• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   youngod

youngod

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 12,657

Posted May. 15 2018 - 11:26 AM

https://www.theguard...-mercury-biopic

I guess growing up in the 70s and 80s I was never a huge Queen fan (except We Will Rock You which every sporting event knew), however, as I "matured" I have come to appreciate more bands and really great singers.  Mercury had a voice that is almost impossible to duplicate.  American Idol star Adam Lambert has been the closest.  But Mercury could do things with his voice and singing that no-one else could.  I'd be interested in seeing the film.  Not sure I will go pay to see it but I would like to know more of the history of the band.  

Signature:
Life Member NRA!

"They drew first blood"
"To Hell with them fellas, buzzard's got to eat, same as the worm."

#2 ONLINE   j-dub

j-dub

Zombie H-K

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 5,140

Posted May. 15 2018 - 11:49 AM

I'm on the same page.   never really appreciated their music until I matured a bit (still got a ways to go).  

while I won't see the movie in the theatre, I will likely see it when it comes out on dvd.  

Signature:

#3 OFFLINE   meh77gmc

meh77gmc

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 7,821

Posted May. 15 2018 - 12:22 PM

A Christian rock singer named Marc Martel has been touring with queen recently. That dude dang-near channels the Freddie Mercury sound.

#4 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

• Member ID: 17,986

Posted May. 15 2018 - 01:53 PM

I am with you. I was never a big fan back in the day, but upon reflection Queen had a unique sound and Mercury was a great rock singer!

#5 OFFLINE   smb5769

smb5769

• Member ID: 12,498

Posted May. 15 2018 - 04:13 PM

Don't they say his voice range spanned seven octaves?

Signature:
The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation enlightened as it is if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men.
Samuel Adams

#6 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 6,707

Posted May. 15 2018 - 04:25 PM

I'll assume this isn't about Queen Elisabeth :segrin: ...

Signature:

#7 ONLINE   alpo

alpo

• Member ID: 135

Posted May. 16 2018 - 06:21 AM

I am about the same as you guys.  Wasn't a big Queen fan but liked some of their songs.  I will probably watch it when it comes to dvd.

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   muzlblast

muzlblast

• Member ID: 17,517

Posted May. 16 2018 - 08:11 AM

You guys missed the boat. I was listening to them back in the seventies. Killer Queen still has one of the coolest bass line and slickest lyrics in rock n roll. Everybody in that band was a virtuoso on their instrument. Freddie was a hell of a pianist as well as a vocalist.

#9 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Member ID: 24,285

Posted May. 16 2018 - 09:47 AM

I was a big fan....back in the day

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#10 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 6,707

Posted May. 16 2018 - 01:51 PM

I was listening to this back when :

https://youtu.be/H2di83WAOhU

https://youtu.be/rTVjnBo96Ug

https://youtu.be/UTR2IlAJEyQ

An one of the all time musical spectacular performers ,a very intelligent man actually near genius , An innovator and rappers have Nothing on him ,He invented it !. If You've never listened to Frank Zappa , I highly recommend it  ,as well as Pink Floyd ...

https://youtu.be/n0Qw3Foa_XE

#11 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Member ID: 3,238

Posted May. 16 2018 - 02:15 PM

Not a big fan, until I got older.  Many of their tunes are now epic, rock anthems.  Mercury had a helluva range.  One my favorites is:  Somebody To Love.

• youngod likes this

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"I am Mamuwalde, an African prince!  I'm sorry, I don't have any bread on me, as for 'kicking-my-ass' I strongly suggest

you give-it careful consideration before trying." - Blacula/Mamuwalde, 'Scream Blacula Scream'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#12 OFFLINE   muzlblast

muzlblast

• Member ID: 17,517

Posted May. 16 2018 - 05:31 PM

We used to always hum Another One Bites the Dust when we were doing CPR on patients. They teach you to push to the cadence of Stayin Alive by the Bee Gees but you know how firemen can be...

Edited by muzlblast, May. 16 2018 - 05:31 PM.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center