AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

Wolff Guide rod and recoil spring install....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bapple

Bapple

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 11,648

Posted Aug. 25 2008 - 05:51 PM

Just recieved my wolff guide rod and spring assembly. The kit comes with 3 different springs for my Glock 29. I know about two of them but the third (smallest of the springs in the kit) I'm not sure what it is or where it goes.

Anyone who has installed these kits on there G29 offer any help? Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   Bapple

Bapple

• Member ID: 11,648

Posted Aug. 25 2008 - 05:58 PM

I think I just answered my own question, think it's a new firing pin spring. If anyone can confirm, I'd appreciate. Sorry, this is my first glock :blink: :whistling: :blush:

#3 OFFLINE   Snapper

Snapper

• Group:New Members
  • Member ID: 11,631

Posted Aug. 25 2008 - 10:14 PM

I think I just answered my own question, think it's a new firing pin spring. If anyone can confirm, I'd appreciate. Sorry, this is my first glock :blink: :whistling: :blush:

yes they send a new striker or firing pin spring with the recoil spring. just ordered a 22lb spring and rod for my g20 today.

#4 OFFLINE   The_Shadow

The_Shadow

• Group:10mm Staff
  • Member ID: 10,723

Posted Aug. 26 2008 - 12:22 AM

Bapple, Snapper you got figured out!~ Striker spring is included with the Wolff springs, great to have just incase> :yes:

I'm using the Wolff recoil rod w/ 21 lb spring in my Glock 29 it functions great. :thumbsup:

May yours work well also! Be Safe!

Signature:
The
SHADOW

The "10mm" I'm Packin', Has The Bullets Wackin', Smakin' & The Slide is Rackin' & Jackin'!
NRA Life Member
Southeast, LoUiSiAna

#5 OFFLINE   Ivanko

Ivanko

• Member ID: 11,545

Posted Aug. 26 2008 - 09:01 AM

Bapple, Snapper you got figured out!~ Striker spring is included with the Wolff springs, great to have just incase> :yes:

I'm using the Wolff recoil rod w/ 21 lb spring in my Glock 29 it functions great. :thumbsup:

May yours work well also! Be Safe!

You know what's interesting is that I have read on other forums that the striker spring in the Wolff kit is the exact poundage as stock, however I have had NO hiccups since I put mine in. I had a few before that I mainly attribute to a filthy extractor and chamber, but maybe the Wolff spring is heavier? It didn't make sense to me that they would send a similar replacement in their kit, but what do I know. :why:

Signature:
Refrigerator's fear me.

#6 OFFLINE   Postquam

Postquam

• Member ID: 10,405

Posted Aug. 26 2008 - 08:53 PM

It's the standard-weight striker spring. On 1911s, you get a heavier firing pin spring when you get heavier recoil springs.

#7 OFFLINE   Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Member ID: 11,629

Posted Aug. 27 2008 - 01:37 PM

I got the same Wolff kit for Glock 20, also. Do I need to change the firing pin spring? Got guide and 22# spring and will be firing DT and Buffalo Bore. Thanks for any assistance. Ed

#8 OFFLINE   The_Shadow

The_Shadow

• Group:10mm Staff
  • Member ID: 10,723

Posted Aug. 27 2008 - 08:17 PM

Mr. Ed, Welcome to 10mmTalk! :welcome:

I got the same Wolff kit for Glock 20, also. Do I need to change the firing pin spring? Got guide and 22# spring and will be firing DT and Buffalo Bore. Thanks for any assistance. Ed

You may not need to change out the striker pin spring, but is is goot to have as a spare. If you do have any issues with miss fires from light primer strikes it is best to clean the striker and striker channel out, and re asymble, I wipe a light coating of oil on to the parts. If issues presist then replace the spring.

The guide rod and recoil spring will usually help with the slide velocities with heavier loadings such as DTand Buffalo Bore. Just be mindful the stronger spring rate will make racking the slide a little tougher, this can make self defensive situations more difficult.

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

#9 OFFLINE   Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Member ID: 11,629

Posted Aug. 28 2008 - 09:02 AM

Thanks Shadow, you answered my question. Since I keep my Glocks loaded and chambered, racking under stress is not an issue. :biggrin: Will heed your advise on the striker and striker channel. Ed

#10 OFFLINE   Postquam

Postquam

• Member ID: 10,405

Posted Sep. 03 2008 - 06:47 PM

A Glock's firing pin channel could be completely dry...not even a residue of oil.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center