Ear muffs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shaehawkins

shaehawkins

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 32,214

Posted Apr. 03 2018 - 01:46 PM

I’ve been using these Field & Stream ear muffs with plugs also cause the range I go to has steel walls (basically inside a bunch of shipping containers) and it’s pretty loud when shooting my AR pistol with a brake and noice director cup if you will, and I’m wondering if getting the electronic muffs would be worth getting? and if so if I use plugs with the muffs will I still be able to hear people talking? I’ve watched a few reviews on YouTube of some but they don’t really explain what I’m wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 OFFLINE   Jaeger48

Jaeger48

chances are I'm wrong

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 21,618

Posted Apr. 03 2018 - 02:24 PM

Double ear pro. Plugs inside of muffs is the only way to go

#3 OFFLINE   Forsaken352

Forsaken352

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 24,941

Posted Apr. 03 2018 - 04:40 PM

I've been using the TCI DEHP's for about two years now, and I'd recommend them to anybody.     It would surprise me if you needed plugs while using these;  when we're having a shooting day, I've been able to comfortably stand right next to anybody using a .17 to the .50 and anything in-between.  A buddy of mine even tried messing with me once by putting an air horn next to my ear while wearing them, it sounded about as loud as a person talking.    Now, they are no doubt pricey, but the way "I" personally looked at it was,  over the years I have noticed a decent amount of hearing loss, so (to me) it was worth every penny to preserve what is left.  Being as I am hard of hearing, one of the nice features about them is that they amplify ambient sounds, so they double as my hearing aids. That is, right up until it's at a damaging level, then they of course shut off.   I'd recommend checking them out:

http://www.safarilan...ytw1g2mu1so581p

One thing I would suggest if you do consider them, however, is getting the gel ear seals.  Not only is it more comfortable (especially for those of us with 4 eyes), but I imagine that it also helps to keep it quieter than the foam.

Signature:

Never forget.

We will not comply.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#4 ONLINE   glock45

glock45

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 8,137

Posted Apr. 04 2018 - 05:00 PM

Bought a set of electronic ear muffs from Brownells 6 months ago, 18 miles from me. They are super the sounds that the sensors catch are completely muffed. I walk on dry leaves and that is muffed. You can hear birds in the distance then bang and everything goes silent. I am a happy camper. :tiphat:  

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center