• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,238

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 04:53 PM

http://dailycaller.c...s-trump-energy/

"Obama also banned sales of the 100-watt incandescent lightbulb in 2012 as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 was taking hold. Conservatives complained at the time, calling the bans an infringement on consumers’ rights to choose how they light their homes."

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#2 ONLINE   smb5769

smb5769

• Member ID: 12,498

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 05:15 PM

It really doesn't bother me except for the fact that those bulbs made good pump shed heaters in the wintertime. I'm glad we have LED bulbs now.
  • zoomy, ScoutnUSA and adamr19745 like this

Signature:
The liberties of our country, the freedoms of our civil Constitution are worth defending at all hazards; it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors. They purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood. It will bring a mark of everlasting infamy on the present generation enlightened as it is if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of designing men.
Samuel Adams

#3 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron
  • Member ID: 19,861

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 05:30 PM

It really doesn't bother me except for the fact that those bulbs made good pump shed heaters in the wintertime. I'm glad we have LED bulbs now.

My weed plants like a combo of the grow lights and the incandescent, it seems.

IDK, seem to get less males, and more dense buds when I started including those wavelengths...I'm almost out...

• Direwolf and Flesh Wound like this

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#4 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Group:Bronze Patron
  • Member ID: 26,245

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 05:32 PM

I use LED and compact fluorescents in my cave. But, I do indeed object to anyone telling me what lighting I cannot use.

• Pepper, zoomy and bamashooter like this

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I believe in my God. My County. And Myself.

flag.jpg

I do not burn bridges.
I just loosen the bolts a bit every day.

"Good times create weak men. Weak men create bad times. Bad times create strong men. Strong men create good times." 

#5 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Member ID: 26,245

IDK, seem to get less males, and more dense buds when I started including those wavelengths...I'm almost out...

:bellylaf:  :hysterical3:  :lol:

#6 ONLINE   smb5769

smb5769

Oh, I just about choked on this popsicle I'm eating. :segrin:

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
  • adamr19745 likes this

#7 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Member ID: 13,758

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 05:35 PM

:bellylaf:

What's next? Riding a bicycle, wearing yoga pants in a pride parade?

• bamashooter likes this

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

I mean if you are going to go potato go full potato.

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#8 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 05:46 PM

:bellylaf:  :hysterical3:  :lol:

Oh, I just about choked on this popsicle I'm eating. :segrin:

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

:bellylaf:

What's next? Riding a bicycle, wearing yoga pants in a pride parade?

:tiphat:               

Just checking to see if anyone was awake. 

It's one of those days, I guess.       :banger:

• adamr19745 likes this

#9 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 23,008

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 07:17 PM

About time, the only bulbs that do not give he headaches are incandescent.

• rasputin likes this

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

I am an analog guy in a digital world! KISS!!!

"The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies." Anita Blake

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1 (see also Psalms 18:34 and 2 Samuel 22:35)

"Great armies and navies are always tempted to fight the last war...Truly fearsome militaries prepare to fight the next war." Thomas & Barry, 2008

"It matters not that a man dies, for all men die. What matters is just what the man died for."

#10 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

• Member ID: 135

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 07:42 PM

I don't have any of those floresent bulbs.  I bought up a good supply of light bulbs before they disapeared and still using them.

• rasputin and j-dub like this

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   zoomy

zoomy

• Member ID: 21,935

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 08:05 PM

John, I never knew this side of your life.

#12 ONLINE   smb5769

smb5769

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 08:34 PM

The bad thing about CFL bulbs is RFI.

#13 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 33

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 09:00 PM

I don't have any of those floresent bulbs.  I bought up a good supply of light bulbs before they disapeared and still using them.

I also bought a bunch of light bulbs before the ban and still have plenty of them left.

• alpo likes this

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#14 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins
  • Member ID: 21

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 09:51 PM

I dislike the government getting involved in the free market system. I'd like to be free to make my own decisions. Yes, I like the idea of LED bulbs. I have almost all LED's in my home. I also have to have incans for my pump house in the winter, it takes 2 100w bulbs to ensure that the pressure switch doesn't freeze, and keeps the pressure tank at an even temp as well. They're on for 2-3 weeks every winter, and I had to buy "rough service" bulbs at 4x the price. I found out, those aren't "rough service", they're the old 100w incans with a much higher price tag. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#15 ONLINE   smb5769

smb5769

Posted Aug. 08 2018 - 10:01 PM

Oh boy. Rough service. They feel like messing someone over huh? I'm like you, I really didn't appreciate the government deciding it's in charge of micromanaging everything we do. Kinda like the forced digital TV transition. I didn't appreciate that much either. But I still like LED bulbs. Unfortunately I figure the price of them will go up if incandescents come back, cause most people are gonna go for the "cheapest" bulb right now, instead of the more expensive, but cheaper in the long run bulbs. Maybe I'm wrong. It is nice to have options though. I don't appreciate being told you can't have that by the nanny state.

#16 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Aug. 09 2018 - 05:06 AM

The bad thing about CFL bulbs is RFI.

Huh?

Speak more slowly please.

Besides the poor quality of light,

I always thought the dumbest thing about those curly Q fluorescent replacements was that they contained mercury.

How stupid is that ? 

OOOOOh  Radio Frequency interference, right ?

Now what's CFL ?

More coffee....

Compact fluorescent= CFL ?

Edited by Retcop, Aug. 09 2018 - 05:08 AM.

#17 ONLINE   smb5769

smb5769

Posted Aug. 09 2018 - 08:00 AM

Yes sir! This is a QST PDF on it. https://www.google.c...GCeLZSnJJ8TMjS-Evidently they found that some bulbs are dirtier than others.
  • alpo likes this

#18 OFFLINE   j-dub

j-dub

Zombie H-K

• Member ID: 5,140

Posted Aug. 09 2018 - 08:58 AM

you owe me a keyboard bud :lol:

MVRwJwj.gif

Signature:

#19 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Aug. 10 2018 - 04:36 AM

Oh boy. Rough service. They feel like messing someone over huh? I'm like you, I really didn't appreciate the government deciding it's in charge of micromanaging everything we do. Kinda like the forced digital TV transition. I didn't appreciate that much either. But I still like LED bulbs. Unfortunately I figure the price of them will go up if incandescents come back, cause most people are gonna go for the "cheapest" bulb right now, instead of the more expensive, but cheaper in the long run bulbs. Maybe I'm wrong. It is nice to have options though. I don't appreciate being told you can't have that by the nanny state.

I think the reverse.

The price of LED's should come down if they have to compete with incandescents...

No ?

#20 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Aug. 10 2018 - 04:42 AM

you owe me a keyboard bud :lol:

MVRwJwj.gif

Dude, weed is a spiritual miracle. 

Everyone should be doing bongs when their feet hit the floor getting out of bed in the morning

more at 11:11 AM and PM, and another the last thing before the hit the rack.

The world would be a better place, everyone at peace with the cosmos.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center