Sign in to follow this  
sscolt

Glock 20 into 9 x 25 Dillon :-)

Bought a new Glock 20 a few months ago, love it, dunno what it is about the G20 but it really doesn't feel like your shooting a 10mm, but anyway, picked up a LW 9 x 25 barrel for it, had a play at the range today, WOW, noisy :) bright sunny day today but the muzzle flash was very visible :) :) .

Load was, 124gr fmj projies on top of 14.5gr of Win 296, (same as Hodgson H110).

Couldn't run them over the chronograph because I put a .40 S&W round through it, (through the chrono that is, not over it) a few weeks ago and it isn't feeling very well at the moment :sad:

But here's some pics

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

10mm Auto next to a 9x25

IMG_1728.jpg

Bought a new Glock 20 a few months ago, love it, dunno what it is about the G20 but it really doesn't feel like your shooting a 10mm, but anyway, picked up a LW 9 x 25 barrel for it, had a play at the range today, WOW, noisy :) bright sunny day today but the muzzle flash was very visible :) :) .

Load was, 124gr fmj projies on top of 14.5gr of Win 296, (same as Hodgson H110).

Couldn't run them over the chronograph because I put a .40 S&W round through it, (through the chrono that is, not over it) a few weeks ago and it isn't feeling very well at the moment :sad:

I run a 9X5 barrel as well. Speed is around 1840 FPS with Double-Tap. Fun shooting..!

dwds1h.jpg

sscolt, :welcome: to the forum! I see you're from down under and across the pond in New Zealand, Congrats on the 9x25Dillon conversion. I have loaded them with the Win-296 and H-110 but it was down on performance from the shorter 5" and even shorter 3.78" barrels for my pistols with those powders. I have even worked up loads with Blue Dot, Power Pistol AA#7 and AA#9 that provided some good results with this cartridge. You can find the data in the reloading section here on 10mmTalk
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/topic/47986-9x25-dillon-loads/

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/topic/48304-9x25-dillon-loading/

You might also be interested in the Glock Talk Forum and the 9x25 reloading section http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228796

When I first got into the 9x25Dillon I purchased some Double Tap ammo to check things out using my S&W1006 with the Bar-Sto match grade conversion barrel. Being a handloader I broke down some of each of his loadings and weighed the powder charge weights. At the time the powder type was unknown. Then I conversed with several people that I had exchanged info and data with, and they said that the powder description I provided seemed like LongShot. Therefore I when out and purchased some LongShot, and it looked exactly like what was inside of DT's product. I carefully worked up the loads and the test revealed that LongShot provided the identical results with the equal charge weights...

This cartridge lends itself well to 6" and longer barrels to squeeze out the top velocity performance. Bullets with the longer straight sides seem to be the most accurate but those lighter bullets under 100 grains can be driven to the higher velocities.

Please be sure to post your findings good or bad so we can all learn from one another...
Glad to see others join in the fun and excitement of the 9x25Dillon! :thumb:

Hi Shadow, thanks for the welcome.

Still haven't had a chance to chrono my 9x25 loads, have bought a new chrono after executing my old one but am going to build a steel box for it to sit in so I don't do the same again

Accuracy was superb though, nice little groups at 15yds and 25yds, very happy.

I can't source factory 9x25 ammo in NZ, no one shoots it over here, it's considered a "dead" caliber in NZ, I bought the barrel just to have some fun and because I have piles of 10mm brass.

Am seriously looking at a conversion barrel for my STI Edge, again just for fun, and because it seems to offend most people at the range :nt: :nt:

Has anyone actually chronographed the same load through a 6" barrel vs a 5" barrel? would be interesting to see some definitive results, probably not too relevant for myself, we cant hunt with pistols, target shooting is pretty much our limit with pistol ownership so shooting paper and steel probably won't really be an issue if my loads are a few fps down on a 6" barrel.

Cheers lots :)