Huldra (Adams Arms) cycling problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Crazy_Life

Crazy_Life

• Group:New Members
  • Member ID: 32,570

Posted May. 27 2018 - 08:06 AM

I've had this Huldra Mark IV 14.5 evo tactical upper (Adams Arms .556) for a couple years now. Bought it new when Fleet Farm quit carrying them. It's mated to a Polmetto State Armory lower. From day one it has not wanted to cycle...with any type of ammo. I've tried mating it to 2 other lowers with no change. The other day I noticed that the picatiny on the gas block was off a couple degrees from the hand rail, So I was thinking the barrel port and the gas block port weren't aligned. Well I unpinned the gas block and slid it forward and you could tell from the "burn" pattern that they were aligned. So could it be as simple as the barrel needing to be rotated to line everything up? Right now it doesn't seem like the poison is binding moving it by hand but under load could it be a different story? Anyone had a similar issue.c87a8f9e7fe6b952b48b68cad26e1bf1.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

#2 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted May. 27 2018 - 08:31 AM

Welcome!

I don't have any piston guns but I would be looking to make sure the operating rod is not binding on the upper. Something is not correct if the gas port lines up and everything is cocked to the side.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#3 OFFLINE   Crazy_Life

Crazy_Life

Posted May. 27 2018 - 09:01 AM

Sooo....I was just watching a couple barrel install videos (as I am a noob), and noticed that the barrel indexes to the receiver. So there is no rotating the barrel to get the gas port straight up. Correct?
If so, do I now get a hold of Adams?

#4 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted May. 27 2018 - 01:48 PM

If the barrel is indexed into the receiver correctly and the gas port is off to the side then yes, get a hold of them.  I would pull the hand guard if it were mine and really take a look at how everything is working together. 

If you have a wrench to pull the barrel nut I would do that and check to see if the barrel index pin is where it is supposed to be and reassemble one part at a time to make sure everything is going together like it should. Does the operating rod move freely in the upper? 

#5 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 24,285

Posted May. 27 2018 - 05:37 PM

Looks like the adjustable gas block is in the full position at 12 oclock.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#6 OFFLINE   Righttobeararms

Righttobeararms

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 27,664

Posted May. 27 2018 - 11:58 PM

I own a Adams Arms Tactical Evo upper it's about 4 years old and runs Flawless with everything it's a seven and a half inch upper. Do you have the Piston setting set on suppressed or unsuppressed it will make a difference.

#7 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 26,113

Posted May. 28 2018 - 12:52 AM

What weight buffer are you using and submit a picture of your hammer please. My adams arms upper does not like the colt hammer notch.

Signature:
Ill have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years. Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

#8 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

Posted May. 28 2018 - 12:54 AM

Also i have had an adams arms piston kit that the op rod would stick to the gas valve. They replaced it no questions asked.

#9 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

Posted May. 28 2018 - 12:54 AM

Other than that, they typically run flawless

#10 OFFLINE   Crazy_Life

Crazy_Life

Posted May. 31 2018 - 10:47 AM

As far as I can tell by hand but who know under load.

If the barrel is indexed into the receiver correctly and the gas port is off to the side then yes, get a hold of them.  I would pull the hand guard if it were mine and really take a look at how everything is working together. 

If you have a wrench to pull the barrel nut I would do that and check to see if the barrel index pin is where it is supposed to be and reassemble one part at a time to make sure everything is going together like it should. Does the operating rod move freely in the upper? 

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center