Jump to content
gyshooter70

Hunting with the 223

Recommended Posts

:nt: This will be my first year hunting w/my AR was wondering if anyone can tell me what a good bullet weight would be for hunting white tail.

I have 55gr and 75gr ammo and it shoots well out of the gun but will either have the stopping power to drop a deer. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:welcome:

 

A premium bullet 60-64 grains in weight will do fine. It is more about shot placement. I have killed a few deer with PMC 55 PSP and they all died quick and quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:welcome:

 

A premium bullet 60-64 grains in weight will do fine. It is more about shot placement. I have killed a few deer with PMC 55 PSP and they all died quick and quiet.

shot placement is 90% of the equation the other 10% is having a large enough bullet to do the rest of the job.. you can kill just about anything with a .22mag if you put it in the right spot but 60-64 grain will do the job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...