ARMI F.LLI TANFOGLIO-GARDONE V.T. - ITALY

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   2kflhr

2kflhr

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 12,558

Posted Jun. 22 2009 - 07:54 PM

A coworker that knew I was inot guns told me he had an old .38 auto he wanted me to clean up. I thought .38 auto? Bring it to me and let me see what it is.

MOD. GT 380 XE CAL. 380 ACP

Can anyone share any information on this gun?

Posted Image

Edited by 2kflhr, Jun. 22 2009 - 08:20 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

Happy Hooker

• Member ID: 155

Posted Jun. 22 2009 - 08:39 PM

That appears to be a .380 Auto (short 9mm) not a .38 - there are .38 caliber autos - the .38 Super and Smith & Wesson made an auto loading target pistol that used a full wadcutter .38Spl - but your gun isn't a .38 Super or the .38 Spl.

Looks like a clone of the Beretta Tomcat. Decent little guns. Noneya probably has three dozen of them in his safe :laugh:

Signature:
My Klingon Warrior can beat up your Imperial Storm Trooper

I don't care if it's shaped like a penis and you gotta cradle the balls to grip it if it shoots realiably and Glocks do.

#3 OFFLINE   2kflhr

2kflhr

Posted Jun. 22 2009 - 08:42 PM

That appears to be a .380 Auto (short 9mm) not a .38 - there are .38 caliber autos - the .38 Super and Smith & Wesson made an auto loading target pistol that used a full wadcutter .38Spl - but your gun isn't a .38 Super or the .38 Spl.

Looks like a clone of the Beretta Tomcat. Decent little guns. Noneya probably has three dozen of them in his safe :laugh:

I was aware it was a .380 as soon as I took it from the bag. It's seems to be in pretty good shape other than the slide and hammer being really tight.

#4 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

Happy Hooker

Posted Jun. 22 2009 - 09:01 PM

I was aware it was a .380 as soon as I took it from the bag. It's seems to be in pretty good shape other than the slide and hammer being really tight.

By "really tight" what do you mean - the slide doesn't move freely on the rails, or it just has a heavy recoil and main spring?

#5 OFFLINE   2kflhr

2kflhr

Posted Jun. 22 2009 - 09:47 PM

By "really tight" what do you mean - the slide doesn't move freely on the rails, or it just has a heavy recoil and main spring?

If you attempt to pull the slide back with hammer down it takes a good grip and a real hard pull. Even just pulling the hammer back is hard. If the hammer is back and cocked the slide operates fairly easy though. I just pulled the grips off and soaked her down with CPL. It appears this gun has never seen the likes of oil and has some slight surface rust on the internal components. I'll let her soak for the night.

#6 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

Happy Hooker

Posted Jun. 23 2009 - 02:31 PM

Could be rust, but the hammer is probably difficult to cock thanks to a heavy mainspring + maybe some corrosion. Pull the grips off and take a peak to see how the mainspring is setup - and see if it's rusty. Those little guns can be a bear to cock or cycle the slide on because of it. My dad had a little Beretta .22shot tilt-barrel single action - gun disappeared in the palm of your hand. It was a real PITA to operate the slide or hammer because they were so small, and the mainspring had to be around 20lbs on that thing. :unsure:

Lube 'er up and shoot er for sure.

#7 OFFLINE   3boxesofbs

3boxesofbs

• Group:New Members
  • Member ID: 15,729

Posted Jun. 25 2009 - 03:54 PM

A coworker that knew I was inot guns told me he had an old .38 auto he wanted me to clean up. I thought .38 auto? Bring it to me and let me see what it is.

MOD. GT 380 XE CAL. 380 ACP

Can anyone share any information on this gun?

Posted Image

These guns were imported by Excam Inc. in Florida during the 80s. Tanfoglio is no longer producing them and parts are getting very scarce for them.

Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas has some parts, but those parts may not be for the version you have.
http://www.gun-parts.com/excam/

Apparently, there were changes in the parts at some point and not all the parts work with the different versions.

I know there are 2 different styles of firing pins for example. And magazines may not work as well.

I received one as an inheritance when my father passed.

If your friend is interested in selling, I wouldn't mind discussing price. I'm looking for parts to keep my father's gun in working condition.

If have the owner's manual in PDF form if you would like a copy or would want more information.

#8 OFFLINE   2kflhr

2kflhr

Posted Jun. 27 2009 - 12:09 PM

If have the owner's manual in PDF form if you would like a copy or would want more information.

I'm sure he has no paperwork on it and would like to have the OM.

