Sale or mod??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Billy13

Billy13

• Group:New Members
  • Member ID: 32,378

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 05:32 PM

So I received a Sig Sauer M400 AR15 in a trade.  There are a few things that I want to change on it, bolt, forearm, buffer spring, trigger, charging handle etc.  So my question is should I just sale this one and start fresh with a custom build or just us this base and customize it.  As far as I know it is all stock.

#2 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 05:39 PM

So I received a Sig Sauer M400 AR15 in a trade.  There are a few things that I want to change on it, bolt, forearm, buffer spring, trigger, charging handle etc.  So my question is should I just sale this one and start fresh with a custom build or just us this base and customize it.  As far as I know it is all stock.

Those are a pretty nice gun.

Let me ask you something.....on our department guns the bolt and carrier are less than smooth. They have a pitted appearance to them.....is yours like this as well?  I'm sure nothing is wrong functionally but cosmetically they look rough. Our department chose the M400 a few years ago and I have not heard of any issues with them.  

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Accuracy over OCD !

#3 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 30,977

Posted Apr. 16 2018 - 03:59 AM

The M400 is a great rifle as is, one of the top choices of law enforcement.  Its probly worth more in its original form and personally I would not modify it.  Do what you want because it has solid bones that will make a good base to start on.  Really tho with what you want to do I would just start fresh and choose each component.

#4 OFFLINE   TackleberryMCS

TackleberryMCS

• Group:Armory Staff
  • Member ID: 30,474

Posted Apr. 16 2018 - 05:33 PM

The SIG M400 is good to go as is. The only thing I would do is install a BUIS and a red-dot optic of some sort. That is all.

Signature:

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector since 2004
Oath Keeper member
III% United Patriots member

5b5tg4.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Derk_digler24

Derk_digler24

well lookie here...

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 21,495

Posted Apr. 16 2018 - 06:45 PM

The mods you listed aren't that drastic.
Go with a bcm charging handle, it's like 54.99 or 49.99. I don't know what you want with a buffer spring but if your looking for like a jp enterprise spring kit it's like 135 bucks.
I personally wouldn't mess with it. But it's your rifle.
What do you want to do with the bolt? You want a nickel boron bolt carrier? They are like 110.00 bucks.
The quadrail is up to you. You can spend 100 to 400 on one depending on what you want.
Those are things you can do to any rifle and still be under the cost of building.

To me I would leave the sig alone, run it as is with a light, sling, and red dot. That's my style though.
Then I would build one slowly, go to palmettostatearmory.com
Buy a complete lower for 150.00 bucks,(skip the jp enterprise spring kit) and build another rifle into whatever you want.
I love the bcm charging handle though and have one on all my ar15s. That's the only thing I would change. Maybe a quadrail too.

Edited by Derk_digler24, Apr. 16 2018 - 06:48 PM.

Signature:
WELCOME TO MY HOME THAT DOOR YOU JUST KICKED IN, WAS LOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION, NOT MINE.
K.C.C.O
FIGHT UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER THEN FIGHT ON THE ICE.
UNION
GAS IT UP AND BURN IT DOWN
VikingPrayer2_zpsc58b35ab.png

#6 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted Apr. 20 2018 - 07:57 AM

Don't mess with it keep it in its original form. 

Edited by gshayd, Apr. 20 2018 - 07:58 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center