MDT chassis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   wmn2

wmn2

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 31,704

Posted Apr. 07 2018 - 03:08 PM

Anyone have an mdt chassis? I’m thinking about grabbing one for my 6.5 creedmoor. The lss-xl to be exact. I don’t want their stock, I think I want a magpul prs and I can’t find any info on what I’ll need to mount it? Can I just use a standard A2 buffer tube or do I need something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Member ID: 3,430

Posted Apr. 07 2018 - 03:58 PM

http://ar15armory.co...-scope-mounted/

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vince Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

#3 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Apr. 10 2018 - 05:54 AM

Hope this helps you

That link would be me I have MDT chassis on my Two Ruger American Rifle in 6mm and 6.5 MM Creedmore.  I am going to recommend a carbine buffer tube so you can adjust your length of pull in a bigger increment and a Luth-AR MBA-3 carbine stock so you and do fine adjustments for spot weld and the length. You can find these stocks for $125.99. I have a Magpul PRS on a 24" AR15. You will like the Luth AR15 Carbine stock better and save a chunk of money and thank me later.

****note*** pay attention to torques specifications for the chassis and scope mounting  I use this handy little tool

https://www.cabelas....wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

*****note**** The Magpul AICS will not fit the Ruger Rifle without some slight modification.  There is a lip or line you can feel and see on the Magpul you will need a small file to file this down till it fits. Take a little off at a time till it fits. Don't go crazy on it. 

http://www.primaryar...bly-black-mba-3

or you can opt for this fits in the rifle magazine. You can get it on ebay with free shipping. Guy is legit and shipped it fast.

https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

You might also take a look at this chassis made by MDT I purchased from Brownells

https://www.brownell...prod116299.aspx

I also reccomend an Ergo grip you can pick your grip and color. You might find some bargains on ebay????  buyer beware of cheap imitations there.

www.ergogrips.net/product-category/gun-parts/ar-15/grips-ar-15/

• Fully Adjustable Carbine Buttstock assembly to mount to a carbine rifle (6-positions mil-spec or commercial tube) – This is our carbine stock
  • Additional 1″ height on cheek rest
  • 3-axis Adjustable Butt Plate Assembly extends additional 1 1/16″ length of pull and includes the following movement:
    1. Horizontal for linear adjustment (i.e. length of pull)
    2. Vertical for a perfect butt plate fit into the curvature of the shoulder.
    3. Lateral adjustment for a ½ inch left or right cast
    4. This butt plate assembly is interchangeable with the original MBA-1 Buttstock
  • Includes a Picatinny Rail on the bottom rear of the Stock Body to attach your choice of many accessories.
  • Designed a flat bottom index set screw (10-24) to eliminate that constant rattle of carbine collapsible buttstock. This also allows you to secure the stock in your favorite position.
  • The Black MBA-3 comes with a  medium soft rubber recoil pad, Duro 85.
  • The FDE MBA-3 comes with a FDE hard butt plate as a pad. A Black medium soft rubber recoil pad is available for additional purchase.
  • The Luth-AR MBA-3 weighs roughly half that of comparable stocks coming in at just 18.5 ounces.
  • Fits all .223 and most .308 AR carbine style rifles
  • Super Strong Glass Filled Nylon
  • Easy to replace and quick to install
  • Uses 4 out of the 6 positions on a mil-spec or commercial tube

gallery_24285_275_143637.jpg

Edited by gshayd, Apr. 10 2018 - 06:26 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#4 ONLINE   wmn2

wmn2

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 10:21 AM

Hope this helps you

That link would be me I have MDT chassis on my Two Ruger American Rifle in 6mm and 6.5 MM Creedmore.  I am going to recommend a carbine buffer tube so you can adjust your length of pull in a bigger increment and a Luth-AR MBA-3 carbine stock so you and do fine adjustments for spot weld and the length. You can find these stocks for $125.99. I have a Magpul PRS on a 24" AR15. You will like the Luth AR15 Carbine stock better and save a chunk of money and thank me later.

****note*** pay attention to torques specifications for the chassis and scope mounting  I use this handy little tool

https://www.cabelas....wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

*****note**** The Magpul AICS will not fit the Ruger Rifle without some slight modification.  There is a lip or line you can feel and see on the Magpul you will need a small file to file this down till it fits. Take a little off at a time till it fits. Don't go crazy on it. 

http://www.primaryar...bly-black-mba-3

or you can opt for this fits in the rifle magazine. You can get it on ebay with free shipping. Guy is legit and shipped it fast.

https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

You might also take a look at this chassis made by MDT I purchased from Brownells

https://www.brownell...prod116299.aspx

I also reccomend an Ergo grip you can pick your grip and color. You might find some bargains on ebay????  buyer beware of cheap imitations there.

www.ergogrips.net/product-category/gun-parts/ar-15/grips-ar-15/

• Fully Adjustable Carbine Buttstock assembly to mount to a carbine rifle (6-positions mil-spec or commercial tube) – This is our carbine stock
  • Additional 1″ height on cheek rest
  • 3-axis Adjustable Butt Plate Assembly extends additional 1 1/16″ length of pull and includes the following movement:
    • Horizontal for linear adjustment (i.e. length of pull)
    • Vertical for a perfect butt plate fit into the curvature of the shoulder.
    • Lateral adjustment for a ½ inch left or right cast
    • This butt plate assembly is interchangeable with the original MBA-1 Buttstock
  • Includes a Picatinny Rail on the bottom rear of the Stock Body to attach your choice of many accessories.
  • Designed a flat bottom index set screw (10-24) to eliminate that constant rattle of carbine collapsible buttstock. This also allows you to secure the stock in your favorite position.
  • The Black MBA-3 comes with a  medium soft rubber recoil pad, Duro 85.
  • The FDE MBA-3 comes with a FDE hard butt plate as a pad. A Black medium soft rubber recoil pad is available for additional purchase.
  • The Luth-AR MBA-3 weighs roughly half that of comparable stocks coming in at just 18.5 ounces.
  • Fits all .223 and most .308 AR carbine style rifles
  • Super Strong Glass Filled Nylon
  • Easy to replace and quick to install
  • Uses 4 out of the 6 positions on a mil-spec or commercial tube
gallery_24285_275_143637.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I ordered the LSS XL Gen 2 in fde. Should be here Wednesday. I’m putting my savage action in it and replacing accu trigger with a timney. I got a prs stock for now because I really like them. If it decide to change I’ll look at the luth ar. I also got a hogue grip for it. I’ll post pictures when I get it all out together.

Thanks for the tip about the torques. I picked up a fats torque driver a few months ago and love it.

#5 ONLINE   wmn2

wmn2

Posted Apr. 20 2018 - 12:31 PM

072e541d36613ee5d34da30260c4f2bf.jpg7eb60561e52182d057be27ffbe12b680.jpg

Here she is all done. Savage 10 t-rs, timney trigger, mdt lss-xl gen 2. Burris xtr ii, seeking rings, area 419 brake. Can’t wait to get her to the range.

#6 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Apr. 21 2018 - 07:11 PM

nice?

did you remember to torque the action to recommended specs?

Edited by gshayd, Apr. 21 2018 - 07:12 PM.

#7 ONLINE   wmn2

wmn2

Posted Apr. 21 2018 - 09:22 PM

nice?

did you remember to torque the action to recommended specs?

Yep. 60in lbs.

Edited by wmn2, Apr. 21 2018 - 09:22 PM.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center