I'm not sure if he's interested in selling it but will ask.

#9 OFFLINE   gtn210

gtn210

• Member ID: 16,819

Posted Sep. 29 2009 - 05:54 PM

These guns were imported by Excam Inc. in Florida during the 80s. Tanfoglio is no longer producing them and parts are getting very scarce for them.

Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas has some parts, but those parts may not be for the version you have.

Apparently, there were changes in the parts at some point and not all the parts work with the different versions.

I know there are 2 different styles of firing pins for example. And magazines may not work as well.

If your friend is interested in selling, I wouldn't mind discussing price. I'm looking for parts to keep my father's gun in working condition.

#10 OFFLINE   gtn210

gtn210

Posted Sep. 29 2009 - 06:00 PM

I just registered and logged in. I see where you have the manual for the GT380XE in PDF form. Would it be possible to get an e-mailed copy?
Thanks in advance.

#11 OFFLINE   gtn210

gtn210

Posted Sep. 29 2009 - 06:04 PM

Being new to this site, I submitted a request for aq copy of your PDF manual for the Tanfoglio GT380XE but didn't include my e-mail address. It is gtn210@bellsouth.net.
Thanks

#12 OFFLINE   gunfan

gunfan

• Group:Banned
  • Member ID: 9,073

Posted Sep. 29 2009 - 08:04 PM

These are wonderful pistols with alloy frames. When in good working condition, these single-action .380 pistols provide excellent service! While not quite as refined as Beretta's offerings, they are as good as any of the mainstream offerings from Italy. If it can be made to run, and it isn't excessively damaged by corrosion, The handgun should provide a decent level of service.

Scott

#13 OFFLINE   jhardluck

jhardluck

• Member ID: 17,275

Posted Nov. 08 2009 - 12:27 PM

I was just given one of these guns by my father. If you can please send me a copy of the owners manual I would appreciate it. My email is jhardluck@gmail.com. As far as the person talking about how tight the spring is, mine is the same way. Seems to be a nice gun though.

#14 OFFLINE   jhardluck

jhardluck

• Member ID: 17,275

Posted Nov. 12 2009 - 07:18 PM

Please does anyone know where I can get an owners manual.

#15 OFFLINE   gunfan

gunfan

• Group:Banned
  • Member ID: 9,073

Posted Nov. 20 2009 - 02:18 PM

If you contact Tanfoglio of Italy, perhaps you can obtain an Owners Manual. A parts list is probably available from Numerich Gun Parts of West Hurley, New York. I wish you well in your quest.

Scott

#16 OFFLINE   gtn210

gtn210

Posted Dec. 09 2009 - 07:37 PM

#17 OFFLINE   gtn210

gtn210

Posted Dec. 09 2009 - 07:57 PM

I'm new to this forum and the posting procedures appear somewhat complicated. I previously posted a reply to your post requesting a PDF copy of your GT-380 manual. Now I am not sure how to find the manual if you posted it. My e-mail is gtn210@bellsouth.net.(This may be redundent, but I'm not sure how to check if my previous post was posted0.

Thanks

#18 OFFLINE   NevadaTom201

NevadaTom201

• Member ID: 18,410

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 07:13 PM

What's the verdict on these guns? Good/bad? What do you think a fair price would be for a used one?

#19 OFFLINE   Cruz1976

Cruz1976

• Member ID: 19,320

Posted Apr. 03 2010 - 01:39 AM

[font="Garamond"]I actually own one myself and I too find it a very hard gun to cycle. But, that's something I like. It's nice knowing it's a nice tight gun. I also have difficulty finding parts. almost no one knows anything about the gun. If you are keeping the gun, keep it clean and it should be a great target gun. I am not a hunter yet and only do shooting at targets and clay pigeons (discs). I did find a exploded schematic for it and if you still need this just let me konw... leave a post with your e-mail. Thanks. Hope this helps.

Edited by Cruz1976, Apr. 03 2010 - 01:41 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   ioseric

ioseric

• Member ID: 28,283

Posted Feb. 17 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hope I'm not to late to provide you some answers 

The EA380 is same pistol as the Tangfolio - Excam 380 Auto GT only named differenty.

The PDF file is an exact match to my Tangfolio - Excam 380 Auto GT.

Go to European American Armory web site eaacorp.com and under manuals you will find the EA380. Same pistol as the GT380. Manual can be downloaded and parts are available.

If you have any problems let me know. Maybe I could email the PDF to you.

--Eric in Central N.C.

Edited by ioseric, Feb. 17 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center