• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Predator Hunting Super Freak

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 3,546

Posted Sep. 21 2009 - 01:08 AM

So with my pending move back to MO after being gone for quite some time I went looking to see if silencers were legal in MO. Since I am leaving California I was hopeful I could finally own one. No such luck. But at least I will be able to carry concealed!

Signature:

~ Heath

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

#2 ONLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff
  • Member ID: 6,696

Contributor

Posted Sep. 21 2009 - 08:29 AM

So with my pending move back to MO after being gone for quite some time I went looking to see if silencers were legal in MO. Since I am leaving California I was hopeful I could finally own one. No such luck. But at least I will be able to carry concealed!

That sucks dude, but at least it is a move in the right direction.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Hold My Beer and Watch This!

• Group:Administrator
  • Member ID: 1

Contributor

Posted Sep. 21 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yea I think you can have them as a collectible or ornament only.

However you can SBR though, :nt:

Signature:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed
Second Amendment to the US Constitution December 15th 1791

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.
Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787

#4 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Sep. 21 2009 - 11:08 PM

Yea I think you can have them as a collectible or ornament only.

However you can SBR though, :nt:

You know, I've never owned a SBR! :nt: :thumb:

#5 ONLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff
  • Member ID: 6,696

Contributor

Posted Sep. 21 2009 - 11:34 PM

You know, I've never owned a SBR! :nt: :thumb:

Going to get to shoot mine tomorrow. Get the sights set in. I even got one of those funky little came that I can mount on the side and get the barrles point of view. Will post pics tomorrow.

#6 OFFLINE   CZ-75

CZ-75

• Member ID: 401

Posted Sep. 23 2009 - 08:09 PM

I believe any FFL in MO can acquire a silencer.

You should check into getting a Curio and Relic license... I heard that works.

but check into it before you start buying!

#7 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Sep. 24 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thanks, I will look into it. I am also considering looking into doing Animal Damage Control work there if I could then get the permit for a silencer.

#8 OFFLINE   CZ-75

CZ-75

• Member ID: 401

Posted Sep. 24 2009 - 09:04 PM

Thanks, I will look into it. I am also considering looking into doing Animal Damage Control work there if I could then get the permit for a silencer.

I'm almost 100% certain that MNissouri recently (within the past few years) started allowing dealers to acquire silencers. If I remember correctly, even your average Joe with a Type 03 FFL (simple C&R FFL license, not to be confused with a Type 3 SOT aka "class 3 dealer") can get one.

My source is a Police Captain in MO... but it was from a couple years ago, so the loophole may have closed.

#9 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Sep. 24 2009 - 11:06 PM

That would be FANTASTIC. I have a C&R permit application on my desk I am going to submit as soon as I am moved to MO.

#10 OFFLINE   lynxpilot

lynxpilot

• Group:New Members
  • Member ID: 16,956

Posted Oct. 11 2009 - 08:12 PM

That would be FANTASTIC. I have a C&R permit application on my desk I am going to submit as soon as I am moved to MO.

My first post here. Same boat. I have my C&R app filled out to be mailed tomorrow. Law says you must be FFL Licensed, which includes C&R. Don't forget to do the Form 1 as well (another $200).

I just bought a night scope and would like a suppressor to be able to shoot at night without disturbing the area too much. Lots of coyotes here and I have sheep and cattle.

I'll be making my own suppressor. I have a shop myself and friends from work have any possible thing I don't have, so it'll be a cinch. Will order adjustable gas block tonight. My dedicated night machine is a DPMS LR308 AP4.

#11 OFFLINE   lynxpilot

lynxpilot

Posted Oct. 11 2009 - 08:54 PM

My second post here. Not 5 minutes after typing the first post, I thought I'd go 'scope' out the pasture, and sure as the nose on my face a coyote is making a dash toward the area where I keep sheep. I had to chamber a round and couldn't believe he was still in the area when I brought the aim back up. Took a shot and couldn't see the result after the recoil (it's night time). Took the flashlight out where I shot and he was DRT with a shot right between his eyes. Was about a 75 yd shot. I had only sighted in the night scope with the cap on the front using the peep hole and didn't have a chance to sight it at night. Guess it was OK where it was.

#12 OFFLINE   lynxpilot

lynxpilot

Posted Oct. 11 2009 - 09:30 PM

Linky: http://www.cowskincr...s/coyoteweb.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Oct. 11 2009 - 09:47 PM

Welcome to the forums! I'm always glad to see another predator hunter join up. Nice shooting! From the picture it looks like an adult coyote you took.

#14 OFFLINE   GUN NUT

GUN NUT

• Group:Members*
  • Member ID: 7,634

Posted Oct. 25 2009 - 07:30 AM

YOU CAN HAVE SUPPRESSORS IN MISSOURI! AS some others have said, you have to get a Curios and Relics FFL, then apply for the tax stamp for the suppressor or the SBR. OR BOTH! Missouri started allowing suppressors over a year ago, A friend of mine manufactures some here in Springfield.

#15 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Oct. 25 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Gun Nut, I just recently discovered that. To say I am tickled is a huge under statement. We're a few short months from the move OUT of California. While waiting for the our arrival in Missouri so I can submit my C & R paperwork I am stuck trying to decide which calibers get a can first. As of right now I have settled on initially getting one for a rifle and one for a pistol.

For the pistol I am looking at getting one for my Glock 20. With a new barrel for my wife's Glock 23 that can could serve more than one weapon. For the rifle can I am still trying to decide. If I can hunt with a silencer I'd likely start with my 6 x 47 on my favorite coyote rifle. That can then could also be screwed my my AR with a 6 x45 platform on it. The Lapua Mag could sure use some noise taming, but I don't shoot it as often as some of the others. The 260 and 308 would also be great choices for a new silencer. Just too many choices!!

#16 OFFLINE   peabody

peabody

• Member ID: 16,898

Posted Oct. 25 2009 - 12:01 PM

welcome back to missouri.

what made you decide to leave kalifornia ?

peabody

ozarks

Signature:
dissipator love !

#17 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Oct. 25 2009 - 12:43 PM

welcome back to missouri.

what made you decide to leave kalifornia ?

Completion of military obligation. I am retired and my wife retires in February. As soon as she does we're on the way back home.

#18 OFFLINE   peabody

peabody

• Member ID: 16,898

Posted Oct. 26 2009 - 12:38 AM

Completion of military obligation. I am retired and my wife retires in February. As soon as she does we're on the way back home.

i welcome you back to the show-me ! :thumb:

peabody

#19 OFFLINE   smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

Posted Jan. 01 2010 - 11:42 PM

This entire topic has been a real eye opener for me. I've learned a lot and will begin the process to secure a can right after I arrive. One of my hunting buddies is a Highway Patrol in the county where I will live so I will hit him up to talk to the sheriff for me. Hopefully he will sign off on it so I don't have to do the end run around him. Thanks to all those who have been such a huge help and source of information. You guys rock. :thumb:

#20 OFFLINE   smullen

smullen

• Member ID: 19,584

Posted Apr. 28 2010 - 09:58 PM

Check out C& S Metal Werks in St. Charles, Ken the owner is a great Guy and a master Gunsmith/Machinist...

He will guide you though the process of getting your C&R and aquiring a can....

He can sell you a Gemtech, YHM or something of the like, (or make one) and he can thread your Barrels for the adapter, if they are not can ready...

I've got a decent .308 that I toyed with the idea of putting a can on... By the time your all said and done, your upwards of 800.00 I think...

Signature:
"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

PACK LaRue

NRA Endowment Life Member

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center