20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 03:03 AM

http://palmettostate...5165448002.html

Nice Looking Lower said I wasn't going to build lowers anymore. Nice price for an assembled lower but I guess I am still good because I don't have to build it. :lol:  Have a couple of better triggers to swap out if the stock trigger isn't decent.

• bamashooter likes this

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#2 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Member ID: 31,419

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 07:31 AM

Just curious. Is Blackhawk a specific brand name or a PSA model name? Thanks.

#3 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,430

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 09:08 AM

Just curious. Is Blackhawk a specific brand name or a PSA model name? Thanks.

I believe that it's a reference to the Knoxx Blackhawk stock that it comes with.

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vince Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

#4 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

• Member ID: 30,977

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 09:16 AM

Blackhawk is a retailer of AR accessories.  Some if not all the merch is rebranded.  Ergo supplies their pistol grips.  The PSA offering has a Blackhawk grip and stock.  A decent deal, a step up from milspec.  I use a few Ergo/Blackhawk pistol grips and they are similar to the Hogue overmolds.  I found them on sale at CDNN for $6.95 not long ago and bought a few for upcoming builds.  Delta Team Tactical has them listed for that price now but are out of stock.  I will grab a few more if they return at the same price.  Generally they are closer to $20 like the Overmolds.

If you need an assembled lower, I wouldnt hesitate to jump on this deal.

• bamashooter likes this

#5 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 09:27 AM

Thanks guys. Looks like I might be getting a lower for the side charger sooner than expected.

#6 OFFLINE   xSmokey

xSmokey

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 32,520

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 01:33 PM

Just bought it and so far it seems pretty solid... The trigger is ok, but not the best.

• bamashooter likes this

Signature:

ΣΙ βΙΣ ΠΑΚΕΜ ΠΑΡΑΒΕΛΛΥΜ

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

ΣΙΚ ΣΕΜΠΕΡ ΤΙΡΑΝΝΙΣ
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MOLON LABE

#7 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 03:30 PM

Just bought it and so far it seems pretty solid... The trigger is ok, but not the best.

Thanks. Whatever I get I plan on replacing the trigger with a CMC I picked up a week or so ago. 

#8 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 04:15 PM

Ordered. Thanks gshayd.

#9 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 08:04 PM

I have a LaRue trigger and the PSA enhanced trigger I got from USMC Adair to put in mine. However, you luck out every once in a while and the trigger god smiles and you get a decent factory trigger.

Edited by gshayd, Apr. 15 2018 - 08:04 PM.

• bamashooter likes this

#10 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Apr. 16 2018 - 10:20 AM

It has been shipped.

• bamashooter likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Apr. 16 2018 - 10:41 AM

I was reading about some new gun control laws that are incubating in California.

They have sections that refer to the "evil" parts that make these MSR's look similiar to Military Rifles. 

So they are paying better attention this time.

I know there is case law that says that Military type weapons were a justification for civilian versions to be possessed under the 2A. 

I can't find the citation. They were using it to show that weapons were useful under the strict scrutiny bar that should always be used with the 2A

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#12 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Apr. 18 2018 - 04:41 AM

The founding fathers did not mean for Citizen Soldiers to be equipped with inferior firearms to the military. They would tell you we should be able to own the same weapon as the military. If the British would have had a full aoto military weapon at the time what would they citizen Soldiers be buyin?

Edited by gshayd, Apr. 18 2018 - 04:43 AM.

#13 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 18 2018 - 07:58 AM

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'll slap the CMC in it, put it with the Gibbz and see if they fall in love or hate one another.  :laugh:

#14 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 19 2018 - 04:56 PM

Get a UPS notification that first delivery failed at 3:46pm today. Call my neighbor /ffl and he says he must have just missed him. Ran to town. Here comes the UPS truck down my road. Flag him down. I ask if he'll go back there now or when he comes back this way after completing deliveries down the road. My neighbor is under a 2 minute drive. "Nope, can't do it. We can only make 1 attempt per day. It'll be late tomorrow afternoon or evening". Jerk.

#15 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Apr. 19 2018 - 05:40 PM

Bummer!

UPS has always been a F'd up outfit. They've been pissing me off for at least 45yrs.

#16 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 19 2018 - 06:35 PM

Bummer!

UPS has always been a F'd up outfit. They've been pissing me off for at least 45yrs.

Had it been my regular driver, he would have even let me sign for it then I'd just run it over there, pay my 25.00 and let him log it in. He definitely would have gone back. Hope this guy is a sub and not taking this route over. I didn't ask.

#17 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Apr. 19 2018 - 06:40 PM

Mine made it on time to the FFL. It is now in my possesion. :)

• bamashooter likes this

#18 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 20 2018 - 06:46 PM

Get a UPS notification that first delivery failed at 3:46pm today. Call my neighbor /ffl and he says he must have just missed him. Ran to town. Here comes the UPS truck down my road. Flag him down. I ask if he'll go back there now or when he comes back this way after completing deliveries down the road. My neighbor is under a 2 minute drive. "Nope, can't do it. We can only make 1 attempt per day. It'll be late tomorrow afternoon or evening". Jerk.

Literally on the phone with my ffl guy and I get a UPS notice of a failed second delivery attempt. I ask my ffl guy if he's home. Yep. I tell him and he says the driver must not have tried too hard. I go out front and wave down the truck. Not 3 feet from him. He looks right at me (same guy) and keeps on trucking. I'm beyond pissed. I chase him down about 3 miles down a couple of roads. Very politely, I ask if he'll go back now or later. Same BS NO answer. I ask if my name is on the pkg (it is) can I sign for it. No, it goes to an address and not a person per se. Anyone at that address can sign for it. I said fine I'll meet you there. Right out of the blue his response is for me to leave or he's been instructed to call the police. I leave and go back to the house.

I call UPS and cutting to the chase, they call my service center and they're closed though he told me it would not be attempted again today no matter what. Tells me one more attempt (3rd) and it will sit at the service center for 5 days awaiting my ffl guy to come pick up. 30 + miles away. Won't happen. After 5 days it goes back to PSA. Insane.

#19 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Apr. 20 2018 - 06:56 PM

I hope that you got the driver's name so that you can file a formal complaint, which I would make a point of doing.

One of my favorite things to say to morons giving me a hard time is, "Let me talk to somebody that's important."

It pretty much lets them know where they stand in my view, and it often gets me an opportunity to speak with someone higher up the food chain.

• bamashooter likes this

#20 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Apr. 20 2018 - 07:04 PM

You know, in my internal rage, I didn't even give it a thought. Likely, it would come down to his word vs me and my ffl guy. His little shop is in his basement and about 15 yards away is his machine shop, bluing, cerakoting, etc. The regular driver would have seen his pickup at home and if no answer at the house would have gone out to his shop. Blah, blah, blah. I swear if it doesn't get delivered Monday I might lose it.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center