I was just thinking about how much use I get out of mine and was wondering what all of you thought about them. I've got an SOG powerlock that i've used and abused for a few years and it's always served quite well, just wondering what you all are carrying and what you think of these things.

My favorite is the Leatherman Wave.

I must think highly of them, I have a dozen or so different brands.

Tj

Leatherman Skeletool. Nifty little thing. Doesn't have a can opener though. :CONFUS12: I had a Kick, I think? But forgot to pack it in my luggage a few years ago and had to leave it at security in Phoenix. :sad:

I love having a tool with me. Than and my little Surefire are part of my everyday carry items.

I owned several leathermans when the company come out in support of Al Gore for president. I swore I would never buy another. I still havent but I can not get the ones I have to break dispite carring them every day.

I have a couple of Gerbers and a couple of SOGs as back up when these do die.

Leatherman Wave. I've went through several gerbers but am yet to break the Wave.

Wow, the leatherman is what most of the people i work with carry too, i just got a really good deal on the sog when i bought it and it's supposed to have a lifetime warranty so if they honor it i didnt figure i'd be losing much. So far after 5yrs the only thing wrong with it is its got a couple loose spots i havent got around to retightning yet.

Anybody have a MUT? I've been debating losing my skeletool temporarily and replacing it with something that has more...stuff.

I have the MUT, very cool tool...but too big for everyday carry. It has found a permananent home in my range bag.

I have the Skeletool and Wave, broke the skeletool earlier this year and Leatherman replaced it free of charge, all I paid was $5 shipping.

I carry a SwissTool quite often, and the quality is excellent. My alternate is a Paladin (SOG) multi, which is dedicated with telephony and IT tools. As with all SOG's, it features the compound-leverage advantage. About the only thing, I don't like on the SOG is the scissors. Usually, I just pack a Swiss Army knife for EDC, augmented with .357 Snub or .380 Autopistol. I have a couple of Gerbers, but consider them to be, basically, cheap 'junk'.

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

Leatherman makes a good product, but I won't buy one from a company that's as stridently anti-gun as them.

Leatherman makes a good product, but I won't buy one from a company that's as stridently anti-gun as them.

:CONFUS12: please explain, I have not heard of this? :unsure:

:CONFUS12: please explain, I have not heard of this? :unsure:

They're not anti-gun.

That sort of thing came about when the company president, Tim Leatherman, donated a rather sizable chunk of money to Kerry's campaign. That caused quite a stir, and he eventually came out and said that while his politics might be his, making a sizable contribution in his own name probably wasn't a wise idea, as it would only serve to alienate a percentage of his customers. He said that he still thought Kerry was a good candidate, but that the contribution was unwise. He made it quite clear that he made the contribution with his own money, not the company's money.

I can't fault a man for having political beliefs, but I agree with him that making a contribution to any candidate or political measure's effort was probably unwise. Since he shares his name with that of the company, and it's a rather unique name, any contribution is going to be offensive to some of his customers. He said he intends to concentrate on his company making the best tools possible, and having the best service possible.

The company advertises in gun magazines, and IIRC, I even saw one of their ads in an American Rifleman. Either way, they make a good product, have the best customer service of any large company, and I've never heard of the company taking any political stance at all. I am proud of my Leatherman Super 300 that I got for Christmas, and it's going to find a home on my duty belt soon.