• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 13,758

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 12:35 AM

Trump suggested a military parade would be nice. That the left is throwing a complete shat fit about it tells me that it is a very good idea to do it and probably even expand the idea to every city in the country. 

Sure it would cost money and keep troops from their duties, but it would be a serious morale booster for the troops after being shat on for 8 years.

Hell, it would probably be a big recruiting boost and get those in uniform laid. 

Of course anything Trump wants the left hates so they will fight it tooth and nail. 

If I were Trump I would have Air Force One do a low flyby flanked by aircraft from all of the services. That would drive their panties right into a wad.

Edited by MontanaLon, Feb. 08 2018 - 12:37 AM.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#2 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 02:32 AM

I would like to know how much money they would end up spending on this gig. 

If Trump wants to honor the Military, maybe he could cover the costs of some conservative filmakers

producing a documentary celebrating the Military,and paying out of his own pocket to have millions of copies sent to active duty and vets, and have it available for free download on the internet.. 

Pair the release of the DVD/internet download with a speech from him that all the networks will cover, with clips from the documentary playing in the background.

With the favors he could call in, he could do this for very little money.

He could even sell the DVD's or the download for a few bucks, and donate the money to Veteran's Organizations.  

You could have a package with the DVD, an American Flag and pole, and a solar light for display at night. 

Even more profits to donate. Good time to think outside the box. Think capitalism to help the troops. 

What's wrong with issuing War Bonds ? He could call them Tickets to Paradise for all the hajiis they will help send to their virgins.. 

There are other ways to honor the Military than spending multi-millions on a parade. 

If that DVD is done right, it will not only lift spirits across the board, some people for maybe the first time will understand the sacrifice that our Military

and their families make for us everyday. 

The best way to honor the Military is to get them the equipment and training they need, better pay and benefits, and a worthy VA,

not a parade. I understand his desire to publicly honor, but to spend that money on a Soviet style display of troops and hardware is not the way to go. 

I know somebody here has connections. Please let Trump know about my idea, and I would be happy to work on it with him, 

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#3 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 02:40 AM

Its a nice reward for the troops. Some will get to travel to DC for the first time.   Mattis approves of it so nuff said.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#4 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 02:49 AM

Its a nice reward for the troops. Some will get to travel to DC for the first time.   Mattis approves of it so nuff said.

I hear you.

If Veterans and Active Duty tell me that the parade is the only way to obtain the desired effect,

that would change my mind.

I would still hope he would turn to the private sector to help defray costs. 

I would also want professional filmmakers there to produce a slick documentary for future use,

including fund raising. for Veteran's groups. 

John

#5 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 750

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 03:05 AM

Personally and with lots of thought while I thought it was stupid at 1st, the more I think on it the more I like it.

IF done right it will be worth every penny and then some & the rewards both tangible and non tangible will be off the hook so to speak.

This cold shape the rebuilding of the military for the next generation, how kids today see the military & how the public will see them.

I'd really try hard to drive out to a staging area in West Virginia and do whatever it takes to get to see it.  Have come in contact with old friends from another life who live in that area and work in DC as mission essential federal civilians & would annoy them to no end to make such a historic event.

I hear you.

If Veterans and Active Duty tell me that the parade is the only way to obtain the desired effect,

that would change my mind.

I would still hope he would turn to the private sector to help defray costs. 

I would also want professional filmmakers there to produce a slick documentary for future use,

including fund raising. for Veteran's groups. 

John

#6 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 03:16 AM

Read the article, a parade would be a HUGE way to work towards changing this.........

https://www.military...ions-youth.html

So it seems the biggest factors are:

-all the wounded Warrior type charities, which ALWAYS show us as being weak, pathetic and broken (WWP I’m looking at YOU!!).

-veterans being described and pictured, by ALL types of media, as all having severe PTSD and not able to adjust to civilian life after the military, and being afraid of fireworks on the 4th of July.

-non-stop focus on 22 veteran suicides per day; etc, etc, etc........

When we as society are constantly bombarded with that MASSIVE FORCE of negativity, it’s no wonder kids don’t have the most favorable outlook on life in the military and post-military life as well.

Disabled Veteran charities and Organizations absolutely need to make an effort to portray all veterans, but especially physically and psychologically wounded vets, in a POSITIVE LIGHT!!

Even MORE important however, is for VETERANS TO PORTRAY THEMSELVES POSITIVELY!!! Every decision you make should be made with that in mind. “How does this make me (thus all vets) look?” “Does this exude strength or weakness?”

We all need to make sure and sit up straight, speak with confidence, and act professional whenever we conduct any interviews with any media source for any reason.

Basically, portray the strength and confidence you did while in the military. People notice that shat.

It matters.

AMERICANS ESSENTIALLY FEEL SORRY FOR US POOR VETERANS!! This may help with the freaking charity donations, but our image is currently NOT good.

I do NOT want people feeling sorry for us! I want them to get upset and angry when they see veterans getting treated like ass at the VA or something... but not to feel sorry for us, simply because we’re vets in general or happen to be dealing with life shat or something.

Americans see veterans as weak and broken... let’s change that image to one of strength, honor and success.

Every time some clown shares something from "Dysfunctional Veterans" I silently thank them for making us all look broken and incapable of assimilating back into civilian culture.

Every time some dickbag (and anecdotally it seems to be inversely propor
tional to the amount of work they put in overseas) posts some crap like that, they make the continuing transition out of the military that much more difficult. It's been the toughest thing I've ever done, and every time some arsehole walks around in a shirt that says "medicated for your protection" or similar sentiment vaguely alluding to the tolls taken from the combat I'd bet money they didn't actually endure, they make the next step for me and every other dude just trying to find their next step and succeed that much more difficult.

