Sign in to follow this  
maxsnafu

Witness 'Hunter' Recoil Spring

Guys, I need your advice. What weight recoil spring do you recommend be put in the Hunter to safely shoot 180 gr. DoubleTap loads? I now have a 20 lb. spring in the gun. Is that adequate? If not, where can I find a heavier one? I don't see anything heavier on Wolff's website. Remember, this gun has the 6" barrel.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

20 lb should be fine for that gun. The extra slide mass makes up for lots of spring weight.

I have used a 20lbs rated wolff for over a decade in mine without issue. Trust me when I say I have fired much hotter 10mm then you will ever out of yours.

maxsnafu, sqlbullet, panzermk2:

What, specifically, is the exact Wolff spring that one must order for the Witness Hunter? I've been thinking about getting a stronger spring for mine, but haven't yet. If you don't mind, would you provide the part #, to be sure that I order the correct spring? My handloads are pretty stout, for hunting deer, certainly as powerful as Double Tap's loads. The velocity of my 155 grain Speer Gold Dot bullet load is 1,550 fps, very similar to Double Tap's load. Needless to say, firing my load with the factory spring, my Hunter sends my brass to a "significant" distance. Thanks much.

Jim