Anyone here had a 1911 chambered in .40 converted to accept 10mm? Barrel switch and fitting? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Easiest is to just have your .40 barrel reamed to 10mm. My gunsmith charged me $35 as I recall to do this on my Para 16-40. The trick is finding a smith with a 10mm reamer. (Mine had one, but it was chipped and he didn't want to risk my barrel. I ended up buying a finish reamer, which I still have.)

Switching the barrel is similarly easy. Cost of barrel + fitting.

I also recommend the following changes, although they are not required: EGW Flat Bottom Firing Pin Stop, Wolff 25# hammer spring and Wolff 24# recoil spring. You can order all these parts from Brownells for about $40. These will help keep the unlock/timing of the action closer to how it runs in 45 ACP.

How about the other way? I had a 40S&W barrel fit to a 10mm pistol. I imagine it is not too different :)

Yes. 10mm to 40 S&W is a barrel switch. No way to "un-ream".

Although....

I would rather invest the money in a reloading set-up. Then I could download to 40 S&W levels, and be cheaper than I can buy ammo for either caliber.

Yes. 10mm to 40 S&W is a barrel switch. No way to "un-ream".

Although....

I would rather invest the money in a reloading set-up. Then I could download to 40 S&W levels, and be cheaper than I can buy ammo for either caliber.

Fair enough, reaming is probably less expensive.