Sorry for the rant, but dudes who were in who attention whore and showboat negative stereotypes about us drive me up the wall.

#7 ONLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff
  • Member ID: 6,696

Contributor

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 06:52 AM

I think the parade would be a great thing.  That said what for?  We have been denied our victory in AFG, denied our victory in Iraq.  I would much rather the money go into the veterans health care system and get more competent care takers for us.

• Retcop and Chris645 like this

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 07:45 AM

There's a bunch of pluses and the only negative is cost. 

Last one, 27 years ago, cost $12 million.  Besides all the internal good things, its a big ole message to the world that the US is taking a right turn and becoming more hawkish.  In T. Roosevelt terms, "We're polishing our big stick."  Now we spend as much money as the last one on one single diplomatic mission  or president visit while that would be one country at a time,  the parade would get the word out to the entire world.  

I for one am over keeping our head low kiss their ass and hope they don't hurt us politics.  It doesn't work.  Its like giving the bully your lunch money and hoping he leaves you the hell alone.  This parade is like saying "Look at my big stick bully, fear me, and leave me the hell alone."

Tj

#9 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Member ID: 24,285

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 07:46 AM

I don't know what rock some are hiding under but ISIS is might quiet these days. That's because the military has killed a buttload of the cockroaches. The military deserves a parade for all of this. I think Trump is solving the VA Problem slowly but surely sending folks packing https://www.va.gov/a...ions_Report.pdf. I have a new Doctor at the VA who is helping me now instead of going through the motions. I am an enabled disabled Veteran and I approve of the parade. Trump is sending a message to the world that we are back in the can o whoopass business.

Edited by gshayd, Feb. 08 2018 - 07:51 AM.

• Steelborn1 likes this

#10 ONLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Member ID: 25,426

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 08:23 AM

We have a military parade every year here. It’s called the Barksdale Defenders of Liberty Air Show at Barksdale AFB.

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#11 ONLINE   Steelborn1

Steelborn1

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 16,628

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 08:27 AM

I agree with Rampy 100%. I respect the hell out of all you vets, not for your injuries but for your service to this nation.

Signature:
I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!
"Sittin' on 2000 horsepower of nitro injected war machine!"
"Pigs are just life support systems for bacon and BBQ!" Redbarron

#12 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Member ID: 417

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 09:52 AM

I think it's an awful idea. I think Trump is turning into Kim Jong Un. First he says people that don't clap for him are committing treason. Then HE wants to throw a military parade.

No thanks. I can see it after WWII. There is no reason to have a parade in Washington. We don't need tans and military trucks and rockets on parade on Pennsylvania Ave.

TRump is really starting to scare me. If he wants his horse as Senator, then he's done.

Signature:

Wag more. Bark less.

So many guns, so little time.

#13 OFFLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Member ID: 3,430

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 10:19 AM

I think it's an awful idea. I think Trump is turning into Kim Jong Un. First he says people that don't clap for him are committing treason. Then HE wants to throw a military parade.

No thanks. I can see it after WWII. There is no reason to have a parade in Washington. We don't need tans and military trucks and rockets on parade on Pennsylvania Ave.

TRump is really starting to scare me. If he wants his horse as Senator, then he's done.

Watching too much CNN lately G?

I don't know how you get that he's at all like Kim. He's not calling for a show of force, he's wanting to give the public a chance to openly honor our troops, something that hasn't happened for a long, long time.

If you don't like it....don't go.

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vince Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

#14 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Member ID: 417

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 10:22 AM

We live in an increasingly militarized culture. I am very worried. The military is honored all the time. A parade in Washington isn't needed.

#15 OFFLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 10:37 AM

We live in an increasingly militarized culture. I am very worried. The military is honored all the time. A parade in Washington isn't needed.

Our military is honored less here than nearly anywhere else in the world. If that scares you....it sounds like you have a personal problem.

That said, I'm sure that part of the reason I like the idea is due to the way the military has been crapped on ever since Korea.

#16 ONLINE   youngod

youngod

• Member ID: 12,657

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 10:38 AM

You sound just like one of my most liberal doctor friends.  He's been posting pictures of Kim and Mussolini all morning.  

My thinking is about the cost.  Could that money be better used else where?

I do like the idea of it for Veterans Day or even the 4th of July.  I think Trump is thinking about restoring pride in the military after it was trashed for the last 8 years.  

Signature:
Life Member NRA!

"They drew first blood"
"To Hell with them fellas, buzzard's got to eat, same as the worm."

#17 ONLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Member ID: 25,426

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 10:59 AM

A celebration honoring our military men and women, and their families, ok. But a Red Square type military show of force and demonstration...I have to agree with G. We have lots of ways to honor our military, including, like I said before, air shows, etc., but we don’t need 50,000 soldiers marching in unison followed by tanks and ICBM rolling through the middle of DC.

#18 OFFLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 11:17 AM

A celebration honoring our military men and women, and their families, ok. But a Red Square type military show of force and demonstration...I have to agree with G. We have lots of ways to honor our military, including, like I said before, air shows, etc., but we don’t need 50,000 soldiers marching in unison followed by tanks and ICBM rolling through the middle of DC.

Parading ICBMs isn't what Trump wants, and only the left is claiming that it is.

The fact is that Trump's desire for the parade was inspired by what the French did on Bastille Day, that included flags, horses, and troops, but no columns of armored vehicles and missiles. His intent and motivation is entirely different from that of communist parades.

#19 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Member ID: 33

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 09:16 PM

If the have a parade for football. They should have a parade for the Military.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#20 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Feb. 08 2018 - 11:10 PM

:hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3:

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center