

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:23 AM

You know... our horses aren't in my disaster preparedness plan. Their feet would go untrimmed and eventually, they'd be useless.

Sure you can file and file until you collapse, but we should buy some nippers!

Horses are easy. Water and grass. As long as they don't need dewormer too bad, as long as they don't injure themselves too bad.... you'll always have water and grass.

Signature:
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

#8 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Member ID: 24,285

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:25 AM

You don't have to feed or water a bicycle. They have some pretty awesome off road bikes these days.  Wolves and other predators don't eat bicycles either.

Edited by gshayd, Oct. 13 2017 - 12:29 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#9 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:26 AM

You know... our horses aren't in my disaster preparedness plan. Their feet would go untrimmed and eventually, they'd be useless.

Horses are easy. Water and grass. As long as they don't need dewormer too bad, as long as they don't injure themselves too bad.... you'll always have water and grass.

in the Mojave Desert?

#10 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:28 AM

http://www.washingto...article/2637349

Actually, I believe 9 out of 10 guys on this forum would survive.  If you are in a big urban area............ :anim_wave: bye.  

Have you ever thought about it?  Seriously, what would you do if you are driving down the road on the way home from work and poof!  Everything stops.   Your wife and kids maybe across town or across country.  Could they get home?  Do you have plans to meet somewhere if you can't get home?  It's some bad crap!!

I have a GHB in the car.  Not much in it but I think I could get home in a day, 2 at the most.  

I am retired I don't get too far from home

#11 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

• Member ID: 750

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:34 AM

Slacker, now the time you need to travel......

I am retired I don't get too far from home

#12 OFFLINE   Casper

Casper

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:49 AM

in the Mojave Desert?

Camels, then.

I'm a problem solver.

#13 OFFLINE   zoomy

zoomy

• Member ID: 21,935

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:50 AM

My wife can handle the hoof trimming. One of our horses is trained to drive. Hopefully we won’t need to depend on them. We have plenty of neighbors with horses, wagons and even sleighs built for hauling. I better get myself in shape.

#14 OFFLINE   Casper

Casper

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 12:59 AM

You don't have to feed or water a bicycle. They have some pretty awesome off road bikes these days.  Wolves and other predators don't eat bicycles either.

I bet my horse would last longer than the tires on your bicycle. One of ours is quite good going over rough terrain that bicycles would have to be carried over.

But I see benefits in both.

#15 OFFLINE   gmor

gmor

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 04:52 AM

Horses can go places that no bicycle can. In a survival situation that can be a really handy thing.

It's the other way around, bicycles can go places no horse can. I can put a bike on my back and climb a ladder or a cliff. I can put a bike in a canoe or rowboat and cross large bodies of water. I can keep my bike in my vehicle while I am at work or take it in a small airplane.

Edited by gmor, Oct. 13 2017 - 04:54 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 05:10 AM

It is so funny you write this, as I have decided to go head and get 3 or 4 hand held ham radios for us and the kids.

I was going to start on thread on a Venturi box for them,

you know, something I might be able to pick up andt Lowes or bed bath and beyond made as kitchen do-dadd but might work as a small venture vox, So I won't have to make the.

Any thoughts on something made for another purpose I could use as a small Venturi box (or whatever it's called), or and easy was to build the smallest thing possible for one of these hand held radios. I have to build 4, so I would rather find something to buy small and cheap.

Edited by Retcop, Oct. 13 2017 - 05:25 AM.

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#17 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Member ID: 19,861

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 05:14 AM

I agree with you 100%, IF you are set up with your horses.

I actually agree with gmor that good bikes could be indispensable in a survival situation.

I also don't think many people know how extensively bikes have been used in modern warfare...

BTW: I am bugging IN.

Have too many spinal and other health problems to do otherwise.

Even if I was healthy, I would still be inclined to bug in with the spot I live now.

I may not have the extensive arsenals some of you other guys have, but I have not scrimped on ammo,

have redundant platforms, and spare parts that do not require a gunsmith. 

For better or worse, This is retcop's last stand. Nothing around here that I would think would be targeted for a direct strike from nuclear or bio weapons. Am far enough South of St. Louis that the prevailing winds from the West should be in my favor.

Bring it on.

I'll see you guys on the other side.   :)

Surrounded by spent brass. 

And not a bumpfire stock to be found....

John

Edited by Retcop, Oct. 13 2017 - 05:26 AM.

• Flesh Wound and joshm like this

#18 OFFLINE   gmor

gmor

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 05:17 AM

I agree with you 100%, IF you are set up with your horses.
I actually agree with gmor that good bikes could be indispensable in a survival situation.

I also don't think many people know how extensively bikes have been used in modern warfare...

Yep, you can parachute with a bike.

#19 OFFLINE   mattd65636

mattd65636

• Member ID: 27,713

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 05:38 AM

I could take two of my parents horses and have the wife back home in 5 or 6 hours. We will have no problem surviving off the land for my family.

Some of you with higher water tables should think about getting a drive point well setup.

Signature:

Any information on the above crime, please contact Armory Staff.

"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." -Thomas Lynch The Undertaking: Life Studies From A Dismal Trade

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again,  this time more intelligently."-Henry Ford

#20 OFFLINE   j-dub

j-dub

Zombie H-K

• Member ID: 5,140

Posted Oct. 13 2017 - 07:18 AM

bah. more fear being spewed is nothing new.   I'd be quite content if social media went for a dump, that alone would kill off a few million millennials  :laugh:

I wish I had a horse.  but I got legs, and I can still hump a fair bit of shat if it goes for a shatter.   bicycles, aren't they nice :flowers:

at least you can eat a horse if it goes lame on you.

Signature:

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center