AR15Armory.com

Itching for an ACOG...

aaron_c

I think I'd rather just get a magnifier for my Aimpoint and keep it. That will allow me to use it as a close-range system and a medium-range system. I'll probably start a new thread either later tonight or tomorrow and start deciding on how much magnification I want as well as which brands etc. are in my price range given than I think I'll hold onto the Aimpoint.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice TA33.

OP- ACOGs can be found for the price you mentioned. I found a TA01NSN-RMR for $650, and a TA31F for $675, the latter of which looked brand spankin' new.

I'd look for a TA11F, personally. 3.5x35, longer eye relief and larger field of view than the 4x32, chevron reticle w/ 5.56 BDC. It weighs a wee bit more and you lose .5x magnification,, but the tradeoff is well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
LOL Aren't we all?

I've yet, to this day, seen a used ACOG go for under 1k. But I've only been in it around a year and a half.

Look at the 1-4x that Trijicon makes. Very nicely priced.

Check on Texasguntrader.com looked today at least 8 on trijicons on the site half of them used :flea:

I've sold some golf clubs for $200, and have someone about to buy a 9mm from me for $300. That's 500 plus whatever I could get for my Aimpoint setup, hopefully $400+. So $900ish, I plan to have in the ACOG fund after my Aimpoint sells (after the cash is in hand from the handgun sale).

$900- what ACOG models should I keep my eye out for? Flat top 16" 5.56 AR.

I've sold some golf clubs for $200, and have someone about to buy a 9mm from me for $300. That's 500 plus whatever I could get for my Aimpoint setup, hopefully $400+. So $900ish, I plan to have in the ACOG fund after my Aimpoint sells (after the cash is in hand from the handgun sale).

$900- what ACOG models should I keep my eye out for? Flat top 16" 5.56 AR.

TA01 NSN unless you like the fiber optic.

TA01 NSN unless you like the fiber optic.

That one does look excellent but if I'm going from an Aimpoint to an ACOG I do think I want to maintain the easy to pick up illuminated reticle. What's your recommendation for that, RB06?

That one does look excellent but if I'm going from an Aimpoint to an ACOG I do think I want to maintain the easy to pick up illuminated reticle. What's your recommendation for that, RB06?

The TA01 illuminates in the dark with tritium. It is the only ACOG i have much experience with.

The TA01 illuminates in the dark with tritium. It is the only ACOG i have much experience with.

What did you mean when you said 'unless you want fiber optic'? Is the TA01 only illuminated via the tritium?

I'm having a AR15 built right now by USAF ex-military guy. Of course I told him I would like to shoot 300m and farther! First thing he told me was not to buy anything but a Trijicon then for my application he said the Trijicon for me would be the TA31F. When I went to the picture on the Trijicon site I notice you can set it at 100m up to 800m. Don't know if this would work for you, but I thought I would chime in and let you know what an ex-military advice is for an AR was. It might not be for you, but I'm planning on saving up for one. These things are very spendy. I did notice I could find one on ebay by and ebay store and it was $950. Didn't think that was to bad since the MSRP was $1433. Good luck bud