Hello all, I’m a new member and just wanted to start by saying this is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people!
I am a deputy sheriff and recently purchased my first AR to use on duty. I would really appreciate any advice I could get on a couple of different things I am looking for. My weapon is a Bushmaster Optics Ready Carbine. I have a EoTech 512 already mounted on it. I am pretty happy with the gun and sight but want to make some changes. As I said I am a deputy so cost is an issue but, I don’t want a POS that will fail when I need it either!
1. I am looking for a good picatinny (1913?) style foregrip at a reasonable price.
2. I want a good weapons light with a tape switch. I realize this is gonna cost me!
3. I was looking at a green laser in case my optics fail but after reading other post I am now interested in a set of flip up iron sights that can be mounted on the bushmaster O.R.C. without gunsmithing. Maybe that mounts on the foregrip and flat top receiver?
4. I would also like a good vertical grip compatible with the tape switch.
5. Finally a good one or two point sling and mounts that will not catch up on my duty belt and will not tangle in my over the head cage rack in my patrol car.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE!!!