zollen

Gas Pressure Protection System

Pressure Relief Valve (PSV) for standard Direct Impingement AR's.

Standard Gas Block with integrated PSV

fsbr.jpg

Disassembly Diagram

pressurerelifvalve.jpg

Belleville Springs Washers Reference (explaining the strength of spring washers)

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=...Qy&hl=en_US

Design and Animation (created by Google Sketchup8 Free Edition)

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9XSnDKMwp...Ux&hl=en_US

Features and Advantages

1. Improve durability and longevity of AR internals.

2. Automatic adjust internal gas pressure when equiped with sound suppressor

3. Automatic adjust internal gas pressure when chambered with ammo of different brands

4. Completely disabling gas pressure by removing PSV internal (i.e. springs groups and main seal..etc)

5. Simple and durably design

6. Interchangeable spring groups for different barrel lengths (i.e. 7.5", 10.5", 12.5", 14.5" and 16"..etc)

7. Decrease the possibility of catastrophic failure or receiver explosion as a result of extreme gas pressure.

Edited by zollen

This is designed as a drop-in kit for existing DI AR's. This kit would comes with two favors. A2 style front sight with built-in PSV, or rail gas block with built-in PSV.

The existing standard Gas blocks are basically a block of solid metal (with internal gas channel). I thought we could introduce a little complexity to turn it into a auto-adaptable gas block.

Dude, why do you keep attempting to re-invent the AR-15? I applaud your ingenuity, but you are fixing things that don't need fixing, you are just adding parts to a rifle that works just fine.... :tf:

Come up with a true compensator/flash hider combo without obnoxious concussion (a magic muzzle device if you will) and you'll have a winning accessory to sell by the boatload.

Edited by cc2001

" I thought we could introduce a little complexity to turn it into a auto-adaptable gas block."

And herein lies the problem. The AR-15 was designed to be a simply, non-complex weapon, thus the Direct Impingement System. I have watched you post your designs on here for the past few months and all the do is take the existing design, that has worked fine for 48+ years, and add complex mechanical devices, most of which have very small pieces, but do little to nothing to enhance the function, reliability or accuracy of the rifle.

Again, you have a very gifted mechanical mind, but I cannot see the merit in any of the inventions that you have come up with. I know, like the rest of us, you love the black rifle, and you soo badly want to design something as ground-breaking as the piston system or other new development in the AR-15. The problem is that for something to require a fix, it has to be broken. This latest concept is just one of these things. The M16 has been fired suppressed since Viet Nam, a doubt that anyone has experienced the problems you are addressing. If such a problem has existed, it is probably so rare that is could be considered an anomaly.

If you want to work on a design, how about a fully modular upper receiver, that allows you to, at a user level switch the rifle from a left eject to a right eject (like the AUG), or like CC posted, a better Comp/FS, or an overhead piston assembly that negates the need for a buffer tube (The ZM doesn't count, it is still DI). These are all fertile ground, and are things in need of a fix.

This is just my two-cents. Take it or leave it....

Dude, why do you keep attempting to re-invent the AR-15? I applaud your ingenuity, but you are fixing things that don't need fixing, you are just adding parts to a rifle that works just fine.... :tf:

I must have been thinking REALLY loud!