AR15Armory.com

LMT VS RRA

Fire2007

I'm in the market (still) for a Ar15. I thought I wad set on buying a RRA till I was reading something online and came across the LMT. Does anyone have any input on which one would be a better buy. This would be a defense weapon for if and when the s!@# fan :thumb:

I have 3 Rock Rivers the shoot very well, I think the LMT is more $$$

Not really. The Rock River I just got in today is pretty much set up like a LMT CQB. If you priced it out, about $1500. The LMT's are around $1600. If the Rock River hadn't of been on sale, I'd have a new LMT versus Rock River.

My patrol rifle is a RRA....it's ok....but the department got a deal on them, and that's pretty much the only reason we have 'em..

But, ALL of my personal rifles are LMT. They are my go to rifles if SHTF. I have them with varying equipment on them, from mild to wild. They all run flawless...

For defense go LMT, for a range rifle go RRA...

I personally have never had a RRA. But, I do have a LMT MRP and wouldn't take nothing for it. I love that you can change calibers without changing uppers. Its a fantastic rifle to put rounds down range and you gotta love the sopmod stock. I can't wait to see how it shoots with the 6.8 barrel. After that, Surefire suppressor here I come!

I'd say get whatever you can afford and which ever you like best. I purchased mine for under 1600 NIB. Look at kentuckygunco.com.

LMT is mil spec and top supplier to DOD, RRA is a good weapon but not in the class of LMT.

kicker6861 Posted Today, 6:43 PM

My patrol rifle is a RRA....it's ok....but the department got a deal on them, and that's pretty much the only reason we have 'em..

But, ALL of my personal rifles are LMT. They are my go to rifles if SHTF. I have them with varying equipment on them, from mild to wild. They all run flawless...

:thumb:

kicker6861 Posted Today, 6:43 PM

:thumb:

[/quote

I'm heading more and more towards the LMT.

I'm heading more and more towards the LMT.

go with either lmt bcm or daniel defense. remember the dea got the rra because they were the lowest bidder not because they had the better rifle. rra isnt bad but for just a little more money you have a weapon that you wont have to upgrade. call me an equipment snob but you get what you pay for. and i dont own either of the two.