AR15Armory.com

Question for Gmountain

youngod

The requirement is part of a broad expansion of coverage for women's preventive care under President Barack Obama's health care law. Also to be covered without copays are breast pumps for nursing mothers, an annual "well-woman" physical, screening for the virus that causes cervical cancer and for diabetes during pregnancy, counseling on domestic violence, and other services.

Question...could this be challenged Constitutionally? To me, it is discriminatory in that it provides women "free" medical care and does not do the same for the man. I am all for women's rights don't get me wrong. But it looks to me as this could be argued that men are entitled to the same screenings (prostate, testicular),etc...

I'm sure there will be plenty of challenges.

My guess is some of the reasoning is looking for problems that typically cost a lot of money if not caught early. I guss if some guy wants a breast pump and can't get one, trouble might ensue. :laugh:

I think it would boil down to is it in the law or is it in some regulation from health and human services. If it's in the law itself, any part of it that can be thrown out on constitutional basis ends they whole thing because there is no separation clause.