AR15Armory.com

Powder Dispenser/measure

Seanhagerty

Based on your CC write ups, I am guessing that you are much better at planning testing than I am. Would you care to write up the procedure for us?

Well I'll accommodate you on that. I'll start a new thread and that way everyone can chime in on their methods. I bet that every one of us will learn something if everyone is willing to contribute.

Greg

Edited by GLShooter

Well, I threw varget with it this morning. I loaded up 50 rounds as fast as I could seat a bullet and measure the OAL. The dispenser scale threw a heavy charge about 1 out of every 7 or 8 throws. I just dumped them back in the hopper and threw another charge. I like this already.

Sean

Well, I threw varget with it this morning. I loaded up 50 rounds as fast as I could seat a bullet and measure the OAL. The dispenser scale threw a heavy charge about 1 out of every 7 or 8 throws. I just dumped them back in the hopper and threw another charge. I like this already.

Sean

I think you will find different powders will show a different consistency. The ball stuff seems real smooth in measuring while the big rod stuff goes nuts sometimes.

Greg

I had thought varget would be tough. I was pretty happy with how fast and consistent it was. I watched when it was trickling and could see how it was having difficulty with the long rods. Still I was very happy with teh way it dropped those charges.

This thing was easy to set up and use. I had one problem with the digital readout going haywire. I finally figured out I had my cell phone laying next to it. I moved it to the other side of the bench and all was well.

The directions say to be leary of flourescent lights and to let it warm up for "7 minutes" before use. I haven't turned it off since I turned it on. The flourescent light issue is apparently not as big a deal as they thought..... Mine arent bothering it.

I did shoot an email to the customer service folks last night to ask about adjusting trickle speed etc. I reallly didnt expect much of a response. I got a reply email this morning. I was pretty happy to see that. It bodes well for a company to be that quick to reply to a customers query.

OK, this works well after one use. Based on this, I would make a positive recoomendation to purchase this item. The price is right, Natchez lists for about $165. I will give an update as I use this more.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up on the Smartreloader ISD dispenser scale combo:

I am sending it back.

Several times it has locked up. I tried turning it off, restarting it..nothing worked. I called Natchez and explained the issue, they said send it back. I told them I would and I wanted to upgrade to an RCBS. They said send it back and they would upgrade me. (As long as I paid the difference.)

I had high hopes for this system. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or if this indicates a benchmark of their system. I am not going to find out.

RCBS bound.....

Follow up on the Smartreloader ISD dispenser scale combo:

I am sending it back.

Several times it has locked up. I tried turning it off, restarting it..nothing worked. I called Natchez and explained the issue, they said send it back. I told them I would and I wanted to upgrade to an RCBS. They said send it back and they would upgrade me. (As long as I paid the difference.)

I had high hopes for this system. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or if this indicates a benchmark of their system. I am not going to find out.

RCBS bound.....

Well you gave it a shot. Maybe I ought to send 'em a letter and offer to test drive one for the board for a comparison.

Looking forward to see what you think of the RCBS.

Greg

I was pretty dissapointed on a lot of fronts.

The system was inconsistent in throw times, some throws would take 20 sec, some would take 60 sec. All for the same charge weight, right after each other. It was driving me crazy

I did like the hopper drain. I was able to empty the hopper completely when I desired to do so, although I had to move the system to the edge of the bench to drain it to the original powder container.

Even though I followed the instructions to the letter, and the change was verified, the adjustments for trickle speed seemed to have no effect on the overall time to throw.

Smartreloading's customer service was responsive. I asked for information and they had me a response via email with in 12 hours.

Overall, I say "no purchase" on this item.

Ah well, live and learn.

Greg, If you send me your RCBS system, I will send you this one......

The system was inconsistent in throw times, some throws would take 20 sec, some would take 60 sec. All for the same charge weight, right after each other. It was driving me crazy

I did like the hopper drain. I was able to empty the hopper completely when I desired to do so, although I had to move the system to the edge of the bench to drain it to the original powder container.

Even though I followed the instructions to the letter, and the change was verified, the adjustments for trickle speed seemed to have no effect on the overall time to throw.

Smartreloading's customer service was responsive. I asked for information and they had me a response via email with in 12 hours.

Ah well, live and learn.

i have the RCBS 750 and it does the job like it is supposed to. I noticed it needs to warm for a few minutes, but I have only used it in my Wisconsin garage during the winter with a spaceheater. It reads just fine after a few minutes of being on. You should be happy with their scale

Ah well, live and learn.

LOL, Well I started with a PACT and I'll probably die with a PACT. I'm getting so old the LCD's will fade out about the time I kick the bucket. When mine came out RCBS was doing just like Dillon. They were buying PACT's and re-badging them like a Rodeo and a Passport. Same thing just different label.

Greg

I just pulled the trigger on this. More to follow.

I'v had a RCBS digi and charging system for about a year and a case prep station, they are great an your hands aren't worn out from brass prep too when you are done also when you get your system down, you can prime with power and seat your bullets in one fast process...google for best price catch the sells... :flea: