Customer Service or lack there of

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 4,205

Posted Jan. 12 2018 - 07:58 PM

On the fifth of January I placed an order with Glades Armory for a bolt handle to complete the build of my M10/XLR chassis rifle. They were paid on the same day by PayPal and the order was listed as shipped on their website. When checked, the provided tracking number showed only that a shipping label was created. After a few days, there was no change in status on the shipping data, but the company website showed the bolt handle as shipped. There is no phone number listed in the company contacts and the preferred method of contact for customer service is e-mail. Well, after three e-mails, none of which have been answered, the tracking info finally shows the product as being in Pensacola for delivery tomorrow. If you have any business dealings with this company, don't expect any courtesies when it comes to response to customer service inquiries.

I only bring this up because on the same day I ordered a custom holster for a Sig pistol. They collected their payment via PayPal, but at least they had the presents to tell me that this was a custom order and would take several weeks to fill.

I have noticed that more than a few vendors are happy to take your funds via PayPal or other methods and then leave you hanging on product.

I would not have been so pissed if they would have at least provided accurate shipping info.

Am I wrong for being bent out of shape?

Signature:

0xCkRE3.png

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
George Orwell

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

"I don't get that -- people going to war over religion. I don't know, I could see going to war over justice or democracy or even revenge. But if you're going to war over religion, now you're just killing people in an argument over who has the better imaginary friend." Richard Jeni

#2 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Member ID: 31,419

Posted Jan. 12 2018 - 08:33 PM

That shipping bs is fairly common place. I've had items marked "shipped" within minutes of placing the order on a Sunday. Yeah, one of my favorites; "shipping label has been created". I realize it's normally computer-generated but give me a break.

#3 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 16,016

Posted Jan. 12 2018 - 08:54 PM

Unfortunately I no longer do business with a company without a fone # for contact. I'm ok with a company taking a certain amount of time, just let me know up front.
Even then sometimes things go sideways, it happens. Then it is their job to notify me and explain what happened.
  • bamashooter likes this

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#4 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

Posted Jan. 12 2018 - 08:56 PM

My issue with the transaction is the fact that they list e-mail as their primary means of resolving issues with orders and then ignoring any e-mails you send them when trying to gain any insight on the actual status of your order. Three e-mails sent over a period of 72 hours without any response. The only update coming from the USPS  site which we all know is hit or miss. PayPal might be interested to know that the order was for "business materials."

Edited by andy2205, Jan. 12 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 17,756

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 01:34 AM

Yeah I'd want a phone number.

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#6 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

• Member ID: 30,977

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 06:31 AM

I recently ordered a buffer tube kit on Dec31st and knowing with the holiday it wouldnt ship til Jan 2 at the earliest.  I actually got the shipping label created the same day so I was pretty happy.  Checked on eBay for proposed arrival and they said Jan 12.  Thinking that was a bit outrageous, I took the tracking number to USPS and they said it would be in my hands by Jan.5 so I was happier.  For days nothing changed at USPS except saying the item had been picked up with delivery the 5th.  Well the 5th arrived and no buffer tube, no change on the website.  Rocked on all week, nothing.  Yesterday I emailed the seller and asked it he could provide me with the tracking number again as I had opened the email so many times I finally accidentally deleted it.  I also asked if they could do anything on their end and no response.  I knew at this point I was at the mercy of USPS and the seller had nothing to do with it.  When I got home yesterday, the tube had arrived.  I dont know where the USPS fumble was but sometimes it gets pretty frustrating.  Especially whenI ordered a bolt from Young's Manufacturing two days later and got it in 3 days, Young's being in Arizona and the seller in Cali you figure it would take a similar amount of time.  Mostly USPS does a good job but when it goes bad, it goes really bad.

#7 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 07:24 AM

If the package shows up today, it will be 8 days to travel a distance of 563 miles in the same state. Still nothing but crickets in reply to my e-mail to the vendor.

#8 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 417

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 10:41 AM

Is this company located in Port Charlotte?

Signature:

Wag more. Bark less.

So many guns, so little time.

#9 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 02:55 PM

Is this company located in Port Charlotte?

Listed with a Davie address. Gets better, package arrived this morning posted from a PO Box in Tallahassee, 90 miles down the road. They have a string of positive reviews from Ebay posted on their website. Funniest ones are those for quick replies to emails. Ya right.

I suspect that there is no inventory and the product is drop shipped from the manufacture, the company listed on the shipping document was Sigma Components and Fabrication.

I think the next time I'm looking for anything for the chassis gun, I'll hit up these guys https://www.tacticalworks.com/home.php At least they are not afraid to list a phone number on their home page. As for the other guys, they can pack sand, I gave them three chances to explain what was going on and provided them with my contact number.

#10 OFFLINE   Casper

Casper

• Member ID: 17,345

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 02:55 PM

How big is this company? A small company can suffer if one or two key employees stay home sick, or worse.

But not answering email when you have no phone number... That sucks. I'd like to choose only companies with a phone number listed, but some just don't and still have the best price. Maybe that's why.

Honestly, we've become spoiled. An order from a mail order catalog would be great to have in 8 days.

Signature:
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

#11 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Jan. 13 2018 - 05:46 PM

I have a semi-local uniform shop that was bought out by a nationally known uniform supplier. They've consistently had shatty service, with a phone number. Their latest thing is not answering the phone. Miserable business model. There isn't enough competition right now, they're the only game in the area. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center