• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,238

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 08:50 PM

https://www.breitbar...-unmasking-law/

"Unless it is Halloween, Mardi Gras, or some other kind of celebration, there is no legitimate reason to disguise who you are in public, unless you intend to do something illegal and do not wish to be identified."

antifa-middle-finger-getty-640x479.jpg

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, Jul. 12 2018 - 01:01 PM.

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#2 ONLINE   Hammurabi

Hammurabi

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 20,628

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 03:01 AM

I don't like it. Sometimes governments are the bad guys, and masks can help people protest or obstruct bad government action. Legislation like this a weapon that the govt doesn't need, that tomorrow could be aimed at you.

Let's all at least agree that just because we won the last election, that doesnt mean we've won the next twenty or thirty elections. People like Obama and HRC will always be with us.

#3 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 05:21 AM

I think they ould just find other as to defeat facial recognition. 

It won't be as effective as the bandanas, and may coe off if you get seaty beating up Christian Patriots,

but they will find a way. That's the practical take.

Hammy, your point is ell taken, but if you are not planning doing some thing illegal,

there is no reason to hide your identity. The psychology of mob action is that you lose your indivdual identity,

and feel comfortable doing things you wouldn't normally do.

The anonymity that ANTIFA craves is simply an artificial acceleration of this mob mentality.

Even when in smaller groups, they can fall prey to a mob mentality, because they can not be identified as an individual. 

That's the psychological take.

My personal take is that they are simply cowards. I also think if they were unmasked, we would find the same "professional" core

of anarchists are showing up at these events and being provocateurs all over the country, and they do not want their conspiracy exposed. 

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#4 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 7

Contributor

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 05:33 AM

Yes, this is a Pandora's box.  Why not pass a law we all have to have a barcode on our forehead and if we cover it up its illegal? 

This type thing is already being used against bikers that use masks for weather much like a cowboy does. 

What they are after is the "intent" but like the guns we all love, their target is an inanimate object. Worse, its the type law that won't stop a damn thing and only lead to abuse of power, because the entire idea behind masks and crime is not get caught.  What that means is they have catch you to nail you so what is it then?  Shame on you for not making my job easy law? 

Even if you don't motorcycle, hike, hunt, camp, ski, do construction, work in a hospital, etc.  its not hard to think of some reason to cover your face.  It does get cold sometimes and we're not always going to be in a nice heated car.  In fact, when you look at how disease is spread, we need more masks not less. 

This was a bad law when they passed then to get the Klan and still a bad law.  You don't ban tools for how a very few use them. 

Tj

• Direwolf and Flesh Wound like this

#5 ONLINE   Gmountain

Gmountain

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 417

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 05:43 AM

This would be like a law requiring everyone to use only thei real names on the internet.
  • Flesh Wound likes this

Signature:

Wag more. Bark less.

So many guns, so little time.

#6 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 05:59 AM

Let's not kid ourselves why these pukes want to remain unidentified. 

In demonstrations past, the only time you saw this was when the tear gas came out, and it was not very effective. 

I think we have good cause to be concerned about people who show up to "peacefully" protest with their identity hidden.

Have the cops actually enforce the law against these ANTIFA pukes when they show up to abort someone else's demonstration,

and you would see the calls for unmasking decline. These proposed laws are out of frustration of what the liberal politicians are allowing

these morons to get away with. Enforce the law and the mask does not matter.  

• Flesh Wound and Snake46 like this

#7 OFFLINE   Vod

Vod

• Member ID: 15,404

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 07:02 AM

This "new" law wont do shat. There are already laws on the books involving the wearing of masks, and they aren't being enforced.

Signature:

اللعنة الإسلام

#8 OFFLINE   muzlblast

muzlblast

• Member ID: 17,517

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 08:14 AM

I dont see the problem. Did you guys actually read the article? The headline is deceptive. The law doesnt prohibit masks, it simply increases the penalties for engaging in mayhem while wearing one.

#9 ONLINE   Hammurabi

Hammurabi

• Member ID: 20,628

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 10:17 AM

I dont see the problem. Did you guys actually read the article? The headline is deceptive. The law doesnt prohibit masks, it simply increases the penalties for engaging in mayhem while wearing one.

Imo the language sounds vague enough that the law would be easily abused. A leftist regime would be more than happy to say that every single thing thing you do is oppression and intimidation.

#10 OFFLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Member ID: 26,245

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 10:32 AM

I did read the story.

Imo the language sounds vague enough that the law would be easily abused. A leftist regime would be more than happy to say that every single thing thing you do is oppression and intimidation.

This. I do not trust our government or some law enforcement officials not to abuse this. Gee what could go wrong?

Instead, as John points out, just start taking action before the situation spins out of hand. But of course that never works for the 'optics' of some moonbat political types.

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I believe in my God. My County. And Myself.

flag.jpg

I do not burn bridges.
I just loosen the bolts a bit every day.

Keep shooting until your target changes shape or catches fire.

#11 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 21,647

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 10:43 AM

This would be like a law requiring everyone to use only thei real names on the internet.

Or wear a star of David on their arm.....

• Flesh Wound likes this

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#12 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

• Member ID: 23,008

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 02:45 PM

We have had a law stating that adults could not wear mask here for years without any problem for any group.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

I am an analog guy in a digital world! KISS!!!

"The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies." Anita Blake

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1 (see also Psalms 18:34 and 2 Samuel 22:35)

"Great armies and navies are always tempted to fight the last war...Truly fearsome militaries prepare to fight the next war." Thomas & Barry, 2008

"It matters not that a man dies, for all men die. What matters is just what the man died for."

