Sign in to follow this  
Air2xplore

Shooting Areas Near Yakima

I've been around the forum for a while and have recently relocated to the Yakima area. Down the thread a bit I saw mention of a tract of land that is open for shooting. Any directions or locations for longer range outdoor shooting would be appreciated.

Also, anyone looking for someone to head out to a range with, let me know!

Go north to the Yakima Training Center. (Used to be called the Yakima Firing Range). It's kind of a pain in the butt to jump through all the hoops to get in, but there is a lot of country to shoot in up there.

Have you checked out the one out past Moxee? I went there a few years ago for an IPSC match, and I remember a short rifle range, and I seem to remember some of the members talking about a new range out to 700 yards. I think it's called; "Sun Valley" or something like that. I think a tight 700 group in the kind of wind that blows out there would be an accomlishment! Better load some real heavy/high BC bullets.

Also, there is a lot of state land around there where you can stretch some yardages.

North of Selah at the end of Sheep Company rd. you can shoot an easy 1000 yds if you want. Because of the fire hazard now the shooting area is closed after 10 am