Sign in to follow this  
Rev. DeadCorpse

http://outbreakomega.com/

Hosted at Alhman's this year.

Last year was a two day shoot, this year is just a one day, but I'm told Ahlman's is a larger shooting facility than Del-Tone/Luth.

This will be my 3rd year going. flea.gif

Hosted at Alhman's this year.

Last year was a two day shoot, this year is just a one day, but I'm told Ahlman's is a larger shooting facility than Del-Tone/Luth.

This will be my 3rd year going. flea.gif

I must has seen you last year then, my son and I were RSO’s for the event..

Link to last year's outbreak

Edited by scotto

:crying: Will be out of the country on July 9th :crying:

I must has seen you last year then, my son and I were RSO’s for the event..

Link to last year's outbreak

I may have been hard to see, I was wearing camouflage. ;-)

I had a Browning Light Auto-5 that was running pretty good on the pepper poppers.

I'm in Faribault so this is probably a no brainer for me. Pretty good time?

I'm in Faribault so this is probably a no brainer for me. Pretty good time?

Very good time. Made it out to Ahlman's last weekend with both of my Brothers-in-law. Shot the 3 "ranges" under the Winchester sign. A, unique, experience.

The rest of Ahlman's looks like a shooters play land. Still trying to suss out what all is open for members to shoot on and when. If they set up the stages the way I think they are going to, it oughta be fantastic.

Updates on the Outbreakomega.com website including narrowing down a "guess-timate" on the round count.

Update:

This was a VERY good time. It turns out the Ahlman's campus is actually two different shooting clubs. One public, one private. The first is Ahlman's and the second the Morristown Gun club. The whole thing was opened up and converted into a zombie hunters playground this past weekend.

Vendor area was a bit thin compared to years past. But they made up for it later...

Check in was eay, but a bit confusing. VIP folks got a wrist band, t-shirt, meal ticket, and some swag including a Twinkie (hat tip Zombieland). Pre-registered folks got tickets. The tickets were a bit odd as they were your typical raffle two-part tickets, but it wasn't adequately explained that the drawing would not be based on the tickets and that you could shoot one stage per ticket and did not need to retain the duplicate.

Minor hitch...

The stages were fun and challenging. Everything from straight rifle/pistol/shotgun... To combinations of all of the above. A couple of the stages had the typical long lines of the past, but with 20-30 different stages to shoot from, you could afford to wait a bit.

Prizes came in two parts, general swag and firearms. The vendors really came through. Over 120 different prizes from full UTG rigs to hard and soft lockable weapons cases. Gear and range bags with additional "goodies" including a John Wayne signed copy of the Blue Book of Gun Values. Not sure if The Duke signed it officially or not, but it was kinda cool none the less. Even K-Bar pitched in 20 neon-green handled Zombie Hunter knives.

15 different firearms were given away. Coonan, Remington, Nordic, Bushmaster, and DPMS. DPMS even produced a One-off/One of a kind serial # 1 of 1 specifically for this event. Custom engraved and chambered in .308.

I didn't win anything this year, but my Brother-in-law scored a full UTG tac vest with all the associated pouches. He's hooked... ;-)

See ya' next year guys. It was a blast...

Edited by Rev. DeadCorpse

yep mark your calanders for June 23rd 2012 for the Outbreak 5 at ahlmans

This Friday. Registered VIZ when they first opened it up for this year.

My 4th in a row. 55 firearms to be given away. Over $100,000 in prizes. My Brother in law and I will be camping out on sight Friday night for the industry dinner.

http://www.brdnews.com/forums/style_emotic...efault/flea.gif

Hells yeah...

This Friday. Registered VIZ when they first opened it up for this year.

My 4th in a row. 55 firearms to be given away. Over $100,000 in prizes. My Brother in law and I will be camping out on sight Friday night for the industry dinner.

:flea:

Hells yeah...

I won’t be able to attend this year, again, :sad: but you have a great time and shoot a zombie for me. :wink:

Edited by scotto

I won’t be able to attend this year, again, :sad: but you have a great time and shoot a zombie for me. :wink:

I'll drink your share of the beer too if that's ok... ;-)

From what I hear, they may be running the SHTF shoot this fall again as well.

http://www.shtfshoot.com/

I'll drink your share of the beer too if that's ok... ;-)

:beerchug:

Just talked with my son, he will be there working as an RSO...