Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NewARBuilder87

NewARBuilder87

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 32,563

Posted Jul. 01 2018 - 09:19 PM

Ok, only being maybe 4 months in to the AR platform, I've really only had experience with new AR's built with new parts. I no longer have have a factory built AR to use as a comparison, but does the bolt on a new BCG tend to be a bit sticky, or tight, for lack of a better term, when closing into the barrel? For instance, if I ride the CH and gently let it close, it won't even lock, causing a FTF, FTE, and a double-feed, all in one go, correct? And is the solution to pretty much to shoot the thing so it'll break in properly? My 1st build has this issue practice cycling/firing with dummy rounds, it's BCG and barrel are brand new, my 2nd build not-so-much, due to the BCG is new, but the barrel isn't. Do just need to get out of the workshop and get some range time in? I think I'm over-diagnosing, and worrying too much, being a new builder. This weekend I'll try to get a range report for both my 1st and 2nd builds, as well as my Springfield XD I'm dying to get back from the gunsmith... Thanks again everyone for your help/input/knowledge, I learn more here than anywhere else, easily. Thanks again ahead of time

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

#2 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 22,192

Posted Jul. 01 2018 - 09:59 PM

First and foremost.....never ride the charge handle home....it was made to let things fly home. We had a member here that was obsessed with making his gun chamber a round while riding the bolt home. The gun was never designed to do that. So, let her fly and shoot the dog snot out of your guns and have fun.

• Longhair and bamashooter like this

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#3 OFFLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,430

Posted Jul. 01 2018 - 10:17 PM

First and foremost.....never ride the charge handle home....it was made to let things fly home. We had a member here that was obsessed with making his gun chamber a round while riding the bolt home. The gun was never designed to do that. So, let her fly and shoot the dog snot out of your guns and have fun.

Ditto!

If you want to break it in, then don't baby it. Nothing will break it in faster than shooting it.

And if you have to play with it until you get to the range (we understand), then drop it shut from the stops, or stick an empty mag in it (to make doubly sure the bolt latch works :rolleyes: ), and mash the release.

• bamashooter likes this

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vint Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

~Thomas Jefferson~

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center