24 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Hold My Beer and Watch This!

• Group:Administrator
  • Member ID: 1

Contributor

Posted Jan. 21 2010 - 08:59 PM

Well I have my DPMS SBR finally completed. I set this Rifle up for Jen to shoot.
Here is what I have on it:
Upper
DPMS A3 Upper with
Chrome Moly Barrel 11.5"
Chrome Lined 1:9 twist
M4 feed ramps Barrel.
M16 Chrome BCG
Panther

Lower
DMPS Lower

Accessories
ARMS 22 mount with Spacer
Gear Sector two point sling
Gear Sector Rail 1" Mount
Midwest Industries Rail
Surefire M900
Aimpoint ML3
LMT Ambi Selector
KAS rail covers
Vltor Mil Spec Stock

Here is my starter
Posted Image

Upper and BCG
Posted Image

Ramps and Chamber
Posted Image

Barrel Marked Chrome Lined
Posted Image

Midwest Industries Rails
Posted Image

Surefire M900A
Posted Image

Finished Product
Posted Image

Signature:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed
Second Amendment to the US Constitution December 15th 1791

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.
Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787

#2 OFFLINE   Griffon

Griffon

• Group:Members
  • Member ID: 17,613

Posted Jan. 21 2010 - 10:00 PM

NICE, I'm getting hooked on those SBR's. Not going to be long until I biuld one me thinkin.

#3 OFFLINE   AnonymousD

AnonymousD

• Member ID: 6,830

Posted Jan. 21 2010 - 10:02 PM

Nice.

You sure thats a 10.5 inch bbl? My 10.5 has the muzzle closer to the front sight.

#4 ONLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Contributor

Posted Jan. 21 2010 - 11:56 PM

Nice.

You sure thats a 10.5 inch bbl? My 10.5 has the muzzle closer to the front sight.

Nope it is not, it is a 11.5" why the heck I typed 10.5" is beyond me. I guess I was looking or thinking of the other one.

#5 OFFLINE   AnonymousD

AnonymousD

• Member ID: 6,830

Posted Jan. 21 2010 - 11:58 PM

I knew I wasnt crazy. lol

So when you gonna start putting some Magpul stuff on it? :laugh:

#6 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 33

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 12:01 AM

Looks good.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#7 OFFLINE   CZ-75

CZ-75

• Group:Gold Patron
  • Member ID: 401

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 12:03 AM

Precisely the way God intended.

Well done!

#8 OFFLINE   GUNSNOB

GUNSNOB

a/k/aStagModel4

• Member ID: 28,567

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 10:32 AM

very nice NW.

#9 OFFLINE   GUNMAN556

GUNMAN556

• Group: Ban of Shame
  • Member ID: 16,523

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 11:45 AM

Very nice ,and great choice on the accessories! I finally changed out the barrel on that M4 you saw to a 1:7 chrome lined and man the difference is night and day as far as accuracy between the barrels. I guess thats what happens when you get a GOOD QUALITY barrel like you said! Thanks NW for the advice! I am saving up for an ARMS rail system now. So as the M4 now sits it has the following:

RRA lower w/NM trigger
6pos DPMS stock(for the moment,waiting on CTR/UBR to get here (one for me and one for Chelle)
FN Contract upper
Chrome lined 1:7 LW barrel
KAC RAS w/VFG(also KAC)until I save up for an ARMS
ARMS 40L BUIS
Leupold 2x optic on a Larue mount
Magpul Pmags x20
Magpul ASAP
We got Chelles build started and so far we got a RRA lower w/NM trigger that she put together herself,a MIAD grip, one of my old RRA upper recievers w/the barrel that was on my M4 when you last saw it, a Strike fire, a ARMS 40 BUIS,a budget quadrail(not UTG but cant remember who it was made by)for now until i get my ARMS and she will get the KAC. I gave her one of the spare chrome BCG'sthat we had in the box of parts (RRA),and shes using an old A2 stock I had laying around for now until the others get here. She likes it but says she wants a LMT Defender like ours and threatens to take mine but we all know thats not happening! Her thing was "Well both you and Neil have one so I want one too and if you wont get me one or build me one then I will take yours out of the safe since you never shoot it anymore anyway."
Thanks alot man,in the little time she talked to you the household BRD case has went through the roof,and she HAS to have a LMT know. Im going to be broke for a long time to come!I guess its ok since it will justify me in finally getting the other stuff I want! We will be back in your neck of the woods in Feb. the 6-8 and the last weekend also for shows. The first is at the armory and the last is at the 4H center again. Hope we can hang out a little and if the weather is nice go to the local range. James said he will be there also( I gotta get some brass from him and drop off some loaded rounds for him.) We will be in Ferdinand this weekend for the gun show if you can make it come on down and I will have a pass for ya.

Signature:
I am a Thief and a Liar, so I have been Banned from the Armory.

#10 ONLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Contributor

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 04:21 PM

I knew I wasnt crazy. lol

So when you gonna start putting some Magpul stuff on it? :laugh:

When pigs fly and cows square dance.

