• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CelticMonster

CelticMonster

Living in freedom

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 25,617

Posted Dec. 17 2017 - 08:34 PM

Anyone know the regs for these? I saw that deal that Flesh Wound posted, $33 for a lower is pretty hard to pass up. But, I dont know where to get it milled since I dont have a drill press or what the laws are for them.

#2 OFFLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 13,758

Posted Dec. 17 2017 - 08:42 PM

Anyone know the regs for these? I saw that deal that Flesh Wound posted, $33 for a lower is pretty hard to pass up. But, I dont know where to get it milled since I dont have a drill press or what the laws are for them.

Law is you must mill it yourself. If someone else were to mill it for you then it becomes an illegal manufacture and transfer. You do it yourself and it is good to go.

Expect gmor to be along to tell you why and how they will be outlawed at some point in the future as "low hanging fruit".

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#3 OFFLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 26,245

Posted Dec. 17 2017 - 09:11 PM

Law is you must mill it yourself. If someone else were to mill it for you then it becomes an illegal manufacture and transfer. You do it yourself and it is good to go.

Expect gmor to be along to tell you why and how they will be outlawed at some point in the future as "low hanging fruit".

Gmor is a low hanging fruit.

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I believe in my God. My County. And Myself.

flag.jpg

I do not burn bridges.
I just loosen the bolts a bit every day.

Keep shooting until your target changes shape or catches fire.

#4 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Dec. 17 2017 - 09:23 PM

They are perfectly legal, though I wouldn't jump on one just to save a few bucks. If, for some reason you don't want a serial number on your gun, or just don't want the gooberment to know you have it, then it might be a good idea. There are companies that make jigs that you can use with a router as well. If someone has a mill and assists you, as long as you're doing the work, you're all right. I would get in touch with someone with a good solid drill press, and then have them walk you through using it. They can set it up, tell you what to do, but you have to be the one putting steel to aluminum and actually completing the receiver. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#5 OFFLINE   CelticMonster

CelticMonster

Living in freedom

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 25,617

Posted Dec. 17 2017 - 10:39 PM

Thats probably the best (and legally necessary) option.
Pepper, good to hear from you Sir. Been quite a while.

#6 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Dec. 18 2017 - 12:20 AM

Thats probably the best (and legally necessary) option.
Pepper, good to hear from you Sir. Been quite a while.

Yes it has brother, glad you're back. 

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center