#13 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Member ID: 31,419

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 03:01 PM

For those having an issue with the law and the slippery-slope deal, I see your point but I'm ok with it. Except those numerous parties I attend where a mask on a stick is considered fashionable. Bit I really like the first comment in that link:

"Or, make it legal to beat the crap out of anyone wearing such garbage."

Signature:

This is my last build.

#14 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 05:44 PM

It's not necessary. While it's legal to walk down the street with a baseball bat in your hand, if you show up at a protest with one, the cops sort of know what you're up to, and when you do it, should be positioned to intercede, even if it does ramp up the urgency in which you do so. You show up at a protest with a mask, you should have cops in your hip pocket, and when you break the law, you're dealt with swiftly, efficiently, and without fanfare. The mask is part of the profile of someone who is about to break the law and try to get away with it. Invest in impact munitions, and activate mutual aid agreements. Bring in enough cops to swarm the area. Don't allow protests to take to the street, keep them from blocking streets or sidewalks. 

Departments are currently buying into the politically correct idea that you can allow someone to create a "little" mayhem. "Small riots" aren't an issue, until they are. If thugs in Klan hoods show up, let them protest on the sidewalk. They block traffic, pedestrian or vehicle, they go to jail same as Antifa thugs. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#15 OFFLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Member ID: 13,758

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 06:46 PM

They are going about it the wrong way. They are making it the business of the government to "keep people safe" and that never works. What they need to do is make it so if someone is injured or killed while wearing a mask, it is an affirmative and absolute defense to a murder or any other criminal charge and against civil actions for the person who killed or otherwise injured them.

Wear a mask, block traffic, become road pizza and the driver isn't charged with anything because you deserved it.

Wear a mask, "peacefully demonstrate" and if a cop or Citizen turns your head into an impressionist painting Picasso would have trouble interpreting, no charges, you deserved it.

Step into the local stop and rob wearing a mask and get shot down by the owner and the 6 other patrons in the store in a hail of gunfire, no one is charged, you deserved it.

It solves so many problems dealing with masks and it costs the government less money in the long run in less prosecution costs and court time, not to mention making the world a safer place, unless you are wearing a mask.

Seriously, the government helps no one when they create laws "prohibiting" some action, create a law that puts the power into the hands of the People and everyone comes out ahead.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#16 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Member ID: 26,113

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 06:49 PM

It won't be as effective as the bandanas, and may coe off if you get seaty beating up Christian Patriots,

Hammy, your point is ell taken, but if you are not planning doing some thing illegal,
there is no reason to hide your identity. The psychology of mob action is that you lose your indivdual identity,

The anonymity that ANTIFA craves is simply an artificial acceleration of this mob mentality.
Even when in smaller groups, they can fall prey to a mob mentality, because they can not be identified as an individual. 

My personal take is that they are simply cowards. I also think if they were unmasked, we would find the same "professional" core
of anarchists are showing up at these events and being provocateurs all over the country, and they do not want their conspiracy exposed. 

the thing is laws and morals should be set by society as a whole and when the gov makes laws against the will of society we have a problem. Unfortunately as patriots we may be forced to do something illegal fighting to preserve our society and countries values.

Signature:
Ill have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years. Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

#17 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Member ID: 26,113

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 06:50 PM

the thing is laws and morals should be set by society as a whole and when the gov makes laws against the will of society we have a problem. Unfortunately as patriots we may be forced to do something illegal fighting to preserve our society and countries values.

#18 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Member ID: 31,419

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 08:24 PM

https://www.breitbar...-unmasking-law/

"Unless it is Halloween, Mardi Gras, or some other kind of celebration, there is no legitimate reason to disguise who you are in public, unless you intend to do something illegal and do not wish to be identified."

NUZD532.jpg

Fixed it for ya.  :cool:

#19 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 10:09 PM

I caught that. 

In the interest of full disclosure, while I would not prefer it, I would not have a problem with a properly worded State statute that bans masking. 

There are all kinds of things you can do like specify the circumstances under which it is a crime. 

Just off the top of my head, re-write the Statute regarding when an assembly becomes unlawful to include when more than 5% or 10% of the people are masked.

When a bunch of punks show up as a masked mob, they are not there for anything good. 

What did Dirty Harry say about the guy he shot ?

"Well Mayor, when I see a naked guy with a h@rd0n and a butcher knife chasing a screaming woman down the street, I don't figure

he's collecting for the Salvation Army,

I don't have a huge fear that this would be some kind of nasty slippery anti-civil rights slope we would be headed down.

I would sleep just fine. Call me an idiot if you like. Since our kids can't where a Trump hat to school, I'm not gonna worry about these pukes

being emboldened to violence because they have gathered in a mob with their identities concealed. 

If I ever feel the need to engage in civil disobedience, I will guarantee you it will not be with a mask on.  Cowards is all they are.

I still think the the best thing is to arrest these punks (masked or not) when they block traffic, try to shut down someone else's free speech, etc, etc.

When they interfere with other people's rights is when their rights end. They need to live by the same laws everyone else does,

and not get a pass because they are commies.  When did our heroes become commies, anyay. I take naps sometimes, but I don't think I've been asleep that long. 

Right now the way the Left wing punks are being handled is that it is their free speech right to shut down someone else's free speech rights. Bullshite !

The politicians need to get gone, and elect someone who will let the Police do their jobs, and no worries re mask laws.

#20 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 10:11 PM

If I were investigating local ANTIFA activity in my town, I would be using some facial recognition software and start looking at 

videotapes from stores, banks, ATM's, etc. 

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center