Very nice ,and great choice on the accessories! I finally changed out the barrel on that M4 you saw to a 1:7 chrome lined and man the difference is night and day as far as accuracy between the barrels. I guess thats what happens when you get a GOOD QUALITY barrel like you said! Thanks NW for the advice! I am saving up for an ARMS rail system now. So as the M4 now sits it has the following:

RRA lower w/NM trigger
6pos DPMS stock(for the moment,waiting on CTR/UBR to get here (one for me and one for Chelle)
FN Contract upper
Chrome lined 1:7 LW barrel
KAC RAS w/VFG(also KAC)until I save up for an ARMS
ARMS 40L BUIS
Leupold 2x optic on a Larue mount
Magpul Pmags x20
Magpul ASAP
We got Chelles build started and so far we got a RRA lower w/NM trigger that she put together herself,a MIAD grip, one of my old RRA upper recievers w/the barrel that was on my M4 when you last saw it, a Strike fire, a ARMS 40 BUIS,a budget quadrail(not UTG but cant remember who it was made by)for now until i get my ARMS and she will get the KAC. I gave her one of the spare chrome BCG'sthat we had in the box of parts (RRA),and shes using an old A2 stock I had laying around for now until the others get here. She likes it but says she wants a LMT Defender like ours and threatens to take mine but we all know thats not happening! Her thing was "Well both you and Neil have one so I want one too and if you wont get me one or build me one then I will take yours out of the safe since you never shoot it anymore anyway."
Thanks alot man,in the little time she talked to you the household BRD case has went through the roof,and she HAS to have a LMT know. Im going to be broke for a long time to come!I guess its ok since it will justify me in finally getting the other stuff I want! We will be back in your neck of the woods in Feb. the 6-8 and the last weekend also for shows. The first is at the armory and the last is at the 4H center again. Hope we can hang out a little and if the weather is nice go to the local range. James said he will be there also( I gotta get some brass from him and drop off some loaded rounds for him.) We will be in Ferdinand this weekend for the gun show if you can make it come on down and I will have a pass for ya.

What take the LMT!! I don't think so, tell her she better be happy with the RRA cause it is always better than nothing.:lol:

Ferdinard is close enough let me see what is going on, it changes here day by day.

#11 OFFLINE   nitehawk

nitehawk

• Member ID: 7,823

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 08:30 PM

Beautiful :thumb: You make me so jealous :oh yea: :)

#12 OFFLINE   coolsteve

coolsteve

• Member ID: 17,108

Posted Jan. 22 2010 - 09:59 PM

Man that is really nice looking. Great job! :thumb:

Signature:
NRA Life Member

#13 ONLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

• Group:Senior Staff
  • Member ID: 5,622

Contributor

Posted Jan. 23 2010 - 08:48 PM

Neil,

That is a sweet looking setup! It has a very nice finish. Jen should enjoy shooting it.

Very nice!

Signature:
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
George Carlin

My State is BIGGER than yours!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

#14 OFFLINE   hsracer201

hsracer201

• Member ID: 215

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 09:18 AM

looks real nice, boss. :thumb:

#15 OFFLINE   GUNMAN556

GUNMAN556

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 11:19 AM

When pigs fly and cows square dance.

What take the LMT!! I don't think so, tell her she better be happy with the RRA cause it is always better than nothing.:lol:

Ferdinard is close enough let me see what is going on, it changes here day by day.

I showed her your post and she said thats fine she is happy for now,but she does want a LMT. Then she said to tell you that she will just take yours. :laugh:

#16 ONLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Contributor

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 01:34 PM

I showed her your post and she said thats fine she is happy for now,but she does want a LMT. Then she said to tell you that she will just take yours. :laugh:

:sad: I don't think so, mine are all locked up tight.

:laugh:

#17 OFFLINE   GUNMAN556

GUNMAN556

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 01:51 PM

Mine are too now! She meant taking yours from you not your house or safe. She was just giving you shat she says and would never try to really do that to ya and hi BTW. I told her a mans favorite weapon was no joking matter, and I as IM sure you would too kill anyone who harmed or tried taking it! She said she really likes the new SBR and she is jelous. I told her we all are.Now she wants one made from a LMT like mine and yours,s now I gotta save yet more $ and you know how hard that is for me.lol. I told her to go dance on a pole or something and earn her own $ to build her own(wouldnt ever let that happen!) Hope all is good and life is treating you well man! See ya soon.

#18 ONLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Contributor

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 03:11 PM

Mine are too now! She meant taking yours from you not your house or safe. She was just giving you shat she says and would never try to really do that to ya and hi BTW. I told her a mans favorite weapon was no joking matter, and I as IM sure you would too kill anyone who harmed or tried taking it! She said she really likes the new SBR and she is jelous. I told her we all are.Now she wants one made from a LMT like mine and yours,s now I gotta save yet more $ and you know how hard that is for me.lol. I told her to go dance on a pole or something and earn her own $ to build her own(wouldnt ever let that happen!) Hope all is good and life is treating you well man! See ya soon.

Dude you know the only thing worse than a heat seeking Missile?

A woman who is on a mission to posses something, I think you better get a bigger vault and a room with a security system and watch dogs.

#19 OFFLINE   scotto

scotto

I come from the land of the ice and snow,

• Group:Tribesmen
  • Member ID: 1,066

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 03:19 PM

Freeking awesome Neil!! I got-ta show my son this.. :thumb:

Dang it,,, now I want one..
I got-ta show my son this.. when is fathers day anyway :rolleyes:

Signature:

#20 OFFLINE   GUNMAN556

GUNMAN556

Posted Jan. 25 2010 - 06:58 PM

Dude you know the only thing worse than a heat seeking Missile?

A woman who is on a mission to posses something, I think you better get a bigger vault and a room with a security system and watch dogs.

:lolabove: Isnt that the truth! :laugh: Well we got ADT,I better change the code. The vault is in the bunker and we sure as hell got enough dogs! My english bulldog will protect them from her (yea right he would just lick her to death). I better change the combo to the safe in my room huh

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center