AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

Sheriff 'devastated' after student finds his forgotten gun in middle school locker room

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,238

Posted Mar. 13 2018 - 11:06 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...ocker-room.html

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#2 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 01:18 AM

Wow. A police administrator that accepts responsibility for his own mistakes. Watch that guy, he's a rare one. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#3 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 03:03 AM

What Pepper said.

This is a serious mistake, and I am relieved no one was injured, and that the gun was not stolen, with the potential to end up in some very wrong hands. 

I am not about to offer any excuses, but I can offer a possible explanation.

For me, and for the cops I knew, everyone had a ritual of their own when suiting up. 

Everything is done the same way in the same order every time, and checked and rechecked. 

I believe it is possible that  the Sheriff, being out of his normal routine, made the potentially deadly mistake.

The failure came in not recognizing he was out of his normal routine and environment, and in a school locker room, and thus did not double or triple

check the status of his 2 weapons. As I said, not an excuse, but I can understand the process that potentially 

got him to the point of making such an error. 

When I visit my grandkids in TN, my kids do not want my sidearm storedored away without a round 

in the chamber. Since I never do this at home, I am willing to admit this new process took some getting used to,'and 

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#4 ONLINE   specops56

specops56

• Member ID: 25,404

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 09:58 AM

We're all human.

Terry

Signature:

When you find my body, surrounded by expended magazines and hot empty brass, smoke still curling from the barrel..... then you can have it!

#5 ONLINE   DanR

DanR

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 23,008

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 10:46 AM

A mistake that should never had happen. Before leaving any bathroom other than my own, I always do a "pat down" so I know that all my "arms" are where they are supposed to be. In decades of carrying I have never left a "stall" without knowing just where my arms are. You must train yourself to be vigilant.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

I am an analog guy in a digital world! KISS!!!

"The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies." Anita Blake

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1 (see also Psalms 18:34 and 2 Samuel 22:35)

"Great armies and navies are always tempted to fight the last war...Truly fearsome militaries prepare to fight the next war." Thomas & Barry, 2008

"It matters not that a man dies, for all men die. What matters is just what the man died for."

#6 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Member ID: 6,707

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 12:34 PM

We're all human.

Terry

Certainly debatable  ,especially the other side of  the aisle  given their NON Logical solutions of  Errors and  Ignorance !!!...

Signature:

G. is a used Dildo without batteries ! ...

#7 ONLINE   specops56

specops56

• Member ID: 25,404

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 02:00 PM

Certainly debatable  ,especially the other side of  the aisle  given their NON Logical solutions of  Errors and  Ignorance !!!...

They're human..... just incredibly stupid humans.

Terry

#8 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 02:11 PM

I'm not going to say much.  Although its never happened before, I lost a gun I was carrying last week. 

Its pretty much like you would suspect.  I was carrying in a position I wasn't use to and my constant sitting and standing that night worked it loose off my belt.  It fell out when I raised my coat to pee outdoors so fell silently in the dark for once.  I back tracked my steps and found it but before that had searched my truck  and even called a restaurant.    Lesson learned, don't carry in that position anymore.  Because of a medical condition, I don't feel it there like I do a traditional side carry and being able to feel it has gotten me way out of constantly checking. 

Man did I feel dumb.  I had just done what I swore I'd never do, carry a gun so much I take it for granted.

So no, I won't call that guy a dumbass, dumbass move yes.  You have no idea how relieved I was not only I recovered my gun but I realized I didn't have it in just a very few minutes. 

Tj

#9 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 17,986

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 02:37 PM

I'm not going to say much.  Although its never happened before, I lost a gun I was carrying last week. 

Its pretty much like you would suspect.  I was carrying in a position I wasn't use to and my constant sitting and standing that night worked it loose off my belt.  It fell out when I raised my coat to pee outdoors so fell silently in the dark for once.  I back tracked my steps and found it but before that had searched my truck  and even called a restaurant.    Lesson learned, don't carry in that position anymore.  Because of a medical condition, I don't feel it there like I do a traditional side carry and being able to feel it has gotten me way out of constantly checking. 

Man did I feel dumb.  I had just done what I swore I'd never do, carry a gun so much I take it for granted.

So no, I won't call that guy a dumbass, dumbass move yes.  You have no idea how relieved I was not only I recovered my gun but I realized I didn't have it in just a very few minutes. 

Tj

Was it your Kimber Micro? What holster we're you using? That's a great feeling when you go back and lay eyes on your lost item.

Edited by gmor, Mar. 14 2018 - 02:51 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Member ID: 6,707

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 02:45 PM

They're human..... just incredibly stupid humans.

Terry

I want a  DNA confirmation on Clinton and Pelosi  ,just for Starters  :segrin: ...

#11 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 03:55 PM

Was it your Kimber Micro? What holster we're you using? That's a great feeling when you go back and lay eyes on your lost item.

Yep the micro, worse Micro with camo grips (Tiger stripe actually very nice looking), a Bianci snap holster with belt clip.  Had it in front to one side instead of fully to the side.  Obviously not good for sitting down and getting up a lot.  The bending was against the spring tension so when I raised my coat, it pulled it out. 

My Sig 938 would have been easier to find.  Its sights would have glowed in the dark. :hysterical3:  I did get to use my Moto flashlight.  

In all fairness, I was really distracted.  It was like the world was trying to watch me pee behind that tree and I noticed it was gone as soon as I went back in and sat down.  I just couldn't remember when or where.

Tj

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center