AR15Armory.com

Reporter Hospitalized After California News Crew Shot at With BB Guns

VietVet

I wouldn't read too much into that one guys. Cops taking BB guns from kids making a nuisance of themselves goes back as far as Red Ryder. :laugh:

You can't have it both ways fellas, either a BB gun is a gun so protected by the 2nd which means, automatic deadly weapon, or its not and no different than a cop taking a ball bat.

Not to kill the potential for a great thread but IMHO since the girls skin was broken, there was blood, then that's grounds to suspect deadly weapon. It would be no different if it had been a pencil or other sharp object. Of course, it will be a sniper assignation attempt because its a news reporter but the charges don't surprise me. About anything can be considered a deadly weapon depending on the damage done.

Tj

Not quite. The laws, at least here, say what is a deadly weapon. BB guns are not. By design they are not intended to cause serious bodily injury or death. They can yes but they are not designed and intended. You can kill someone with a pencil but a pencil is not a deadly weapon.

"Reporter Hospitalized..." means that the poor woman was rushed to the hospital and admitted and had to stay over night.

When someone goes to a hospital emergency room and gets checked out, then sent home with a band-aid, they are not "hospitalized".

God I hate these people.

Alden: These are your typical "victimhood" whiners.

Reporter: "The back of my had is scratched, I have to be 'hospitalized.'"

Were you expecting any differently from the Leftist press? Come now, surely you knew this is how this would be spun, didn't you?

Scott

Edited by gunfan

"Reporter Hospitalized..." means that the poor woman was rushed to the hospital and admitted and had to stay over night.

When someone goes to a hospital emergency room and gets checked out, then sent home with a band-aid, they are not "hospitalized".

God I hate these people.

This, the media can rarely get a story right anymore.

They just suck at it.

ANd yes, I would shot at these people too with a BB gun.

fuzz them

Alden: These are your typical "victimhood" whiners.

Reporter: "The back of my had is scratched, I have to be 'hospitalized.'"

Were you expecting any differently from the Leftist press? Come now, surely you knew this is how this would be spun, didn't you?

Scott

it is pretty funny.

thank god that the teenagers wernt useing "fully automatic, armor peircing, .357 assault revolvers. with hi-capacity mags!"........you know....the stuff the military uses.... :laugh:

Not quite. The laws, at least here, say what is a deadly weapon. BB guns are not. By design they are not intended to cause serious bodily injury or death. They can yes but they are not designed and intended. You can kill someone with a pencil but a pencil is not a deadly weapon.

The charge is assault not possession of a deadly weapon. The state doesn't define a brick as a deadly weapon but up against your head, it is as it relates to assault.

The charge is assault not possession of a deadly weapon. The state doesn't define a brick as a deadly weapon but up against your head, it is as it relates to assault.

How does that have anything to do with this?

You can say what you want. As I said in Texas and in the county where I work, that would NEVER fly as Agg Assault W/ Deadly Weapon. Unless it is a knife, gun or other weapon designed to cause serious bodily injury or death then it isn't a deadly weapon. It's plain ole Agg Assault.

The relevant penal code section is PC 245(a)(1): any person who commits an assault upon another with a deadly weapon or instrument likely to produce great bodily injury. So in California the weapon doesn't have to be designed as a weapon to be classified a deadly weapon.

Example: in California during a road rage incident if the aggresor uses his vehicle to ram your vehicle the charge would be ADW.

Now here is another example of screwed up California law:

penal code section 12031 ccw without a permit is a misdeamenor, wheras possesion of brass knuckles is a felony. :blink: