davidkachel

Watch out! I am cheating you on my 1006.

Some time ago I posted here that I had just bought a 1006 for $400 and asked if I had gotten a good deal or not. The consensus was that I had... and a half.

Since then I have decided to list it for sale on GA and today some idiot who saw the listing accused me of trying to cheat him because he had previously read here that I paid $400 for it and he was upset that I would ask $800 when I had so little in it.

Apparently I just met the reason for the famous John Wayne quote: "Life is hard. Its even harder if you're stupid!"

Well, Heck I wouldn't give you over $400 for it either! :sad: You're a scammer! and should be ashammed of yourself for trying to sell the perfect gun that you got for a steel! :nt:

By the way...if you sell it you will regret if for the rest of your days! And rightly so! :devil:

Good luck but in the end you will be the looser! :bonkhead:

For what you paid I'd keep it, but if you can double your money God bless you. I see no problem as long as the gun is safe and in the condition as advertised.

This may need to be in the FFL items section. :unsure:

...By the way...if you sell it you will regret if for the rest of your days!

You are probably right, but it doesn't fit with my (relatively) new policy of: 1911's and S&W DA revolvers only.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but even my .22 hunting pistol is now a 22/45 Ruger.

Federal Firearms License???

He isn't listing it for sale here, he is merely commenting on a response he got on where he did list it for sale.

Any one gives you crap about the price, say you bought it as an investment and are treating it as such.

I can not believe the nerve. You mean you actually expect to sell the gun for what it is worth? That seems CRAZY.

About 10 years ago I had a guy offer to sell me a 1006 for $450. Like a dumb arse, I didn't buy it. Now I haven't seen one around for less than $750, and that was the price from a few years ago. last time I looked for one. I wonder what that turd would say if you offered to pay him the same or less than what he paid for his house. Change his attitude mighty quick I'd bet.

Edited by macshooter

... I wonder what that turd would say if you offered to pay him the same or less than what he paid for his house.

I did, more or less (I told him he should give me everything he owns that he received as a gift). I have yet to receive a response.

Some time ago I posted here that I had just bought a 1006 for $400 and asked if I had gotten a good deal or not. The consensus was that I had... and a half.

Since then I have decided to list it for sale on GA and today some idiot who saw the listing accused me of trying to cheat him because he had previously read here that I paid $400 for it and he was upset that I would ask $800 when I had so little in it.

Apparently I just met the reason for the famous John Wayne quote: "Life is hard. Its even harder if you're stupid!"

Just because you got a wonderful deal (your good fortune) does not mean you have to extend that wonder to anyone else. Just make it a fair deal. If market says the gun is worth $800, then so be it. Kudos...

Sounds like that guy gets his panties in a bunch voer stupid stuff. It don't freakin' matter what I paid for something, it matters what it's worth and that's b/w me and the buyer. "One man's trash, another man's treasure".

Its pretty much impossible to rip someone off if an item is honestly described.

Something is worth what a person will pay for it, best of luck on your sale.

Jim

Glad I'm not planning on selling any of my 1046's, or I might be called a scammer!

Kind of simple -- the market determines value. When I traded in my last car I didn't get what I paid for it originally. Didn't seem fair. The buyer doesn't have to buy yours, he can opt to keep looking for one in the $400 range.

Edited by remat457